Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #91
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
So glad I found your TR! We stayed at GF late August for our first (and last ) time...it was so wonderful! But we got an amazing deal. Can't wait to see more of your room and views and grounds.

I saw you have gone in Nov. before....which week? We are deciding between the middle...week before Thanksgiving...or week after which would actually be the first week of December. Thoughts?

Hi!! So glad you are here!

Lots of GF pics coming up!

We have gone in November twice, the second week both times. The first time it was warm and not too crowded. The following year the same week it was cold and a lot more crowded, but not terrible. I have a friend who was there the following week (week before Thanksgiving) and said it wasn't crowded at all until towards the end of her week, closer to the weekend.

Hope that helps some!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #92
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I'm here! I'm here! I'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI 'mhere!

Sorry.

Okay well first things first--- Love those Christmas trees! They are so CUUUTE!

ANd Pocohontas was indeed Pocohantass-y!! She might be the prettiest character I've seen in a long time. I'm sure your son was allllllllllllllllllll over that line.

You got lots of good parade pics. Never have seen it at all. It looks fun. I'll have to try to schedule it in maybe next trip? IDK.

I laughed so hard when I saw that text from you saying you were next door to me. It was really coincidental!

sigh.

Memory.... all aloooooooone in the mooooooooooonlight....I can smile at the old days...... I was beeeeeuteeeful then.....

Do I sing badly? Sorry.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #93
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I have never seen the parade at AK either. I could never my DS is take a pic with Pocahontas LOL!!! To funny.

Those trees are so cute. The decorations are unbelievable.

Some people are just so ignorant!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #94
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
I'm here! I'm here! I'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI 'mhere!

Sorry.

Okay well first things first--- Love those Christmas trees! They are so CUUUTE!

ANd Pocohontas was indeed Pocohantass-y!! She might be the prettiest character I've seen in a long time. I'm sure your son was allllllllllllllllllll over that line.

You got lots of good parade pics. Never have seen it at all. It looks fun. I'll have to try to schedule it in maybe next trip? IDK.

I laughed so hard when I saw that text from you saying you were next door to me. It was really coincidental!

sigh.

Memory.... all aloooooooone in the mooooooooooonlight....I can smile at the old days...... I was beeeeeuteeeful then.....

Do I sing badly? Sorry.

YAY you're here!!

I know, those trees were just adorable!

Oh yes, DS was all over that!! He couldn't wait to share that picture with his friends!

Yeah, the parade is worth seeing once. The kids might enjoy it!

Love your song!! I remember saying out loud -- OMG our room is right next to Jodi's! And DS13 was like -- did she ask them to do that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I have never seen the parade at AK either. I could never my DS is take a pic with Pocahontas LOL!!! To funny.

Those trees are so cute. The decorations are unbelievable.

Some people are just so ignorant!!!!

Wow no one has seen the AK parade!!

DS did the picture to be funny because apparently Pocahontas is "hot"! He really wanted one with Jasmine, but we never found her this trip. Maybe next time!

Yes, lots of ignorant people this trip.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #95
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Fun AK morning! My biggest Disney pet peeve is FLASH pictures on dark rides! So annoying!!!

Funny/crazy ice cream story!

I wish we had seen that parade when we were there in Nov 2011. They announced the dates after we'd made all of our plans so we were at AK the day before it started. Could have rearranged but it would have messed some things up. Oh well... maybe another time.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #96
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelly! Finally had time to catch up with your TR!

I can't stand when people take flash photography on rides...that guy on Dinosaur sounds ridiculous! The ice cream incident sounds crazy too...we actually had a similar incident on our last trip. I was standing in a long line (gotta love Christmas week!) just to get a Diet Coke at a stand in HS. A woman literally cut right in front of me as I was about to order. The CM noticed, and she looked at me, as if to say "sorry" and told the woman who cut in front where the line was. Well, that woman was very rude and said all she wanted was a Mickey Bar. Which is what half of the line of people were waiting for. She clearly didn't get the concept of a line! Anyways, the CM profusely apologized to me (it really wasn't that big of a deal) and gave me a Diet Coke and a water for free. It was greatly appreciated by me and was a very nice gesture.

We have never seen the AK parade either! We are always at AK in the morning and are gone by 1:00 or 2:00, so we always miss it. It looks cute though!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #97
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Great update!

So weird that that woman just came up and took your ice cream. I think I would have been speechless!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #98
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hmm...I'm thinking that is a great way to save on snack credits - just pretend I don't speak English at every snack cart and just take everyone else's! Only kidding, of course

I have actually seen the parade at AK once a few years ago, DH doesn't care for it at all and we always seem to ready to leave AK around 2pm, in fact I don't think we have ever done a full day there.

I love your DS's interest in Pochahontas, I seem to remember that exact same one catching my husbands eye last trip!!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 01-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #99
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Well Shelly.....DH had his interview yesterday. He said it went well. He was there from 8:30-5:00!!!! With breaks in between but My God!!! That would be to stressful for me.

Unfortunately we don't really know much more than we did before. Very frustrating!

He went to Fulton's Crab House for dinner last night and shopping in DTD. I was so jealous!!! He better have gotten me something GOOD!!! LOL

He'll be home tonight. He's having lunch with the boss today so maybe he'll get some more info. Like the timeframe of when the decision will be made. That would be nice to know.... ya think???!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #100
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Fun AK morning! My biggest Disney pet peeve is FLASH pictures on dark rides! So annoying!!!

Funny/crazy ice cream story!

I wish we had seen that parade when we were there in Nov 2011. They announced the dates after we'd made all of our plans so we were at AK the day before it started. Could have rearranged but it would have messed some things up. Oh well... maybe another time.
It was a nice day at AK! Well, except for annoying & rude people!!

It's a nice parade, but nothing worth rearranging your plans for. So don't worry! You'll catch it someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Hi Shelly! Finally had time to catch up with your TR!

I can't stand when people take flash photography on rides...that guy on Dinosaur sounds ridiculous! The ice cream incident sounds crazy too...we actually had a similar incident on our last trip. I was standing in a long line (gotta love Christmas week!) just to get a Diet Coke at a stand in HS. A woman literally cut right in front of me as I was about to order. The CM noticed, and she looked at me, as if to say "sorry" and told the woman who cut in front where the line was. Well, that woman was very rude and said all she wanted was a Mickey Bar. Which is what half of the line of people were waiting for. She clearly didn't get the concept of a line! Anyways, the CM profusely apologized to me (it really wasn't that big of a deal) and gave me a Diet Coke and a water for free. It was greatly appreciated by me and was a very nice gesture.

We have never seen the AK parade either! We are always at AK in the morning and are gone by 1:00 or 2:00, so we always miss it. It looks cute though!

Hi Lauren!

Oh that guy on dinosaur was beyond ridiculous. It was one picture after another after another....It never ended!! I should have told a CM after the ride and asked to ride again!!!

Well that was super nice of that CM to do that for you. I'm sure they see these kinds of things on a daily basis, unfortunately.

Wow I can't believe how many people have never seen the AK parade!! We usually go to AK at rope drop too and are done by lunchtime. That must be the case for a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
Great update!

So weird that that woman just came up and took your ice cream. I think I would have been speechless!

Thanks Kelly!

I think I was speechless at first. I kind of just stood there and then I looked over at DH (who wasn't in line with us, but still within a short distance and could see what was going on) and said -- DID THAT JUST HAPPEN???
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #101
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hmm...I'm thinking that is a great way to save on snack credits - just pretend I don't speak English at every snack cart and just take everyone else's! Only kidding, of course

I have actually seen the parade at AK once a few years ago, DH doesn't care for it at all and we always seem to ready to leave AK around 2pm, in fact I don't think we have ever done a full day there.

I love your DS's interest in Pochahontas, I seem to remember that exact same one catching my husbands eye last trip!!

My DH doesn't care for the entire AK park. He thinks it's hot and smelly! He could skip it every trip. I have a feeling that is the last time we will see the AK parade for a long time.

Well Pocahontas was a very pretty girl. I guess you can't blame a guy for looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Well Shelly.....DH had his interview yesterday. He said it went well. He was there from 8:30-5:00!!!! With breaks in between but My God!!! That would be to stressful for me.

Unfortunately we don't really know much more than we did before. Very frustrating!

He went to Fulton's Crab House for dinner last night and shopping in DTD. I was so jealous!!! He better have gotten me something GOOD!!! LOL

He'll be home tonight. He's having lunch with the boss today so maybe he'll get some more info. Like the timeframe of when the decision will be made. That would be nice to know.... ya think???!!!!

That is awesome!! Wow that was a LONG interview!! Holy cow!

I sure hope it all works out for him. I bet you are super jealous that he is down there!! I would be!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #102
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

We spend lots of time in AK, but have never seen the parade! I've seen pieces of the parade, but would rather ride while everyone else is watching the parade.

BTW, I'm a mother of four boys, but they are all grown & on their own. It sure was fun with those boys as I'm sure you know!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #103
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We spend lots of time in AK, but have never seen the parade! I've seen pieces of the parade, but would rather ride while everyone else is watching the parade.

BTW, I'm a mother of four boys, but they are all grown & on their own. It sure was fun with those boys as I'm sure you know!

Welcome!

Wow I guess the AK parade is not high on anyone's list!!

Oh yes, life in a house full of boys is always fun and adventurous!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #104
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #105
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!

Thank you!

Rate This Thread