Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #166
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I can imagine the kids had fun being on their own for a while!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #167
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Rinky, I just wanted to say that it's so good to "see" you on the Disboards again! We miss you!
You are too sweet! I have missed everyone here so much too! I have just had WAY too much on my plate. I will no longer be keeping kids anymore as of next month though and I think that's going to be a big help to me. I'll be broke, but happy. I sure hope I can get back into the swing of things around here. I can't believe they haven't closed my TR yet. Maybe that's my sign that I need to get my fanny over there and finish it!

I hope you and your family have been doing well! I think about all of you guys so often!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #168
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
You are too sweet! I have missed everyone here so much too! I have just had WAY too much on my plate. I will no longer be keeping kids anymore as of next month though and I think that's going to be a big help to me. I'll be broke, but happy. I sure hope I can get back into the swing of things around here. I can't believe they haven't closed my TR yet. Maybe that's my sign that I need to get my fanny over there and finish it!

I hope you and your family have been doing well! I think about all of you guys so often!
Given how things with the last little girl you kept went, I can see why you'd want to stop keeping kids. Sometimes, broke and happy is a lot better than rich and miserable.

Heck yeah, you need to get back to your trip report and start posting again. I'd love to see you again.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #169
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
The GF is so pretty at Christmas! I love that gingerbread house.

That delivery service is a nice little tip to know! Thanks for sharing that. I am writing that one down for sure. I'm glad they could fix you up! I forgot my curling iron on our last trip. I just did the best I could without it. After I got home and saw all the pictures.... let's just say, I should've used that delivery service!
The gingerbread house is awesome!

Yes, definitely write that down. You never know!!

OMG with the humidity and dense fog on this trip I needed to keep curling my bangs every chance I got to keep them up out of my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
I'm in and all caught up!! Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Welcome! Lots more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Rinky, I just wanted to say that it's so good to "see" you on the Disboards again! We miss you!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #170
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I can imagine the kids had fun being on their own for a while!
Well when you are a pre-teen & a teenager it's always more fun when mom & dad aren't around apparently!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #171
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelly! Sorry I've been absent. I've had a lot of stuff on my mind recently and just haven't gotten around to posting.

I love this update! You and Jodi have such precious children. (I'm glad you got at least one unobstructed pic of Belle! ) How fun for them to have friends who live many states away........and then get to meet up a couple of times a year at the happiest place on earth! You can tell they were having a blast being on their own to explore without the parents! Especially for the non-teenagers - getting to hang with the big kids!

Too bad the fog changed up your and Jodi's plans. At least y'all got to spend some time without the kids (hey, it works both ways! ) And by the way, y'all look like you could be teenagers yourselves!

That is too funny about the curling iron. Well, I don't mean it's funny your curling iron broke. What I meant was that when you talked about how that phone number would come in handy later in the trip, I assumed you meant it would be for medicine for your DS's rash! Of course, a curling iron (or blow dryer for me - good thing they have those in the rooms!) is not something you can do without on vacation. I would spend double for one to be delivered to me, too! Money well spent!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #172
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Charleston girl, born and raised and then left when Mark and I got married and haven't lived there since.

If you decide to stop in, just let me know and I'll try to help you out. Will you go to the Biltmore in Asheville?? Haven't been there in ages but it's wonderful.

Oh yes-- my MC is heading to college in the Fall. She is all and I'm all

I come from a long line of parent puller out-ers for the kids school. Growing up my mom sometimes would wake me up and say- instead of going to school let's just go to Myrtle Beach. It happened a lot actually. One year I missed 40-ish days of school.

Still managed to graduate and become a nurse so I suppose it didn't hurt me any.
So yeah--- I pull my kids out for trips often.
HI! I've been lurking here, but I just have to say YAY to parents who take their kids out of school!! We do too.....but this will probably be the last time we do it as our oldest DS will start highschool in 2014. BUT ...since this is our last trip - we decided to stay the one place we always wanted to stay...the POLY! I notice you are going around the same time...we check in on the 18th. When do you check in and is it at the Poly?

Also - Charleston is AWESOME! I have relatives that live on James Island. It's so beautiful down there!!

-Heather

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 01-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #173
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Well when you are a pre-teen & a teenager it's always more fun when mom & dad aren't around apparently!!
They sorta hurt my feelings.

I mean, I think we're pretty fabulous, but maybe I'm biased?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #174
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Hi Shelly! Sorry I've been absent. I've had a lot of stuff on my mind recently and just haven't gotten around to posting.

I love this update! You and Jodi have such precious children. (I'm glad you got at least one unobstructed pic of Belle! ) How fun for them to have friends who live many states away........and then get to meet up a couple of times a year at the happiest place on earth! You can tell they were having a blast being on their own to explore without the parents! Especially for the non-teenagers - getting to hang with the big kids!

Too bad the fog changed up your and Jodi's plans. At least y'all got to spend some time without the kids (hey, it works both ways! ) And by the way, y'all look like you could be teenagers yourselves!

That is too funny about the curling iron. Well, I don't mean it's funny your curling iron broke. What I meant was that when you talked about how that phone number would come in handy later in the trip, I assumed you meant it would be for medicine for your DS's rash! Of course, a curling iron (or blow dryer for me - good thing they have those in the rooms!) is not something you can do without on vacation. I would spend double for one to be delivered to me, too! Money well spent!
Hey T! I know I'm not Shelly, but I was wondering where ya been. Hope you are okay.

That's so kind of you to say our kids are precious! They are getting big and stinky now, so I truly appreciate it when someone says mine are .... precious.

And yes- Belle-- what the heck? I know she's shy but seriously? Hiding behind a bagel?????
And meanwhile Drew has his "I'm a handsome actor" pose going on.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #175
JoBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
HI! I've been lurking here, but I just have to say YAY to parents who take their kids out of school!! We do too.....but this will probably be the last time we do it as our oldest DS will start highschool in 2014. BUT ...since this is our last trip - we decided to stay the one place we always wanted to stay...the POLY! I notice you are going around the same time...we check in on the 18th. When do you check in and is it at the Poly?

Also - Charleston is AWESOME! I have relatives that live on James Island. It's so beautiful down there!!

-Heather
HI!!

Yay for a trip in September!

Looks like we are a couple of weeks apart-- We check in on August 30, and we are staying at the Grand again. We have stayed at the Poly before and really loved our visit there. We were in Fiji-- marina side, 3rd floor and it was a perfect location for us. We could see the boats, the volcano, the Contemporary, and Space Mountain! As good as it was, I truly think the whole Polynesian resort is wonderful and you will have a great time there. But be warned--- it won't be your "Last time".

James Island---- awwww. I miss my home.

What part of PA are you from? We lived there for a bit- near PGH.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #176
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I love being at Disney with friends! So fun!!

That's great that the kids got to hang out w/ out parents and better yet... You were kid free for a while.

To bad the fog ruined your plans.

And there's no safer place for the kids to hang out in my opinion.

Even when DS15 wants to stay at the room or go on a ride by himself, I feel more comfortable at WDW.

On a side note I got flights last night for FL for Feb. vacation. DH and I are going down for a few days to look at condos. I am so excited, I've never been in Feb. it will be a great break from the frigid temps we've been having. I need warmth!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #177
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post

Teri -- where have you been??? I was about to PM you. Just to check on you. Not the usual stuff.

Hope all is well.

Oh my goodness. Well thanks for saying our kids are precious! That is very nice of you. But perhaps you should meet them before you say such a thing! No really, I happen to think they are precious too. Sometimes!

I know, who would have thought I would have needed the pharmacy number for a curling iron??? But yes, I got totally ripped off, but it was worth it for the convenience! If I would have had to get a cab it would have cost me a fortune and wasted my vacation time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post

-Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
They sorta hurt my feelings.

I mean, I think we're pretty fabulous, but maybe I'm biased?

I know, right?!! I happen to think we are the most awesome and coolest mom's ever. Who wouldn't want to be seen with us?!! Dang kids!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #178
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I love being at Disney with friends! So fun!!

That's great that the kids got to hang out w/ out parents and better yet... You were kid free for a while.

To bad the fog ruined your plans.

And there's no safer place for the kids to hang out in my opinion.

Even when DS15 wants to stay at the room or go on a ride by himself, I feel more comfortable at WDW.

On a side note I got flights last night for FL for Feb. vacation. DH and I are going down for a few days to look at condos. I am so excited, I've never been in Feb. it will be a great break from the frigid temps we've been having. I need warmth!!!!

I know, it is the best!

Yeah, I know what you mean. We felt totally safe letting the kids roam the resort. And they really loved their parent free time!

Well that will sure be nice to get away from this nasty cold and go to Florida next month! Will you take the kids? Will you make it to WDW at all? Maybe DTD?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #179
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Wow, I have missed a lot over the past few days! I have been super busy with work, and we had a party at our house for the Patriots game on Sunday, so I've been swamped! Sorry Shelly!

Off to read now!!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #180
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Just found your report aqnd looking forward to what you say about the time of year as we are going Dec 7-14,2013. I have read your other Tr and I feel like I have watched your boys growing up. Love the tree picture

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: