Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #136
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurcomputer View Post
I hope its the list of "Forgotten Characters". I am thinking it is Oswald related. I am thinking either the making of an Epic Mickey attraction or Oswald as a character. I still think that Mickey Junk Mountain would be a great Splash Mountain-like attraction to reintroduce Oswald and some of the other "Forgotten Characters" that are prominent in the game. My 14 year old has an amazing verbal rendition for the ride flow and structure.......future Imagineer!!!!! We have a gut feeling about htis one
I wish! I just made my daughter an Ortensia shirt for our upcoming trip even though we know there will be nothing there.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #137
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkgt76 View Post
Carsland is one of the major reasons I would like to travel to California for our next trip. It sounded super fun to me!
Agreed. I don't think they would build a duplicate at WDW (or similar even) for this very reason.

They'd be better off to build something themed with Toy Story or Monsters like pp mentioned. I vote for Toy Story. The kids LOVE TS. LOL

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #138
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I completely agree each park needs to have there own unique things therefor putting Carsland at WDW would not be fair to Disneyland so i think they need to build something completely different. I would love to see another Pixar movie such as Monsters Inc. or Toy story. Toy story was such a hit for disney I'm surprised they haven't built a whole section on that yet.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #139
Taramcc73
Earning My Ears

I heard StarWars Land is coming...this is why they cancelled Pixar Parade and Disney Channel Rocks to make more room for it. Also, DTD of course with Disney Springs!
Taramcc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #140
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
Agreed. I don't think they would build a duplicate at WDW (or similar even) for this very reason.
If WDW people decide to take a trip to Disneyland the majority of them would probably just trade a WDW trip for a Disneyland one so in the end Disney Company still gets thier money no matter which park they go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramcc73 View Post
I heard StarWars Land is coming...this is why they cancelled Pixar Parade and Disney Channel Rocks to make more room for it. Also, DTD of course with Disney Springs!
Star Wars land is still just a rumor.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #141
sachilles
Mouseketeer

Star wars land is just a rumor, agreed.

However, I think everyone and their mother can see the writing on the wall with this one. It's only a matter of time. How big, where and when are the questions rather than will it happen.

All the other current rumored and announced projects have a fair amount of dissension among disneyphiles. I think most agree that more star wars based theme would be successful.

There might be fist fights as to which episodes to base the themes on etc, but in general Star Wars is about as safe a direction to go for new content as anything else.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #142
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilles View Post
Star wars land is just a rumor, agreed.

However, I think everyone and their mother can see the writing on the wall with this one. It's only a matter of time. How big, where and when are the questions rather than will it happen.

All the other current rumored and announced projects have a fair amount of dissension among disneyphiles. I think most agree that more star wars based theme would be successful.

There might be fist fights as to which episodes to base the themes on etc, but in general Star Wars is about as safe a direction to go for new content as anything else.
I agree that expanded star wars offerings...if not "lands" or maybe even "parks" are a foregone conclusion at this point.

However...i don't agree that the timing and outlays make new announcements and construction of these imminent.

I do think that more star wars is going to be built in - at a minimum - California, Orlando, and China....there other two i'm not as sure.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #143
sachilles
Mouseketeer

The only reason I think this is for one silly reason.
Space ship earth is just begging for a remodel into the death star. The death star is an Icon. It's the perfect central icon for a star wars themed area. Yet I don't see them having both a spaceship earth AND a death star park icon at least in Florida.
Future world of Epcot could be re-themed for star wars to give it an identity, but then the theme doesn't really flow smoothly to world showcase.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #144
larry_poppins
Mouseketeer

Star Tours in DLParis

I believe that one of the first things they will do is upgrade the Star Tours at Disneyland Paris. It is still playing the 1.0 version of the attraction. Updating it couldn't cost much and seems like a no brainer for the new Disney/Lucas Co.

Larry
larry_poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #145
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Space ship earth is just begging for a remodel into the death star. The death star is an Icon. It's the perfect central icon for a star wars themed area. Yet I don't see them having both a spaceship earth AND a death star park icon at least in Florida.
Future world of Epcot could be re-themed for star wars to give it an identity, but then the theme doesn't really flow smoothly to world showcase.
This sounds like a fun idea.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #146
bananasplitkids
Mouseketeer

I just read on another board where several members received a survey regarding Star wars and potential lands and rides. I'm not a stars war fan but would love to see what Disney could do with it.
bananasplitkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #147
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananasplitkids
I just read on another board where several members received a survey regarding Star wars and potential lands and rides. I'm not a stars war fan but would love to see what Disney could do with it.
Apparently they surveyed guests at DL over starwars land. A year ago guests were surveyed about a marvel themed area at DL. Logical choice would be marvel to DL. Star Wars DHS, however if this will happen it will be opened at the earliest 2018
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #148
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnGorski View Post
Apparently they surveyed guests at DL over starwars land. A year ago guests were surveyed about a marvel themed area at DL. Logical choice would be marvel to DL. Star Wars DHS, however if this will happen it will be opened at the earliest 2018
or later...construction takes forever.

i can't wait for May...only to see the reaction when no huge money addition is announced for WDW. The whole entrapment in these rumors makes no sense on so many levels.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #149
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

Just to mention, The DIS Unplugged (3/26/2013) discussed a rumor that the Backlot may be possibly leveled, with half of the space turned into Carsland, the left half being Star Wars.

However, I think that that might present a much grander overhaul of that side of the park, with Star Tours 2 leaving Echo Lake and headed to the Star Wars land, leaving the 23 year old Indiana Jones by itself. Could that lead to the Muppet Studios as a long term possibility?

--- Just thought I'd throw this out there.---

Personally, I just wish that the Sunset Blvd expansion had gone as originally planned. There were so many great attractions that had to be shelved, I assume because of the development of Animal Kingdom around that time. (Just an assumption.)

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #150
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This sounds awesome!!! Just add the Cantina, Mos Eisley space port and you have a reason to travel to other lands, "far far away" as you enter World Showcase...

now do I think that will ever happen? No. Sadly. But man that would be cool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: