Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
CC&M
Mouseketeer

Transportation Issues...need help!

We booked out 7-night cruise through Costco to take advantage of the Costco card rebates. We then decided to book a room at WDW for 3 nights prior to our cruise, and one night after we return from the cruise. We did this through DVC. We have DME to get us from the airport to our resort, and back to the airport after our last night at WDW. Our problem is getting to/from between the cruise port and our WDW resort. Costco Travel is telling me that they can't book it for us since they didn't book our room at WDW; DVC is telling me that they can't book it for us since we didn't book our cruise through Disney...

Has anybody else run into this? Does anyone have any suggestions for an outside transportation option? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
CC&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Costco holds the cruise reservation so they are the ones that would book cruise transportation if you want DCL transportation. I can't see that it matters who booked the hotel room. Costco seems to want to either split hairs, or wants you to book the room with them before they would book cruise transportation.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

DCL transfers are part of the cruise reservation--thus, they are Costco's problem.

We have often done a DVC stay at WDW and a cruise booked on cash thru a TA. The TA always books the transfers if we want to use them.

Other thoughts--you can add transfers late, even as late as arrival at MCO when you fly in and want to use them to get to the port. I believe you can add them at a WDW resort thru the concierge desk. I KNOW you can buy return transfers at the Guest Services desk on the ship.

Other alternatives would be to rent a car one way (pick up at a hotel near Downtown Disney and drop off in Cape Canaveral) or arrange a private shuttle/limo service.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
CC&M
Mouseketeer

I know, but since we didn't book our resort reservation through them, she said that they can't book transportation from "no where" in their system (because they don't have our room reservation information) to the cruise port and back.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
CC&M
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
DCL transfers are part of the cruise reservation--thus, they are Costco's problem.

We have often done a DVC stay at WDW and a cruise booked on cash thru a TA. The TA always books the transfers if we want to use them.

Other thoughts--you can add transfers late, even as late as arrival at MCO when you fly in and want to use them to get to the port. I believe you can add them at a WDW resort thru the concierge desk. I KNOW you can buy return transfers at the Guest Services desk on the ship.

Other alternatives would be to rent a car one way (pick up at a hotel near Downtown Disney and drop off in Cape Canaveral) or arrange a private shuttle/limo service.

Thanks for this info...I'll look into adding the transfers at a later time. Any suggestions for a shuttle service for 5?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC&M View Post
I know, but since we didn't book our resort reservation through them, she said that they can't book transportation from "no where" in their system (because they don't have our room reservation information) to the cruise port and back.
They do not need your room reservatin infomation to book DCL transfers as part of the cruise reservation. They just indicate it will be roundtrip between WDW resort and the port. You provide details during your online check-in. When we reserved our last transfers we hadn't yet make the resort reservation but DCL had no problem adding the transfer to our cruise reservation and we provided details during online check-in (we did our own cruise booking). Costco is getting testy - they "own" your cruise reservation and therefore they need to add the the transfers. You could probably have them add MCO/Port transfers and correct that yourself during online check-in.

However, you mentioned 5 people and that will be somewhat pricey for DCL transfers. You can look into a limo service or a 1-way car rental (a shuttle will pick you up at your WDW resort and there is shuttle from the rental place in Cocoa Beach near the port).

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC&M View Post
That sounds ridiculous! All they have to do is tell DCL where you're being picked up from and where you want to go back to!

Have you tried calling DCL to add just the transfers? May not work since Cosco holds the reservation, but worth a try.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

For 5 people, it will be cheaper to use private transportation. FL tours, Happy Limo, RJ's, etc. all have good reputations. Cost will depend on size of vehicle/amount of luggage. Check out their web sites or call.

And Costco is WRONG.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: