Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Here Now observations

Just some random observations after one day in the parks.
We are at Pop.
1. TIW holders get a20% discount on the rapid refill mugs in the food court.
2. Everything at MK and Epcot was pretty much walk-on, didn't really need fast pass.
3. Preordered tickets for the Halloween Party with our annual pass discount. Went to guest services to pick them up and the system showed them as mailed. CM got a manager; the system had attached them to our magic bands along with our annual passes. He had to take them off the magic bands and issue hard tickets (RFID not paper tickets like last year). He said that even though the system will permit stacking tickets on the bands in the future' it is not currently capable of reading it. So, just a heads up in case you run into the same problem.
4. Tried the paper fast pass route using an annual pass and room key along with the advanced fast pass plus and got fast passes on all. Didn't use them though since it was walk on anyway.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
jamieluvsdisney
jamieluvsdisney

Thank you for your update. Good to know as we are leaving late tonight and can't wait to begin our time at disney. Hope it stay that way!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Also here now and at Pop...
DHS was mostly a walk on for all rides as well... TSMM FPs were still available Wednesday at 2pm. Star Tours was 10-15 mins all day...
Also tried pulling FPs with random room keys (not park tix) and was able... but did not need them and gave some away...
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus4u View Post
Just some random observations after one day in the parks.
We are at Pop.
1. TIW holders get a20% discount on the rapid refill mugs in the food court.
2. Everything at MK and Epcot was pretty much walk-on, didn't really need fast pass.
3. Preordered tickets for the Halloween Party with our annual pass discount. Went to guest services to pick them up and the system showed them as mailed. CM got a manager; the system had attached them to our magic bands along with our annual passes. He had to take them off the magic bands and issue hard tickets (RFID not paper tickets like last year). He said that even though the system will permit stacking tickets on the bands in the future' it is not currently capable of reading it. So, just a heads up in case you run into the same problem.
4. Tried the paper fast pass route using an annual pass and room key along with the advanced fast pass plus and got fast passes on all. Didn't use them though since it was walk on anyway.
Sounds like a great time to be there. We were there in late late August and the crowds were very manageable, but I like the "walk on" rides better. We didn't have bands so used the paper fast passes and they worked out very well for us. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes the entire week for a ride, although the normal ones were longer without FP. Have a fun time!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I have my Christmas party tickets linked to my Disney Experience. Do you think I should unlink them? Is that going to cause a problem with my regular tickets???
Old 09-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Ok, so I have my Christmas party tickets linked to my Disney Experience. Do you think I should unlink them? Is that going to cause a problem with my regular tickets???
No.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
ejcraft
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
just got back and what I was told was the MB has no way to prioritize the tickets, so if you put a 5 day MYW and a party ticket on you band and were not planning on using one of your days on party day and then went into the party a few minutes before party time, if would pull your 1 day and not the party ticket, thus gaining entry on you MYW ticket and not the party ticket, then say 2 days later when you thought you still had one day left you would because it used it and not the party ticket,
Old 09-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear about the TIW discount on mugs because I think the new price is outrageous and probably wouldn't have bought one.
Maybe now I will...

Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Just FYI, ymmv on #1. We have had CMs discount the mugs and others inform us that the discount was good on food/drink and the mug was a different "category." She verified with a manager as well. Unless I'm misunderstanding and this is an official policy change?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
tiggore91
Tiggore91

We arrive a week from today at Pop. Do the refrigerators work?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: