Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #76
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Okay I have an update to Sept plans....

Arriving Friday now. On Saturday M and D will go to the FL game and Belle and I are gonna stay at the resort!! I'm taking her to the castle for an early Breakfast and then we will play at the MK until we get tired then back to the pool or whatever.

That "whatever" probably will include seeing you so your imaginary trip to DL has been cancelled.

Besides-- BTMRR in DL is down now for 10 months. You won't get to ride it and we know how much your DS11 loves it. No reason to go there now.

See---- I made the decision for you on which trip to take. No need to thank me.
Wow you really have been working on the Sept plans haven't you???

I'm so excited that you will be arriving on Friday now!! But DS will be totally bummed if he doesn't get to see Drew!! Hope we can work something out!

Oh, and thanks so much for clearing up the WDW or DL thing. I was stressed about it. So glad you figured it all out.

I had forgotten about BTMRR being closed at DL this year.
Sure wish the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train would be open in MK sooner that 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
You truly are a good friend to Shelly, Jo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Thanks for posting the link to the Epcot music! I loved it! Since I am not a true Disney expert, it wasn't familiar to me. But then listening to it made me remember the feeling of being there.

I would have been mad at Mr. The Rules Don't Apply To Me just as much as you were. There's always one in every crowd. It seem that Disney has several in every crowd these days. And these days you never now how much you should say to those people. You might be talking to a loose cannon.

Yay for getting to ride with your DS on EE! And without having to wait in a long line!

I'm anxious to know how you liked AK on this trip, too. I hope you'll let us know after your next update.

Isn't that the most awesome music ever??? I just love it. It seriously makes you feel like you are right there.

I know, that guy was so rude. I wanted to tell him off so bad, but I just said my peace and moved on. I don't think he was getting it at all.

Riding EE together with no wait was so awesome. And lucky!!

Guess I gave away my AK thoughts already...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #77
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Eh, I do what I can to make life easier for my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Taking pics is annoying enough but right in your face??!!! That is just wrong!

That's awesome how you ended up riding EE together. We LOVE EE!!! Well all but 1. That is the only reason DH will go to AK. I think that's why he loves park hoppers so much lol.
I haven't been on Dinosaur since our first trip. It was to jerky for me. I think I said I was gonna try it again last time but didn't. I think I feel bad that DS15 sits and waits for us I offer to stay behind with him. Oh we'll I'm sure l'll get there eventually.
Oh yeah, most of the ride all I saw was his flash!

I love both EE and Dinosaur! DH thinks Dino is too jerky! I think a lot of people do. I used to be able to ride EE over and over, but not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Thank you for the link to the Epcot music, I could listen to that all day!

Sounds like a fun ride on Everest but not such a fun ride on Dinosaur, thanks to Flashy Guy!

Wonder where you headed next....
You're welcome!

Yeah, Flashy Guy () did kind of ruin Dino for me.

More AK coming up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #78
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Love the link to the Epcot music!

I hope that guy's pictures all turned out blurry

Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
Vasili
Earning My Ears

We got to Disney on 1/1 and stayed until 1/8. Awesome trip.

First one for my wife and ten year old daughter. First for me in twenty years.

My only complaint was poor wifi in our room at the Caribbean Beach hotel. Other than that, it was great. We are considering to join the DVC.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #80
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasili View Post

My only complaint was poor wifi in our room at the Caribbean Beach hotel. Other than that, it was great. We are considering to join the DVC.
Having not been in a long time - how did you find the crowds that time of year? I'm guessing they were less after about 1/3?
Wifi seems spotty in the resorts from what I've heard.

DVC - Best thing we ever did! Wish I could have afforded to do it sooner!! Be sure to consider buying resale as well as direct from Disney. It's cheaper, but limited in some ways.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #81
Vasili
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Having not been in a long time - how did you find the crowds that time of year? I'm guessing they were less after about 1/3?
Wifi seems spotty in the resorts from what I've heard.

DVC - Best thing we ever did! Wish I could have afforded to do it sooner!! Be sure to consider buying resale as well as direct from Disney. It's cheaper, but limited in some ways.
Yep, the first few days were quite crowded. Many lines. After that, it thinned out considerably. From what we heard, the week before was unbearable. The Toy Story line at DHS was up to three hours long. . Glad we missed that. Loved the ride though when we did it on the 7th.

I called the wifi support people and they fixed it for one night. I was told that the wifi modems were planted in every other room (ours didn't have one). The next few days the wifi was inadequate. I called them back but they told me there was no record of my first call. Anyway, that was the only downside of the trip...other than my older sister (60 years old) complaining of all the walking we did.

One day we logged 12 miles according to my wife's "Up" wristband.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #82
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Love the link to the Epcot music!

I hope that guy's pictures all turned out blurry
Isn't it awesome?

I'm pretty sure he got lots of pics of me giving him dirty looks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasili View Post

Welcome to the DIS! So glad to hear you had a nice trip!!

I think Wifi is not the greatest in most or all of the WDW resorts. It has not been great for us at the BC and the Poly. Even by the pools it is spotty.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #83
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

When I left off DS13 and I had just gotten done on EE and we had met up with the rest of the family and were headed to the safari. Wait time was 20 minutes. Not bad!

We hadn't done the safari in several years. It is a bit different now, without Little Red and the whole poaching thing.

After we were done there we headed towards Camp Minnie Mickey. We had some time to kill before we needed to find a spot for Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade, which was the main reason I wanted to go to AK.

So we stopped and looked at the fish for a few minutes.

Got over to Camp Minnie Mickey and most of the character lines were pretty long. Poor Donald had the shortest line, so we hopped in. Waited about 15 minutes or so.

When we were done there we noticed a little line forming for Pocahontas. DS13 was all over that!!

Meanwhile DS11 was making some pin trades!

Continued in next post.....

Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #84
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Camp MM had the cutest little Christmas trees ever!

When we were done there we grabbed some ice cream cones for the kids. And while in line some woman cut right in front of me & the kids and took the cones I had ordered and paid for!! She didn't understand that you ordered at one window and picked up at another. She just went up and the CM asked what she had ordered and she said 2 swirls and he gave her ours! I was trying to tell her and so were some other people, but she apparently didn't speak English either. So then she had to go back to the other window and pay. What a mess. And the service there was so very super slow to begin with!!

But eventually the kids got their cones and all was well with the world again.

Then we headed over and got a spot for the parade and made a few calls home to let everyone know we had made it to Florida and were already off enjoying the parks!

While we were waiting I got a text from WDW saying our room was ready. Room 6315. I thought that sounded somewhat familiar....I texted Jodi to tell her our room number and asked if that was near their room and she said YES RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!!

And pretty soon the parade got started!

Continued in next post.....

Old 01-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #85
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Up Next: Evening at the GF

Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #86
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh my word! That exact same ice cream incident happened to us at Magic Kingdom once. A foreign family started taking ice cream that did not belong to them. It's so rude!

I have never sat and watched the AK parade. It looks really cute Shelly! That Pocahontas is very pretty.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #87
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh my word! That exact same ice cream incident happened to us at Magic Kingdom once. A foreign family started taking ice cream that did not belong to them. It's so rude!

I have never sat and watched the AK parade. It looks really cute Shelly! That Pocahontas is very pretty.

Isn't that crazy??? People were really irritating me at AK that day!

We had seen the AK parade once before. It's pretty nice, but definitely not a must-do each time. We wanted to see it this time since they change it up a bit for Christmas.

Oh yes, DS13 thought Pocahontas was very pretty!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #88
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

To quote Stephanie Tanner......"How RUDE!!" What is it with people? And I just don't know how much you can excuse people for the sole reason that they are foreigners. I think some of them may use that to get away with stuff like that. Do I sound a little cynical?

I've never seen the AK parade either. You got some really good pics! It looked cute, but I agree that it wouldn't be on my list every trip.

Such a cute pic of your DS with Pocahontas! She was very pretty and Pocahontassy.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #89
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
To quote Stephanie Tanner......"How RUDE!!" What is it with people? And I just don't know how much you can excuse people for the sole reason that they are foreigners. I think some of them may use that to get away with stuff like that. Do I sound a little cynical?

I've never seen the AK parade either. You got some really good pics! It looked cute, but I agree that it wouldn't be on my list every trip.

Such a cute pic of your DS with Pocahontas! She was very pretty and Pocahontassy.

Well there's a new word - Pocahontassy!!

I know what you mean, you have to wonder how much of it is a language barrier and how much of it is just plain being rude!! We came across more rude people this trip than ever before I think. People just have no sense of personal space.

Yeah, the parade was cute. But I'm good now for about 5 years.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #90
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

So glad I found your TR! We stayed at GF late August for our first (and last ) time...it was so wonderful! But we got an amazing deal. Can't wait to see more of your room and views and grounds.

I saw you have gone in Nov. before....which week? We are deciding between the middle...week before Thanksgiving...or week after which would actually be the first week of December. Thoughts?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: