Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
BosMan
BosMan

Fantasy May 18 2013

First time cruiser!!!!
My DW and I along with three kids, two girls and a boy. Ages 9,7 &5 are hitting the eastern Caribbean.
I would like to try both Remy & Palo. Does anyone have a recommendation for what night works best to leave the kids? Example, is it better on Sea days or port days?
Not sure my kids will let us out of their sight....
Thoughts?

BosMan
BosMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Tink1030
D23 Member

Pirate Night is a lot of fun for kids. My husband and I found it to be so-so for adults, and the menu wasn't as good. The kids would likely have plenty to keep them occupied while you go eat at either Palo or Remy, but be prepared, they book up fast specifically for this night.

One option you might want to consider is the Palo brunch. I actually think it's the best meal option they have on board - the food is amazing and it's all you can eat for $20 per person. You can easily schedule this during any day at sea when there are tons of things to keep the kids occupied.

You're going to have a blast
Tink1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
septaboy
Earning My Ears

I recommend sending them to the Oceaneers Club. They all can play together there, just on the first day of the cruise get them acquainted with the club and they will have fun. While they are there you and your wife can go to Palo or Remy and enjoy yourselves. The club serves them lunch and dinner too.

Honestly, on my cruise I did not see to much of a difference between the days in the dinning rooms. Pirate night is more for the kids so that might be the best night for you. The Club will take care of your children with the activities.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

We went to Pallo the last evening on the ship (Magic) the last couple of times. We are getting ready to sail on the Fantasy in April and will probably do the same. Other than that we do enjoy the MDR with everyone but it is a nice treat at the end of the cruise and now has kinda turned into a tradition to do so.

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
msrlest8
Earning My Ears

Please feel free to join our facebook page. All you have to do is search the following term in Facebook.....

Disney Fantasy Cruise 5/18 to 5/25/2013

Hope to see you there!

WDW Visits
1982, 1984, 1985, 2011, 2012, 2013

WDL Visits
1990, 1991, 2014
msrlest8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
jerseyshoregirl
Earning My Ears

First Time on a Disney Cruise! So excited!

We're cruising the May 18, 2013 Fantasy! Booked the land & sea vacation this time! Traveling from the Jersey Shore with 3 kids ages 22 months(boy), 4 (boy)years old and 6(girl). At this point it is totally calendar countdown!
jerseyshoregirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: