Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #106
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I've seen the parade!!!! I didn't get to see the Christmas time one, but we didn't go to AK on that short trip. It's a fun parade, I like how the puppeteers are so active and the people/characters are so interactive. The music is good too! I have it on my 4 parks one world CD I think. I know I have the Christmas one on another holiday CD.

I honestly don't remember, but I think we saw it on our March 2011 trip, but not this last one in October. Too soon again maybe?

Love the DS and Pocahontas pic!! Atta Boy!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #107
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I've seen the parade!!!! I didn't get to see the Christmas time one, but we didn't go to AK on that short trip. It's a fun parade, I like how the puppeteers are so active and the people/characters are so interactive. The music is good too! I have it on my 4 parks one world CD I think. I know I have the Christmas one on another holiday CD.

I honestly don't remember, but I think we saw it on our March 2011 trip, but not this last one in October. Too soon again maybe?

Love the DS and Pocahontas pic!! Atta Boy!

Finally someone who has seen the parade!! It is cute and you are right -- the CM's and characters are very interactive.

Too soon - yeah, probably. But that's just my opinion!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #108
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

That is awesome!! Wow that was a LONG interview!! Holy cow!

I sure hope it all works out for him. I bet you are super jealous that he is down there!! I would be!

Yeah a little jealous. He just texted me a pic to guess where they are. He's at Bubba Gump Shrimp at Universal. I guess he is enjoying torturing me. lol

They're having a drink at that Jimmy Buffet bar right now!!! UGH!!! I hate him right now.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #109
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Yeah a little jealous. He just texted me a pic to guess where they are. He's at Bubba Gump Shrimp at Universal. I guess he is enjoying torturing me. lol

They're having a drink at that Jimmy Buffet bar right now!!! UGH!!! I hate him right now.

I think I hate him right now too!!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #110
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2disneyboys

i think i hate him right now too!!
lol
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #111
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

As soon as the AK parade was over we headed out to the bus stop. It wasn't long until a bus pulled up. Too bad it was a bus for the CR, Poly, and the GF. Not to mention a stop at Blizzard Beach in there. Good grief I think we were on that bus forever.

When we got back to the GF it was already after 5:00 and the SL lounge was serving their evening appetizers. So we went up to the room to get washed up a bit before heading back downstairs to get something to eat. But, our first set of room keys didn't work. So back downstairs we headed to tell them and get a new set. They said this had been happening and was a computer glitch. The second set worked and we peeked in our room and saw that our checked luggage was already there, washed our hands, and headed back downstairs.

Twilight Refreshers (served 5-7pm).

After we got our bellies full we headed upstairs to check out our room! And called bell services to have our carry-ons that they had been storing delivered. They came within about 10 minutes. Third floor – room 6315.

Continued in next post.....

Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #112
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Balcony and view ~

Everything was just perfect! The room and balcony were pretty clean and everything appeared to be in order. We were very pleased with our room!

There was even a little welcome chocolate ~

This is from the 3rd floor elevator, looking down at the lounge ~

After we got all unpacked and settled we decided to go outside and take a look around.

We could see there was a big movie screen set up and something going on right outside the construction walls that surrounded the courtyard pool, so the kids had to hurry over and see what was going on!

The CM's came over and told them that from 6-7 every night was Mario Cart and Pin Trading. And at 7:00 they would be showing a movie. It was just now right about 7:00, so they had missed the Mario Cart, but they let them do some pin trading before they took the board down.

The kids weren't too interested in the movie they were showing, so we headed on. They wanted to be sure to be back there for Mario Cart the next night though!!

Next we headed into the main lobby to get a better look at the Gingerbread House and the decorations in there!

They had a photopass photographer set up by the big tree in the center of the lobby. I just had to have a family picture there!

Too bad we weren't in nicer clothes. I told DH we would have to put on something a little nicer and come back the next evening for a picture!

Up Next: More GF

Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #113
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, the GF! It is the most beautiful place ever, and your pictures have me all nostalgic lol I don't remember us having to share buses with Poly and CR, is this new? I think there were a few times that we shared with WL, but that was it.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #114
monica23535
DIS Veteran

The rooms and lounge look nice!

We got to see the gingerbread house on our November 2009 trip, it is very special

I love the family photo, my son would have been dying to play Mario too lol
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #115
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Ahhh, the GF! It is the most beautiful place ever, and your pictures have me all nostalgic lol I don't remember us having to share buses with Poly and CR, is this new? I think there were a few times that we shared with WL, but that was it.
It is a beautiful resort.

We always shared with the Poly. And sometimes the CR was thrown in there too. Crazy! I don't remember going to the WL, other than on the ME bus. But then we only stayed at the GF for a few days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
The rooms and lounge look nice!

We got to see the gingerbread house on our November 2009 trip, it is very special

I love the family photo, my son would have been dying to play Mario too lol

The room was really nice!

The gingerbread house is a pretty awesome site to see! I thought it was pretty neat how they had the photopass photographer set up in the lobby.

We definitely had to go back the next night for Mario Cart!!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #116
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I can't help it-- I love the Grand so much still, even with all the ugliness they've thrown at it these days.

Your view looks eerily familiar. Such a great spot I think. I love to sit out there and hear the train whistle and see the monorail go by. So nice.

IDK what the heck was up with the bus ride that we took that one night from the MK (monorail was down, boats had a huuuuuuuuuuuge behind line)-- but it took us over an hour and a half to wait for a bus (took forever!!!), get loaded onto the bus after they let all the scooters on, go to the CR, go to the parking lot in the TTC, we left out of there and then circled back thru to another stopping point in the same parking lot about 5 feet from the original stopping point-- what the heck?-- and then to the Poly where we had dinner reservations.

It was sincerely ridiculous and it was my last time ever being on a bus in WDW. Next time I don't care --- I'll swim it before I ride another bus. They had so many people crammed on there that people had to get off of the bus in order to let people off and then get back on. I've never seen anything like it. Stupid doesn't even begin to explain it and I wish you could have seen my In laws faces! It was hysterical. Drew had a man's butt and backpack in his face and practically had to sit in my lap to get away from it. OMG, it was awful. Sorry for the rant---- I have PTSD from it every time someone mentions bus. People were yelling and screaming at the Bus driver. I thought it was going to turn into a riot it was so bad.

Anyway---- so Sunday night was sushi night!! Mark was wondering why he didn't get any. Will have to remember that for next time.
Was that the same night as uncrustables?? Thought I remembered you saying the kids had them on that night.

Last but not least-- I love seeing the castle past the boat dock like in that one pic you have of it. First time we stayed there and got in around 1 am we walked outside of the Main bldg to go to SL and saw that and we all just stood there in awe. So pretty.

Great update!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #117
lala3291
DIS Veteran

I agree- the bus rides (especially from Animal Kingdom and DTD) seem to take forever at the GF! We gave up on the buses on our Christmas trip and ended up taking taxis a lot. Costly, but worth it because we got places much quicker!

It looks like you got a lovely room with a great view! We were not so lucky in November- we had a view of the lovely construction! Oh well, at least we were not in the room much!

Love that family picture in front of the tree! I cannot believe that we did not get a family picture in front of the tree ourselves! It would have been a nice Christmas card.

Looking forward to reading more!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- Poly
Nov. '15- GF
Old 01-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #118
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

I can't help it-- I love the Grand so much still, even with all the ugliness they've thrown at it these days.

Your view looks eerily familiar. Such a great spot I think. I love to sit out there and hear the train whistle and see the monorail go by. So nice.

IDK what the heck was up with the bus ride that we took that one night from the MK (monorail was down, boats had a huuuuuuuuuuuge behind line)-- but it took us over an hour and a half to wait for a bus (took forever!!!), get loaded onto the bus after they let all the scooters on, go to the CR, go to the parking lot in the TTC, we left out of there and then circled back thru to another stopping point in the same parking lot about 5 feet from the original stopping point-- what the heck?-- and then to the Poly where we had dinner reservations.

It was sincerely ridiculous and it was my last time ever being on a bus in WDW. Next time I don't care --- I'll swim it before I ride another bus. They had so many people crammed on there that people had to get off of the bus in order to let people off and then get back on. I've never seen anything like it. Stupid doesn't even begin to explain it and I wish you could have seen my In laws faces! It was hysterical. Drew had a man's butt and backpack in his face and practically had to sit in my lap to get away from it. OMG, it was awful. Sorry for the rant---- I have PTSD from it every time someone mentions bus. People were yelling and screaming at the Bus driver. I thought it was going to turn into a riot it was so bad.

Anyway---- so Sunday night was sushi night!! Mark was wondering why he didn't get any. Will have to remember that for next time.
Was that the same night as uncrustables?? Thought I remembered you saying the kids had them on that night.

Last but not least-- I love seeing the castle past the boat dock like in that one pic you have of it. First time we stayed there and got in around 1 am we walked outside of the Main bldg to go to SL and saw that and we all just stood there in awe. So pretty.

Great update!

OMG why don't you tell us how you really feel about the buses???

It really truly isn't usually that bad. I can't believe it took you that long to get from MK to the Poly. I guess they aren't really prepared for the buses to take that route. Good grief.

Between the AK trip and the trip back from DTD and one very bad trip back to the Poly from DHS, we had enough of the buses this time!! Ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the same night they had the uncrustables. See -- you should have had your behind at the GF with us instead of at the party!!!

That is a nice view of the castle at night right there, between the buildings and past the boat dock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
I agree- the bus rides (especially from Animal Kingdom and DTD) seem to take forever at the GF! We gave up on the buses on our Christmas trip and ended up taking taxis a lot. Costly, but worth it because we got places much quicker!

It looks like you got a lovely room with a great view! We were not so lucky in November- we had a view of the lovely construction! Oh well, at least we were not in the room much!

Love that family picture in front of the tree! I cannot believe that we did not get a family picture in front of the tree ourselves! It would have been a nice Christmas card.

Looking forward to reading more!

We ended up taking a cab one night on the way back from DTD. But we didn't have such a good experience. Our driver took the long way around and drove super slow, as we watched the meter go up and up and up. It was ridiculous. I don't think we made it back much faster than the bus.

I remember you getting that construction view. That stinks. Good thing you were busy that trip and weren't in the room a lot.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #119
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

It was bad. I swear I've never been thru anything like it before.

Maybe if I hadn't been trying to just get to the Poly from the MK it wouldn't have been so bad, but when we circled back thru the parking lot and people started screaming at the top of their lungs at the bus driver------ it was awful. I was a bit scared.

There was a family on there that missed an ADR at the GF because of how long it took. I'm pretty sure they ended up with something free-- they were quite vocal about their displeasure.
I'm sure it was just that the monorail was down and it was a party night in the MK and they didn't have the buses to pick up all the extra people.

OMG so I just looked back at our text conversation ab the busses. So funny!

And as far as being at the resort instead of the dang party..... yeah should've listened to your experience with it. Don't even get me started on how I feel about that waste of time and money.

Wow I am a PEACH today I tell ya! A PEACH!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #120
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Honestly I think sharing a bus when you are staying at a nice deluxe, is kind of lame.

Your GF room is very pretty though! I like the view that you had.

Question for you Shelly. When is your favorite summer or holiday time to visit? I'm trying to mentally plan our next trip. Morghan will also be a freshman next year so the less school missed, the better.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: