Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
SL30
Earning My Ears

Best use of QS credits, am I crazy to think we will use them all?

I see everyone talk about all their snack and some meal credits they have left at the end. It doesn't seem like that much to me.
My plan is to take granola bars/poptarts to eat for breakfast, then eat lunch and dinner at qs and have a snack each day....

Will there really be leftover and we won't eat 1 snack each day? Seems like although my kids don't eat a ton, they are still going to want 2 meals and a snack?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

We used our meal credits with no issue. Snack credits we had some left but most snacks are too big for 1 in my opinion so we didn't use all of those! I can see using everything easily if we went at a cooler time of year but August was SOOOO hot!

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
sarahb74
Mouseketeer

Hi. We used all of our food credits and didnt have anything spare at the end to buy treats to take home - I dont think we're particularly greedy (2 adults, DS 11 & DS 6), but we didnt buy anything extra for breakfast or to eat during the day, we just used our DDP credits.
Sarah

HNY April 2008, DLH Feb 2010, HNY Dec 2010, ESC May 2011, CC Aug 2013, HNY Feb 2014
Poly Aug 2012
Grand Californian Aug 2014
sarahb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
wdwagain518
Mouseketeer

we always save some snack credits for the end so we can bring home some yummy magic cookie bars from POR!!

On one of our trips last year we did wind up with counter service left over, but that was more a planning issue-we were off property for part of the trip visiting family, going to Universal, etc.

This time I think I have it planned much better

wdwagain518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

We've only ever had one QS credit left - I was sick with pneumonia on our last trip and didn't eat as much as usual. Normally we would use all our credits since we do a TS each day, and QS for lunch and quite often for bedtime snack.

Snack credits we generally use up and also buy snacks OOP (we like our Disney food!).
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??

ReluctantDisaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
danicaca
Mouseketeer

The only time we have ever had leftover credits (at least SC) was when you got 2 SC per day - no way did we need all of those, but it was fun buying Mickey rice krispie treats to take home as souvenirs! I think we will probably do several snacks oop, especially the cheaper ones!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

We never have any snack credits leftover, cause my son LOVES to snack! I let him have most of our snack credits. I have noticed that with each trip we tend to have a couple of QS credits leftover at the end. We either buy a QS on our last day, or we get 3 snacks for one QS credit. But we always use it up. We paid for it, so we might as well get something.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

We always seem to have snack credits left over....our kids are still fairly small and we have them share snacks a lot.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
cerberus
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

We sometimes have snack credits left over, but once we started using them for fruits and such that we eatfor breakfast the last visit we did not have any. If you do just load up on some yummy snacks to take home so they do not go to waste

cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
CoachKristy
Earning My Ears

We did have some quick service credits and snack credits left over at the end of our last trip. Since we drove down we just stopped at Downtown Disney on our way out. We used all of our snack credits at Goofy's Candy Shop on little items for the kids to take back to their friends. Then we used our remaining quick service credits to buy 3 lunches that we split on the way home. The portion sizes are so large that my kids split a lot of the quick service meals.

Trips to WDW: 1987, 2001, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

CoachKristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

i think you learn something each time you use the dp, we've done the qs the last couple of years and we usually don't have any qs left but we did universal one day so we had some left over and we went to the foodcourt the night before check out and got the wraps, sushi, chips, things we could pack in our little ice chest for on the drive home.
my rule that i've learned with snacks is i don't use them on cokes but will on the slushies. we've mastered the snacks so we usually don't have any left. i know what and where my favorites are. we love the qs plan. we are not breakfast eaters either, would rather be riding so we also do the breakfast bars in the room or backpacks.
have fun planning!!

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
mousiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
kellzkidz
Mouseketeer

I remember the first time I used the dp I was concerned with spending the snack credits too quickly-and I hoarded them! I would pay oop for the snacks the kids wanted in the parks and ended up with leftovers! (we used them for mickey rice crispy heads to take home to our friends)
I learned to go ahead and use the credits however our little hearts desire, and it works out just right!

kellzkidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
SL30
Earning My Ears

I did think about it and realized we will get credits for the first day right? and we probably won't get to the hotel until 10pm so that will give us a few extra credits to use for breakfast if we want.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

We have had a few extra credit left over before, QS and Snacks.
Don't forget you can use them until midnight on the day of check out. So you can use them for breakfast or lunch depending on departure time.

DH and I have gone to Goofy's candy shoppe at DTD and used up our snack credits then headed over to EOS and gotten our meals to go and put in the cooler for the ride home. We live in northern GA, So they keep well, I always bring ziploc baggies so I just put the sandwiches in so they don't get yucky.

Use the snack credit at one of the bakery's the night before check out if you are going out early am and use for breakfast or a snack on the way home.

Our friends fly so they always, stop at the grab and go and burn up the last of their snack credits, they also have taken sandwiches to the airport to eat, why pay for airport food, when you have already paid for these credits.

Some of the CM's will let you use a QS credit for 2 items from the grab and Go section some have let's us get 3 items, We have gotten a pastry and juice or coffee, or a yogurt, piece of fruit and juice. With that said it really depends on the CM and where you are trying to use them. But we always ask a CM who is manning the register then go back to them to check out with them.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
mamato3girls
Mouseketeer

We had 6 qs meals left at the end of outlast trip and 3 the trip before. On our last trip (in April) we had a 5, 3 and 8 month old). My kids are really not that hungry at Disney and they also aren't big breakfast eaters. Typically they would eat a pastry and some sort of fruit for breakfast (both snack credits). And they would eat those atound 10, i keep granola bars in the room which they munch on while everyone is getting ready. We had planned our dinners early like around 3:45-5. Between breakfast and dinner we all usually shared 2 qs meals but no one wanted a whole one. Later in the evening they would sometimes share a popcorn or ice cream sundae but wouldn't want another meal, dh and I would often share a qs meal late though. So we generally only used 3qs meals a day. Plus we only do 6 park days but we stayed 7 nights we arrive late and leave early to drive home.
mamato3girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: