Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #481
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, I really enjoyed breakfast at Kona - too bad the boys meals were on the small side!

I feel bad for your little guy, feeling like he had to hide b/c of his rash. I noticed his cheeks a little red, but don't see any rash in the pictures.
I wish I was at the Poly now. It looks so warm and relaxing (as it is), and here it's cold and tiring and stressful.

Thankfully I will be leaving here in 12 days (yeah, the ticker's off a bit) to go to somewhere warmer. Hoping for sunshine and at least 65 in Hilton Head!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #482
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPaczki View Post
Hi. The tonga toast looked delicious as usual! Your poor little guy. His cheeks even looked a little red. Its terrible when your kids get something and your away from home.
The Tonga Toast was wonderful!!

The rash was just awful that morning. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Poor DS. You did a pretty good job at taking pictures of him without showing the rash.
I tried not to take any pics too close up. His face and neck were bad, but his back and chest were even worse. So luckily we could cover those areas up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh, I really enjoyed breakfast at Kona - too bad the boys meals were on the small side!

I feel bad for your little guy, feeling like he had to hide b/c of his rash. I noticed his cheeks a little red, but don't see any rash in the pictures.
I wish I was at the Poly now. It looks so warm and relaxing (as it is), and here it's cold and tiring and stressful.

Thankfully I will be leaving here in 12 days (yeah, the ticker's off a bit) to go to somewhere warmer. Hoping for sunshine and at least 65 in Hilton Head!
Yeah, I guess it's time for them to become adults at Kona!!

I have a few pics of his rash on my phone that I had sent to the doctor. It looks really nasty!! I tried to stay back from him when I was taking our vaca pics. I want him to forget all about that awful situation!!

I sure wish I was at the Poly right now too. It is just plain ugly here. Cold and rainy.

Lucky for you, you get to head south very soon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #483
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I've only had tonga toast from capt. Cooks. I've never seen the pink sauce. What is it? Strawberry??
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #484
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I've only had tonga toast from capt. Cooks. I've never seen the pink sauce. What is it? Strawberry??
Yep, it's strawberry compote sauce. It is so good I could drink it!!! Tonga Toast is awesome as it is and the strawberry sauce makes it even better.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #485
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

Yep, it's strawberry compote sauce. It is so good I could drink it!!! Tonga Toast is awesome as it is and the strawberry sauce makes it even better.
Sounds yummy
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #486
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Mmmm. I love Kona for breakfast! And I am with you Shelly, I am not a huge breakfast eater either - but always like to come here.

They have the best coffee on property, and the macadamia pancakes with pineapple sauce is always my choice! Bob always gets the Tonga toast, so I get to have a bite or two - but then that's enough for me.

I have a TERRIBLE story about Kona though, when we were there with our friends after our cruise last May. Seated next to us was a family who didn't speak English very well, and were trying to ask the server for a garbage bag.

There were about 5 - 6 of them at the table, and they ordered 3 meals for them all to split. Halfway through my breakfast, I noticed that the mother had a child laying on her lap under the table. This poor kid looked terrible, and here were the rest of them enjoying their meal and carrying on as if this was totally normal and they didn't have a sick kid laying under the table in a restaurant!

When we went to pay our bill, Bob leaned over to me and told me to leave and he would take care of paying. It was so out of character for him and he said it so matter of factly, that I just got up and didn't ask questions. He later told me that the bag was because the kid was THROWING UP into it under the table 2 feet away from where people were trying to eat their meals.

I can't remember if we told the hostess, but I imagine I HAD to have... I was just so shocked that someone wouldn't just keep that poor kid in the room.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #487
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Tonga Toast is truly the greatest breakfast item in Disney World. It's even better if you put both the strawberry sauce and syrup on it.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #488
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

YUM! Your breakfast looked so good! Makes my bowl of Captain Crunch look like dog food! We ate at Kona on this last trip and we got the same thing as you. We loved it. We thought the juice was wonderful too! I've found one here at home similar to it. It's peach, mango, guava juice and it tastes a lot like theirs. I love it!!

Sorry you were on display while you ate. I hate that too.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #489
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

I always get so happy when I visit your TR! Wow, the Osborne lights look incredible. And the Kona breakfast looks so good! That really doesn't look like much food for the kids. Then again, my DH insists on getting the dining plan (seriously, he thinks he thinks it's the greatest thing ever ) and our DS10 now has to order off the adult's menu. He's so excited and I can't wait until he realizes how much food it really is.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #490
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Mmmm. I love Kona for breakfast! And I am with you Shelly, I am not a huge breakfast eater either - but always like to come here.

They have the best coffee on property, and the macadamia pancakes with pineapple sauce is always my choice! Bob always gets the Tonga toast, so I get to have a bite or two - but then that's enough for me.

I have a TERRIBLE story about Kona though, when we were there with our friends after our cruise last May. Seated next to us was a family who didn't speak English very well, and were trying to ask the server for a garbage bag.

There were about 5 - 6 of them at the table, and they ordered 3 meals for them all to split. Halfway through my breakfast, I noticed that the mother had a child laying on her lap under the table. This poor kid looked terrible, and here were the rest of them enjoying their meal and carrying on as if this was totally normal and they didn't have a sick kid laying under the table in a restaurant!

When we went to pay our bill, Bob leaned over to me and told me to leave and he would take care of paying. It was so out of character for him and he said it so matter of factly, that I just got up and didn't ask questions. He later told me that the bag was because the kid was THROWING UP into it under the table 2 feet away from where people were trying to eat their meals.

I can't remember if we told the hostess, but I imagine I HAD to have... I was just so shocked that someone wouldn't just keep that poor kid in the room.
DH loves those macadamia nut pancakes too! I never try anything but the Tonga Toast!

Wow that is a really terrible story. Guess some people aren't going to let anything get in the way of their vacation fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Tonga Toast is truly the greatest breakfast item in Disney World. It's even better if you put both the strawberry sauce and syrup on it.
Absolutely! But I don't like syrup on mine. I like syrup on regular french toast, but not my tonga toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
YUM! Your breakfast looked so good! Makes my bowl of Captain Crunch look like dog food! We ate at Kona on this last trip and we got the same thing as you. We loved it. We thought the juice was wonderful too! I've found one here at home similar to it. It's peach, mango, guava juice and it tastes a lot like theirs. I love it!!

Sorry you were on display while you ate. I hate that too.
Dog food

I don't like that juice. Not sure what it is but I just don't care for it. Most people love it!

On display!! Yep, that's a good way to describe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
I always get so happy when I visit your TR! Wow, the Osborne lights look incredible. And the Kona breakfast looks so good! That really doesn't look like much food for the kids. Then again, my DH insists on getting the dining plan (seriously, he thinks he thinks it's the greatest thing ever ) and our DS10 now has to order off the adult's menu. He's so excited and I can't wait until he realizes how much food it really is.
Thank you!

Will your DS10 like the adult choices at the TS restaurants? My kids don't yet. They could get adult meals at most CS places because they offer things like chicken nuggets and burgers, etc. But a lot of the TS restaurants adult choices just don't interest my kids. Hopefully soon!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #491
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

ok, I am back..not sure how I lost you! LOL! Will go back through tonight and catch up! LOL!!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #492
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
ok, I am back..not sure how I lost you! LOL! Will go back through tonight and catch up! LOL!!
hey girlie! Long time no see! You have a lot of catching up to do!!

Shelly--- we need us an update tomorrow. m'kay?? I'mma be here all day just, you know, pacing around and looking into at a closet or two I need to clean out and baseboards to scrub.
Please give me an excuse not to start and head full throttle into the weekend being a lazy behind.

'kseeyathanksbye.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #493
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post

YAY Shawna is back!! I'll try to keep it more interesting so you don't lose interest again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
hey girlie! Long time no see! You have a lot of catching up to do!!

Shelly--- we need us an update tomorrow. m'kay?? I'mma be here all day just, you know, pacing around and looking into at a closet or two I need to clean out and baseboards to scrub.
Please give me an excuse not to start and head full throttle into the weekend being a lazy behind.

'kseeyathanksbye.

You can count on me!!! How about a little MK???

Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #494
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thank you!

Will your DS10 like the adult choices at the TS restaurants? My kids don't yet. They could get adult meals at most CS places because they offer things like chicken nuggets and burgers, etc. But a lot of the TS restaurants adult choices just don't interest my kids. Hopefully soon!

I'm not sure how he'll be. He's the most adventurous of the bunch, so I'm not really too worried. I think most of the restaurants we've picked out have steak or some simple seafood, so hopefully he's okay. DS7, though, I dread when that kid has to order off the adult menu. He's so stinking picky! If it's not chicken nuggets or spaghetti, he acts like we're trying to starve him.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #495
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
I'm not sure how he'll be. He's the most adventurous of the bunch, so I'm not really too worried. I think most of the restaurants we've picked out have steak or some simple seafood, so hopefully he's okay. DS7, though, I dread when that kid has to order off the adult menu. He's so stinking picky! If it's not chicken nuggets or spaghetti, he acts like we're trying to starve him.

Yeah, that is what I am dealing with!! Only it's both of mine.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: