Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #136
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

When we were done checking things out in the lobby we went out to take a look at the beach pool. On the way we passed by the new Alice in Wonderland water play area. It looked nice and like a lot of fun, but I'm just not sure it fits in at the GF.

There wasn't too much going on there or at the beach pool. Although it had been a very warm day, as soon as the sun went down it cooled off fast.

We thought about grabbing something to eat from the pool bar since we really hadn't had a full meal all day, but we just didn't really see anything that grabbed us and we really weren't that hungry. We were just all getting very tired.

We walked back past the main building and over to the marina side of the Sugarloaf building.

That is our room, third floor directly over the awning with the lights on.

Then we walked out by the boat dock.

At this point we were all getting very tired. Remember, we had been up since 3:30am. So we headed back to the room. They had already been in for turndown service.

The kids watched a little TV and I started to get a few things ready for the next day. Then we headed down to the lounge for the evening service, Sugarloaf CL Offerings, Cordials and Desserts (served 8-10pm). ~

Everything was very good and we were all full and ready to go to bed. I texted Jodi that we weren't going to make it up to see them when they got back from MVMCP that night because we were going to bed! We made plans to meet up in the morning. Then we were off to bed. Unfortunately where our room was, with the door overlooking the lounge, we got a lot of noise through the night. Plus the refrigerator ran on and off all night and it was very loud. Can't really say that we got much sleep there.

Up Next: Day 2 and a morning meet up with Jodi and family!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #137
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I would have been exhausted by that point. It is such a pretty resort. We loved staying there.

Can't wait to hear about your first day.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #138
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I would have been exhausted by that point. It is such a pretty resort. We loved staying there.

Can't wait to hear about your first day.

We were so tired!! I don't know how we made it up that late! But we sure didn't want to miss anything, so we were taking our time to explore every inch of the resort.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #139
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I can't believe you stayed up that long after getting up so early (and I KNOW you didn't sleep the night before the trip!).

The Alice in Wonderland area is not my favorite. Agree it doesn't belong there. Very out of place.

And that water in the Beach Pool looks cold to me!

Looks like someone hit the chocolate covered strawberries really hard. The fruit there is always so good- I eat a ton of it. Really nice to have after being in the parks and needing just a bit of something not too heavy before bed.

I hate that your fridge ran all night. I never heard ours at all. And I didn't hear too much commotion down below- I think I was just so tired that I fell asleep hard as soon as my head hit the pillow and was out for the count.

Fun update--
I can't wait to see what we do the next morning.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #140
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
I can't believe you stayed up that long after getting up so early (and I KNOW you didn't sleep the night before the trip!).

Adrenalin I guess!!

The Alice in Wonderland area is not my favorite. Agree it doesn't belong there. Very out of place.

And that water in the Beach Pool looks cold to me!

It was actually not too bad. At least that's what DS11 said when he stuck his toe in!

Looks like someone hit the chocolate covered strawberries really hard. The fruit there is always so good- I eat a ton of it. Really nice to have after being in the parks and needing just a bit of something not too heavy before bed.

That was actually before I got to the chocolate covered strawberries! Luckily they did refill them very quickly when they ran out!

I hate that your fridge ran all night. I never heard ours at all. And I didn't hear too much commotion down below- I think I was just so tired that I fell asleep hard as soon as my head hit the pillow and was out for the count.

Fun update--
I can't wait to see what we do the next morning.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #141
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

The GF is just so pretty! More great updates!

Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #142
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
The GF is just so pretty! More great updates!

It is!

Thank you!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #143
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Those chocolate covered strawberries look DELISH....and popular!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #144
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Those chocolate covered strawberries look DELISH....and popular!

They were very good!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #145
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Well alrighty then, I was wondering if I could read about what we did that morning but looks like I will have to wait till later.

Guess I'd better go eat since I haven't done that in the last few minutes.
Wish I had some of those strawberries---- the are SOOOOOO good.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #146
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Well alrighty then, I was wondering if I could read about what we did that morning but looks like I will have to wait till later.

Guess I'd better go eat since I haven't done that in the last few minutes.
Wish I had some of those strawberries---- the are SOOOOOO good.

I thought I'd take a break since it appears that not too many are reading anyway...

I wish I had those chocolate covered strawberries too!!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #147
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm not the super chatty type, but I'm reading. And I don't like breaks, unless I'm on vacation/sick and can't come on the Dis. I'm home and healthy now, so carry on.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #148
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Chocolate covered strawberries over here please!

Great pics of the GF and the lounge, the food looks great. I know you prefer the Poly overall, but how did the club level offerings compare? We loved the food in the lounge at the Poly when we were there in October.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #149
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm still here Shelly. I had a computer virus last week which shut me down for a couple of days. Sorry I haven't been posting but I have been reading along. Just thought that I'd let you know.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #150
JoBird

But, But, But...... I'm here. As long as you have one reader it's good.

Right????

Sniff.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: