Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #151
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Besides, I need you to remind me what all we did that morning. I'm having trouble with my memory in my old age.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #152
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I didn't mean to guilt everyone into posting!! I just figured everyone was busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm not the super chatty type, but I'm reading. And I don't like breaks, unless I'm on vacation/sick and can't come on the Dis. I'm home and healthy now, so carry on.

Okay, I shall carry on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Chocolate covered strawberries over here please!

Great pics of the GF and the lounge, the food looks great. I know you prefer the Poly overall, but how did the club level offerings compare? We loved the food in the lounge at the Poly when we were there in October.
The CL offerings were pretty comparable really. I think we preferred the Poly's evening appetizers, but the GF had some better snack items - like the chocolate covered strawberries and sugar cookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm still here Shelly. I had a computer virus last week which shut me down for a couple of days. Sorry I haven't been posting but I have been reading along. Just thought that I'd let you know.
Hi Lisa! Glad you're still here. Sorry about your computer.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #153
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
But, But, But...... I'm here. As long as you have one reader it's good.

Right????

Sniff.

I know you're still here, but you already know what happens next!!

Quote:
Besides, I need you to remind me what all we did that morning. I'm having trouble with my memory in my old age.

Okay, so maybe you don't know what happens next!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #154
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I'm here too!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #155
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Hey Shelly! Remember me? It has been nagging at me for weeks now that I've been out of touch with you and I just had to come on here and find out what you've been up to. This is the first time I've even been on the DIS in weeks. I sure have missed it though. There's so many good people on here that I don't get to talk to much anymore.

I was so excited to see that I hadn't missed out on your Christmas TR though! I had really wanted to read about your GF stay! I just read all of what you've posted so far and it looks great! I've never really thought that I would want to stay there, but it is really growing on me. I loved the room you got and especially the balcony!! Sweet!

I hope I'll have time to keep up and read along with you. I'd love to see what the rest of your trip was like!

I know you already have another trip in the works... when are you planning to go next?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #156
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I'm here too!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Hey Shelly! Remember me? It has been nagging at me for weeks now that I've been out of touch with you and I just had to come on here and find out what you've been up to. This is the first time I've even been on the DIS in weeks. I sure have missed it though. There's so many good people on here that I don't get to talk to much anymore.

I was so excited to see that I hadn't missed out on your Christmas TR though! I had really wanted to read about your GF stay! I just read all of what you've posted so far and it looks great! I've never really thought that I would want to stay there, but it is really growing on me. I loved the room you got and especially the balcony!! Sweet!

I hope I'll have time to keep up and read along with you. I'd love to see what the rest of your trip was like!

I know you already have another trip in the works... when are you planning to go next?

Oh my goodness!! Hi stranger! How have you been? I have thought of you often, but it seemed like you were pretty busy with your new job since I hadn't seen any updates on your TR. So I decided not to bother you.

Yes, we were very lucky and got a great room at the GF, away from the construction. Here is the link to my complete GF (and Poly) review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035236

Yes the next trip is being planned as we speak!! At the end of August. I got a great deal on the YC and we are also going to do 2 nights at the beach. Just not sure where yet...

I hope your new job is going well. But I hope that you will have more time for the DIS too!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #157
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – Monday December 10th

After a long night of very little sleep I decided to give it up and got up around 7:30. I started getting ready and then got a text from Jodi that she would be ready soon and we would meet in the lounge. My kids and her kids started texting back and forth and then met up out on the balconies and made some plans to go exploring! Pretty soon they all met up in the lounge for breakfast and then Jodi tested me that she was down there as well.

So I headed out and took a look down from the elevator and there they all were!

As soon as I got down there they were headed out. They all thought they were so grown up, going out without any adults! We figured they were safe, there were 4 of them, plus Jodi's older DD was out and about keeping an eye on them too. And Jodi and I were going out walking. And the DH's were heading over to the gym.

Jodi and I walked up to the boat dock. The original plan was to watch/listen to the opening show at MK. But it was so foggy and wet that our plan didn't really come to reality. We stood out there and listened anyway. Couldn't sit, everything was wet. Couldn't see, the fog was way too thick. We walked back towards the marina and ran into my DH and he took a pic for us!

Meanwhile the kids had been off on a little adventure of their own. Having tons of fun!!

Eventually Jodi and I wandered back into the lounge and decided to grab some breakfast. She had a bowl of fruit and I had a cinnamon roll and a few pieces of pineapple.

And guess who we see in there having their 2nd breakfast??? The kids!! We were snapping a few pics of them, so they thought it would be funny to come over and start taking pics of us! All 3 boys were taking pics! We felt like celebrities!!

We were all planning to go to Epcot that day for a little bit. Jodi and family were meeting up with her in-laws, who had just gotten in the night before and they were having lunch at LC. We had no real plans for the day at Epcot, no ADR's or anything. Just hoping to ride the new TT and stay for a few hours or so. Our full Epcot day was planned for later in the week. So Jodi and I decided to head back up to our rooms and freshen up before finding our DH's and kids and heading out for the day. The fog was so thick that morning that it already looked like I had just crawled out of bed and did nothing with my hair. I usually don't look that bad until later in the day at WDW!

So I get to my room and DH had just gotten back from the gym. I plug in my curling iron and it's one of the ones that heat up in 30 seconds and I start to attempt to fix my hair and I hear a little poof! I look down and my curling iron has stopped working. Yeah, day 2 into the trip. DH looks at it and tries to fix it, but it's too far gone. Great.

So he gets cleaned up and we head to the main building, in search of a curling iron. Knowing full well that it's not very likely that we are going to find one.

We walk into the lobby and this is what we see!

Apparently the kids had been in line for the gingerbread house before it even opened and had gotten some goodies already!

The kids didn't seem like they wanted bothered with adults, so we left them to their business!

DH and I searched the GF for a curling iron. The salon was closed. We finally asked at the one gift shop and they said they didn't think we could get one there at all and gave us a business card of a drug store that delivered to the WDW resorts. They said to try them because they would deliver anything they had in their store. And wouldn't you know it – it was the same place that we had written down the day before in-case we ended up needing meds for the kids – Turner Drugs. So we gave them a call and they had a curling iron and could deliver it this afternoon. I think the curling iron was about $9 and delivery was about $11. So for around $20 I could have something to use for the week.

Continued in next post....

Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #158
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We walked around on the second level of the GF and looked down to the lobby. We could see that the kids were still enjoying their time together!

We popped into Mizner's to see what they had to offer since Gasparilla's was closed at the time.

Not sure exactly what time it was, but they weren't busy at all!

We walked out on the balcony and took a few pics looking at the GF DVC construction.

DH wanted a pic of me, so I go over to stand by the railing by myself and some lady walking by asked if we wanted a pic together, so we ended up with this!

We went back downstairs and gave our credit card number to the front desk, to pay for the drug store delivery we would be getting later. We walked over to the kids and Jodi & family had just left, so we grabbed our kids and headed to the monorail, to go to Epcot.....But just where would we actually end up?

Up Next: ???

Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #159
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Oh my gosh THE FOG!!!

Remember that movie when we were, *ahem*, teenagers by that same name? The Fog would come rolling in and people would wind up missing or dead?

Yeah, the fog that morning was just as intense. Minus the dead bodies of course.

I don't remember ever seeing it that bad anywhere! It was weird -- we could hear the train whistle, hear the music......... and see nothing past a few feet into the lagoon. Our plans! Our wonderful peaceful plans that were months in the making were dashed.

Well at least the kids had a blast. They were running around the resort like they owned it. So fun for them. And the dang paparazzi pics-- it was too much. So funny!!

I can't believe your curling iron was zapped. Thank goodness you were able to get one from the drug store! What a handy phone # to keep close.

For some reason I guess the electricity on that breaker box was messed up bc later that night- when we got caught in the deluge in Epcot- our shoes were soaked and Tuesday morning I took both of our hairdryers out and had them jammed into Belle's shoes to dry them out-- and POOF!! The circuit blew and we had no electricity in the bathroom. My apologies to anyone that may have had an issue that morning. We called immediately to have it fixed, though-- please don't be mad!

Great update! Even if we were sticky and our hair was messy!! It was fun re-living our time togther that morning.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #160
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! That was quite some heavy fog that morning.

You can tell from the pictures that the kids were enjoying being together and the freedom that came with there being safety in numbers.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #161
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

How cute are all those kiddos hanging out together! How fun for them and how nice for their parents. They all look like great kids!

I cannot believe the curling iron just died. Ugh! What a pain Shelly! But I'm so glad that you had an alternative. I'd be the same way if my flat iron died. My hair would be a hot mess!

Great update! I love all the photos!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #162
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my gosh THE FOG!!!

Remember that movie when we were, *ahem*, teenagers by that same name? The Fog would come rolling in and people would wind up missing or dead?

Yeah, the fog that morning was just as intense. Minus the dead bodies of course.

I don't remember ever seeing it that bad anywhere! It was weird -- we could hear the train whistle, hear the music......... and see nothing past a few feet into the lagoon. Our plans! Our wonderful peaceful plans that were months in the making were dashed.

Well at least the kids had a blast. They were running around the resort like they owned it. So fun for them. And the dang paparazzi pics-- it was too much. So funny!!

I can't believe your curling iron was zapped. Thank goodness you were able to get one from the drug store! What a handy phone # to keep close.

For some reason I guess the electricity on that breaker box was messed up bc later that night- when we got caught in the deluge in Epcot- our shoes were soaked and Tuesday morning I took both of our hairdryers out and had them jammed into Belle's shoes to dry them out-- and POOF!! The circuit blew and we had no electricity in the bathroom. My apologies to anyone that may have had an issue that morning. We called immediately to have it fixed, though-- please don't be mad!

Great update! Even if we were sticky and our hair was messy!! It was fun re-living our time togther that morning.

I should have taken a picture of that nasty fog from the boat dock! That was crazy. But yes, at least there were no dead bodies!!

It was still a fun morning. Not quite what we had planned, but I'm still glad we had the time!

And the kids had an absolute blast! They felt so grown up. And yes, acted like they owned the place!

OMG I can't believe the circuit blew from your hairdryers. I never lost power to my bathroom when my curling iron blew, but I did have to press the little button thingy to get power back to that outlet. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! That was quite some heavy fog that morning.

You can tell from the pictures that the kids were enjoying being together and the freedom that came with there being safety in numbers.
The fog was crazy!!

Oh yes, the kids had the best time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
How cute are all those kiddos hanging out together! How fun for them and how nice for their parents. They all look like great kids!

I cannot believe the curling iron just died. Ugh! What a pain Shelly! But I'm so glad that you had an alternative. I'd be the same way if my flat iron died. My hair would be a hot mess!

Great update! I love all the photos!

Thanks Kelli! Yes, the kids all get along so well. I think they all feel like they've known each other forever!

Yeah, it was a really good curling iron too. Wait till you see the cheap thing the drug store sent over!! But I still had my flat iron and my steam rollers, so it was all okay. Just inconvenient!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #163
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

The GF is so pretty at Christmas! I love that gingerbread house.

That delivery service is a nice little tip to know! Thanks for sharing that. I am writing that one down for sure. I'm glad they could fix you up! I forgot my curling iron on our last trip. I just did the best I could without it. After I got home and saw all the pictures.... let's just say, I should've used that delivery service!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #164
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

I'm in and all caught up!! Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #165
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
The GF is so pretty at Christmas! I love that gingerbread house.

That delivery service is a nice little tip to know! Thanks for sharing that. I am writing that one down for sure. I'm glad they could fix you up! I forgot my curling iron on our last trip. I just did the best I could without it. After I got home and saw all the pictures.... let's just say, I should've used that delivery service!
Rinky, I just wanted to say that it's so good to "see" you on the Disboards again! We miss you!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: