Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #61
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Um hum.... I was keeping em all entertained.
Sept plans are going okay. Thinking I need to arrive Friday instead of Saturday now.

Remind me again in Sept when the kids are trying to catch up with school work how I said my kids would do okay if I took them out.

I'm wearing my Laila perfume today and Belle gets off the bus and says MOM you smell like Epcot!!!

Thanks, I can always count on you to keep everyone entertained!!

I think you arriving on Friday is a super idea!

I still haven't figured out my dates or even if we are going to WDW or DL.

Funny, I was just playing my favorite Epcot music! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUuyCkvp3nA
That BTW WASN'T playing in Dec because they were playing Christmas music everywhere instead!!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #62
CleKait
Disney World is my happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Funny, I was just playing my favorite Epcot music! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUuyCkvp3nA
That BTW WASN'T playing in Dec because they were playing Christmas music everywhere instead!!
I play that Epcot music all the time!! I close my eyes and envision myself standing in Future World. : Do you know if they sell soundtracks with it on it?
Pop Century Jan '13
Epcot for the day March '11
Port Orleans Riverside May '08
Wilderness Lodge Feb '03
Off-Site March '97

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #63
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I love the Epcot entrance loop too I think parts of it are on the four parks one world cd.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #64
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleKait View Post
I play that Epcot music all the time!! I close my eyes and envision myself standing in Future World. : Do you know if they sell soundtracks with it on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I love the Epcot entrance loop too I think parts of it are on the four parks one world cd.

That Epcot music is the best!! It took me awhile to find it on Youtube, but I eventually did and now I listen to it all the time. I sure missed it on this trip.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #65
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We had not done AK on our last trip at all. We gave that day up for an off-site trip to LegoLand! And the trip before that only DS13 and I went for a little bit. So it had been awhile since we had spent much time at AK.

The GF was the last stop going to AK. But we had to stop at Blizzard Beach on the way. I'm not sure how long it took to get there, but it was not a quick trip by any means. But eventually we made our way there!

First up was Dinosaur! The wait time said 20 minutes, but I don't think we waited quite that long.

The ride was awesome as always, but check out the dude in front of us in the pic. He had his camera out the entire time and was taking pictures with the FLASH ON!! The entire time. He even was turned around trying to take pics and snapped several right in my face. I kept yelling – NO flash photography!! Plus Dinosaur isn't exactly a ride you can get pics in anyway. Too fast and jerky. What an idiot!

Yeah, that's what he did the whole way through the ride. When we got off the ride and saw that picture I said VERY loudly – look at that guy taking pics and ruining the ride for everyone!! And I looked right at him when I said it. Unfortunately I don't think he spoke any English.

So we moved on....DS13 and I wanted to go ride EE next, so we headed that way and DH & DS11 stayed behind and said they would meet up with us over there in a bit.

On our way to EE...

The stand-by line said 30 minutes. We didn't feel like waiting it out, so we went to the single rider line. There were only a few people waiting in that line and we were onto the ride in less than a few minutes! We ended up on the same train and as we were waiting I noticed I was with a lady who appeared to be by herself. I asked her if she was alone and she said she was and that she had gone through the single rider line as well. Not sure how her and I ended up riding together. DS was going to be a few seats ahead of her and I asked her if she would mind switching with him, and she was happy to! So DS and I had waited about 2-3 minutes and were getting to ride together!!

After our awesome ride DS went through the single rider line and rode again! Unfortunately I can only ride once anymore. It stinks to get old!!

Then we met back up with DH & DS11 and went on a walk, heading towards the Safari. Didn't really see or do much along the way. Just took our time and looked around a bit...

Up Next: Safari, Camp Minnie-Mickey, and Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade

Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #66
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

That Epcot music is the best!! It took me awhile to find it on Youtube, but I eventually did and now I listen to it all the time. I sure missed it on this trip.
I love listening to WDW music on YouTube!!!! Thanks for that.
My DH is leaving for FL tomorrow morning. Even though he's not going to Disney I am so jealous!!! It has been in the 80s there!!!
I'll have some news for you by Tuesday......I hope. I hope it's good news.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #67
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I cannot believe that man taking photos like that on Dinosaur. He looks ridiculous in your ride photo. Grrr!

Our kiddos are alike Shelly. Morghan can ride EE over and over. And we're alike. One ride and done.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #68
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Your AK day sure looks a lot less crowded than my AK day!! Awesome!

I love that pic of y'all in Dinosaur. It actually made me laugh-- it looks like both you and your DH are getting ready to karate chop that guy taking the pictures. Some people are just plain ignorant and selfish.

How wonderful that you got to ride together on EE. That worked out so well!

Did you like AK any better this trip? We are getting to where we actually have a really fun time in that park. Belle loved it this time and even Mark said he enjoyed it more than ever before.

Great update!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #69
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Okay I have an update to Sept plans....

Arriving Friday now. On Saturday M and D will go to the FL game and Belle and I are gonna stay at the resort!! I'm taking her to the castle for an early Breakfast and then we will play at the MK until we get tired then back to the pool or whatever.

That "whatever" probably will include seeing you so your imaginary trip to DL has been cancelled.

Besides-- BTMRR in DL is down now for 10 months. You won't get to ride it and we know how much your DS11 loves it. No reason to go there now.

See---- I made the decision for you on which trip to take. No need to thank me.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

You truly are a good friend to Shelly, Jo!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #71
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the link to the Epcot music! I loved it! Since I am not a true Disney expert, it wasn't familiar to me. But then listening to it made me remember the feeling of being there.

I would have been mad at Mr. The Rules Don't Apply To Me just as much as you were. There's always one in every crowd. It seem that Disney has several in every crowd these days. And these days you never now how much you should say to those people. You might be talking to a loose cannon.

Yay for getting to ride with your DS on EE! And without having to wait in a long line!

I'm anxious to know how you liked AK on this trip, too. I hope you'll let us know after your next update.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #72
JoBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
You truly are a good friend to Shelly, Jo!
Eh, I do what I can to make life easier for my friends.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #73
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Taking pics is annoying enough but right in your face??!!! That is just wrong!

That's awesome how you ended up riding EE together. We LOVE EE!!! Well all but 1. That is the only reason DH will go to AK. I think that's why he loves park hoppers so much lol.
I haven't been on Dinosaur since our first trip. It was to jerky for me. I think I said I was gonna try it again last time but didn't. I think I feel bad that DS15 sits and waits for us I offer to stay behind with him. Oh we'll I'm sure l'll get there eventually.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #74
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the link to the Epcot music, I could listen to that all day!

Sounds like a fun ride on Everest but not such a fun ride on Dinosaur, thanks to Flashy Guy!

Wonder where you headed next....
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #75
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I love listening to WDW music on YouTube!!!! Thanks for that.
My DH is leaving for FL tomorrow morning. Even though he's not going to Disney I am so jealous!!! It has been in the 80s there!!!
I'll have some news for you by Tuesday......I hope. I hope it's good news.
No problem!

Good luck to your DH!! I know, the weather has been great down there lately. I've been watching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I cannot believe that man taking photos like that on Dinosaur. He looks ridiculous in your ride photo. Grrr!

Our kiddos are alike Shelly. Morghan can ride EE over and over. And we're alike. One ride and done.
I know. I was so mad!! What a jerk. I bet he took 30+ pics during the ride.

Oh I know, DS13 could ride EE over and over all day. Not me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Your AK day sure looks a lot less crowded than my AK day!! Awesome!

I love that pic of y'all in Dinosaur. It actually made me laugh-- it looks like both you and your DH are getting ready to karate chop that guy taking the pictures. Some people are just plain ignorant and selfish.

How wonderful that you got to ride together on EE. That worked out so well!

Did you like AK any better this trip? We are getting to where we actually have a really fun time in that park. Belle loved it this time and even Mark said he enjoyed it more than ever before.

Great update!

It really wasn't that crowded. I was worried when you were saying how crowded the parks were, but AK wasn't bad!

I know. I was yelling at that guy and apparently using my hands!!

Yep - EE worked out awesome!

I really didn't love AK this time. I felt that way several trips ago. The following trip after that just DS13 and I went and we had a really good time. Then we didn't go last time at all. So I was looking forward to it this time, but unfortunately didn't love it. I'm pretty sure it will be skipped this summer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: