Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #121
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post


It was bad. I swear I've never been thru anything like it before.

Maybe if I hadn't been trying to just get to the Poly from the MK it wouldn't have been so bad, but when we circled back thru the parking lot and people started screaming at the top of their lungs at the bus driver------ it was awful. I was a bit scared.

There was a family on there that missed an ADR at the GF because of how long it took. I'm pretty sure they ended up with something free-- they were quite vocal about their displeasure.
I'm sure it was just that the monorail was down and it was a party night in the MK and they didn't have the buses to pick up all the extra people.


OMG so I just looked back at our text conversation ab the busses. So funny!

And as far as being at the resort instead of the dang party..... yeah should've listened to your experience with it. Don't even get me started on how I feel about that waste of time and money.

Wow I am a PEACH today I tell ya! A PEACH!!!!!

It does sounds pretty awful. I would have been scared too with all the people irate and yelling on the bus.

Were you late for your ADR? Wait, what night was this -- Tuesday??

I'm sorry your party experience wasn't the best.

A peach!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Honestly I think sharing a bus when you are staying at a nice deluxe, is kind of lame.

Your GF room is very pretty though! I like the view that you had.

Question for you Shelly. When is your favorite summer or holiday time to visit? I'm trying to mentally plan our next trip. Morghan will also be a freshman next year so the less school missed, the better.
It is lame. Beyond lame. You seriously get better bus service at the moderates than you do at the deluxes. Using CBR as an example, because it has the most internal stops - 7 if I remember correctly. It takes about 7-8 minutes to make all those stops within the resort before heading out onto the highway. The stops are literally seconds apart. I remember being at the Jamaica stop and being able to see the Aruba stop! So, within 10 minutes you are on your way. Not to mention that it is probably the most centrally located resort, so getting to the parks takes no time at all! The deluxes on the other hand -- it takes a lot of time to go from one resort to another when you have to go out of the parking lot and out onto the road and then into another parking lot. Crazy. It can be over 30 minutes before you are even on your way.

Guess I'm a real peach today too!


Okay, well anyway -- the last week of August is the best time to go ever!!! But your kids might be back in school by then.... If they happen not to be you have a definitely advantage and should go then!!

I haven't really been during any other school breaks.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #122
T*Bird
DIS Veteran
 
T*Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,235

Great update Shelly! Your room looks really pretty, and the view is beautiful! I would love to wake up in the morning, step outside onto the balcony and take in that view!

Great picture of your family in front of the tree! I guess you did go back for a dressed-up pic!

I had to go back and look at the pic that Jodi was talking about. I had totally missed the castle! Don't know how I missed that, it's truly beautiful all lit up in the background.

The Twilight Refreshers look yummy! Too bad that first pic would prove to be the cause of a major headache for y'all. Maybe they should change the way they have alcohol just sitting there - since some people don't know when to call it a night. I have never tried sushi. I don't know anything it, so I guess I'm a little scared of it. What I need is a shushi coach to go with me and tell me what to get......meaning what is cooked and not raw! Or if anyone can give me some tips, I'll take them!
T*Bird is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #123
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Great update Shelly! Your room looks really pretty, and the view is beautiful! I would love to wake up in the morning, step outside onto the balcony and take in that view!

Great picture of your family in front of the tree! I guess you did go back for a dressed-up pic!

I had to go back and look at the pic that Jodi was talking about. I had totally missed the castle! Don't know how I missed that, it's truly beautiful all lit up in the background.

The Twilight Refreshers look yummy! Too bad that first pic would prove to be the cause of a major headache for y'all. Maybe they should change the way they have alcohol just sitting there - since some people don't know when to call it a night. I have never tried sushi. I don't know anything it, so I guess I'm a little scared of it. What I need is a shushi coach to go with me and tell me what to get......meaning what is cooked and not raw! Or if anyone can give me some tips, I'll take them!

Thanks Teri! Our room and view were very nice! Of course if it's just clean I am usually happy!


Oh yes, too much access to alcohol in the lounge. And some people just don't know when to say when!


I've never had sushi either. And I don't ever plan on it!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #124
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!
 
Lovemy3babes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN -- 1,638 miles from WDW -- too far
Posts: 3,747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
It is lame. Beyond lame. You seriously get better bus service at the moderates than you do at the deluxes. Using CBR as an example, because it has the most internal stops - 7 if I remember correctly. It takes about 7-8 minutes to make all those stops within the resort before heading out onto the highway. The stops are literally seconds apart. I remember being at the Jamaica stop and being able to see the Aruba stop! So, within 10 minutes you are on your way. Not to mention that it is probably the most centrally located resort, so getting to the parks takes no time at all! The deluxes on the other hand -- it takes a lot of time to go from one resort to another when you have to go out of the parking lot and out onto the road and then into another parking lot. Crazy. It can be over 30 minutes before you are even on your way.

Guess I'm a real peach today too!


Okay, well anyway -- the last week of August is the best time to go ever!!! But your kids might be back in school by then.... If they happen not to be you have a definitely advantage and should go then!!

I haven't really been during any other school breaks.
You are awesome, thank you!!! CBR is definitely next for us. I am going to look into late August for sure. We don't go back until after Labor Day here.
__________________
Kelli, mom to four awesome kids! (14, 13, 10 & 7)
Nov '06: Pop Nov '08: POFQ Dec '09: OKW Sept '10: AsMo Oct '12: POR

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #125
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
You are awesome, thank you!!! CBR is definitely next for us. I am going to look into late August for sure. We don't go back until after Labor Day here.

You're welcome!

We are currently booked for the last week of August. But I just found out that DS13 will have Freshmen orientation one day that week....Trying to decide if it's worth it to move our trip up a week so he won't miss that and go the third week of August. I know it will be busier than the last week of August, but how much busier??? It's always something.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #126
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!
 
Lovemy3babes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN -- 1,638 miles from WDW -- too far
Posts: 3,747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
You're welcome!

We are currently booked for the last week of August. But I just found out that DS13 will have Freshmen orientation one day that week....Trying to decide if it's worth it to move our trip up a week so he won't miss that and go the third week of August. I know it will be busier than the last week of August, but how much busier??? It's always something.
Always something!!!
__________________
Kelli, mom to four awesome kids! (14, 13, 10 & 7)
Nov '06: Pop Nov '08: POFQ Dec '09: OKW Sept '10: AsMo Oct '12: POR

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #127
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags
 
JoBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Right here, of course
Posts: 7,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
You're welcome!

We are currently booked for the last week of August. But I just found out that DS13 will have Freshmen orientation one day that week....Trying to decide if it's worth it to move our trip up a week so he won't miss that and go the third week of August. I know it will be busier than the last week of August, but how much busier??? It's always something.
Boo, Hiss.



What a pain.
__________________
JoBird is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #128
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran
 
Monny2AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Isn't it awesome?

I'm pretty sure he got lots of pics of me giving him dirty looks!!
Those pics should make for a very funny scrapbook for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Well there's a new word - Pocahontassy!!

I know what you mean, you have to wonder how much of it is a language barrier and how much of it is just plain being rude!! We came across more rude people this trip than ever before I think. People just have no sense of personal space.

Yeah, the parade was cute. But I'm good now for about 5 years.
That was our biggest complaint when we went last December. Parade time was the worst. Everyone was so rude. One lady even tried sitting on the foot part of the my kid's stroller as a seat! DH already said next time we go back that we are skipping the parades and I agree.


DS13 and Pocahontas made such a cute couple!

GF pics were gorgeous! I can't believe they gave you two rooms next door to each other!
__________________
Kim

Monny2AE is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #129
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,231

Great update!!

I love the apps at CL they looked yummy! I love sushi!

Nice family pic in front of the tree.

Don't get me started on the buses either. We were able to avoid taking a bus the last couple of trips except for going to AK and DTD. DTD took literally FOREVER!!! I hate the buses!!!!
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #130
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Always something!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Boo, Hiss.



What a pain.

I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Those pics should make for a very funny scrapbook for him!


I guess if he wanted to document every second of his trip he did!! Every second of me yelling at him!!


That was our biggest complaint when we went last December. Parade time was the worst. Everyone was so rude. One lady even tried sitting on the foot part of the my kid's stroller as a seat! DH already said next time we go back that we are skipping the parades and I agree.

Oh we came across the rudest people this trip. Guess December makes people grumpy at WDW???


DS13 and Pocahontas made such a cute couple!


I know!!

GF pics were gorgeous! I can't believe they gave you two rooms next door to each other!
I know, what were they thinking?!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Great update!!

I love the apps at CL they looked yummy! I love sushi!

Nice family pic in front of the tree.

Don't get me started on the buses either. We were able to avoid taking a bus the last couple of trips except for going to AK and DTD. DTD took literally FOREVER!!! I hate the buses!!!!

Thanks!

Oh the buses really stunk this time. Very disappointing. I really wish they would consider doing something differently
.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #131
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

I finally made it to your TR and read all the updates so far. Seems like you guys were off to a great start (besides those long bus rides)!
ronnmel is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #132
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

Hey Shelly! I didn't realize that you were in the middle of a TR until I saw it when I was scanning the TR Forum. So far, It looks like you guys had a great time overall (hopefully!). That really stinks about the check in fiasco, that is pretty absurd. And it looks like the busses weren't much better this time. I still don't understand why the Deluxe bus situation is still such a nightmare.

But, that's nice that you got to spend some time with Jo, and really cool that your rooms were so close! So fun!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and that I will be reading along too
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #133
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I finally made it to your TR and read all the updates so far. Seems like you guys were off to a great start (besides those long bus rides)!

Welcome Mel!

Yep - we were off to a pretty good start other than a few minor glitches. It was a great trip! Lots more to come!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Hey Shelly! I didn't realize that you were in the middle of a TR until I saw it when I was scanning the TR Forum. So far, It looks like you guys had a great time overall (hopefully!). That really stinks about the check in fiasco, that is pretty absurd. And it looks like the busses weren't much better this time. I still don't understand why the Deluxe bus situation is still such a nightmare.

But, that's nice that you got to spend some time with Jo, and really cool that your rooms were so close! So fun!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and that I will be reading along too
Hi Heather!

Yep, it was a great trip and fun to get to see Jodi & family!

I sure will never understand the deluxe bus situation either.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #134
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!
 
jwgm2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 402

Yay! Glad I found your report! I love the set up of the CL lounge. Hope to someday get to enjoy it too!
__________________
Me (39) , DBF (46) , DS (17) , DD (15) , DD (13) , DD (12)

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - DBF and I's First Ever Disney Christmas
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW
November 2014 - DBF and I Celebrating My Big 4-0 at AULANI!!
jwgm2012 is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #135
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Yay! Glad I found your report! I love the set up of the CL lounge. Hope to someday get to enjoy it too!
Welcome! Hope you get to enjoy the lounge someday soon!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: