Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Suggestion needed for birthday celebration please!

My sister decided last year that before her 50th birthday this year she wanted to do a half-marathon. She picked the Princess Half Marathon, and so our sister-in-law and I decided we'd join her in a show of sisterhood. We want to celebrate her big 5-0 at dinner after the race. We aren't planning to buy park tickets (Disney without parks! ) so it needs to be a resort restaurant.

I made one ADR for dinner on our arrival night at House of Blues because my SIL's friend is a manager there, so not HOB.

I would have to say we're not hugely adventurous eaters.

Also, my best friend's family will be on their annual Disney vacation at the same time and will be joining us, so should be relatively kid-friendly.

My sister liked the menu for 'Ohana, but so far I haven't been able to get an ADR for 8 at a decent time.

Give me your thoughts and tell me where you've had good experiences. Thanks!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Quin
DIS Veteran

If it was just the adult sisters/SIL I'd say to go for a nice Signature, either Cali Grill if not in refurb then or Narcoossees, so you could still see Wishes even without Park tickets. Very adult-birthday-ish.

But adding in family plus kids - Narcoossees is still an option but is pricey, especially for a large group. How about Hoop-De-Doo? VERY basic American food so no problems for picky eaters. Boisterous party atmosphere. PLUS adult beverages come with the meal!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Cape May Cafe
Olivia's
Kona
Whispering Canyon

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

If you're looking for a place that might make a big deal about the birthday, WCC would be a good choice! Just be sure to request a rowdy, fun waiter/waitress.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Thanks for the ideas! Olivia's is one I hadn't thought of - I've never been there. I'd like to do WCC, but not sure that she wants *that* big a deal made out of her birthday!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: