Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
We resolved the problem.

Wife called this morning to ask about the baby. She was in another room, and I couldn't hear what was being said. She came into the living room after finishing the call, where I was doing some finance homework, and told me the baby won't be a problem, and we won't have to sneak her. I said "good, so they will let 5 of us in a standard room?" She said "Not at the values, but they do at yacht club, where I booked it!"

The finance student in me is bending over sick to his stomach at the extra cost, but the Disney nerd in me is doing cartwheels for staying in a Deluxe resort for the first time
That's hilarious! You'll enjoy the extra space and the location. The real problem now is that it will be hard to go back to a value or a moderate resort. (They should have been able to put you in a standard value room, too, but you're staying at the Yacht Club.)

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
We resolved the problem.

Wife called this morning to ask about the baby. She was in another room, and I couldn't hear what was being said. She came into the living room after finishing the call, where I was doing some finance homework, and told me the baby won't be a problem, and we won't have to sneak her. I said "good, so they will let 5 of us in a standard room?" She said "Not at the values, but they do at yacht club, where I booked it!"

The finance student in me is bending over sick to his stomach at the extra cost, but the Disney nerd in me is doing cartwheels for staying in a Deluxe resort for the first time
As stated by PP's, you can stay in a value or moderate as a family of four, until the last child turns 3. That CM gave you incorrect information.

If there are two infants under the age of three, only one will count towards occupancy per fire codes. It is assumed in the code that the 6 month old will be carried by one adult and the other adult will take the 20 month old and the 3 year old - the adult with the 6th month old is not considered taking up room in the fire corridor during exiting. The second adult would because most likely she would be carrying the 20 month old on her hip and guiding the younger child in the corridor, thus taking up the room of three people.
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
We resolved the problem.

She got bad info. As long as one is under the age of three, you are a family of four plus one under the age of three. You book the four of you and call to add the infant. You should be fine in any hotel room that sleeps four. Save the money if you don't really want to spend it on the Yacht Club.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

One child under age 3 will not count toward room occupancy (they will not extend that to two children - only one child.)

They will let you into a room with a capacity of 4 since one of the infants will not count toward room capacity. The cast member who told you otherwise was in error.

Once all your kids are 3 and older, you will need to find rooms with a capacity of 5 or more.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

We stayed at All Star Movies with myself, my 2 daughters, my niece and my twins (age 10 months) with no problems. That was 6 of us .. but the babies didn't count ..

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #21
tripleup05
Mouseketeer

Upon further questioning due to these responses, Wifey has admitted that the CM did indeed tell her that it would be fine.

She only told me they said "no" because she thought it was a funny way to break the news about the new resort.

I'm a full time student at UGA, and she works a million hours a week to get me though my degree at that horribly expensive school, pay the mortgage, children's school tuition, power bill, etc etc etc. If a lady wants to live luxuriously for a few days at Disney, who am I stop her?
tripleup05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
kmb584
DIS Veteran

The baby and 20-month-old are both "Under 3" and 1 will not count towards room occupancy (and both we still be free admission-wise). However, the CM that your wife spoke with is wrong. You're considered to be a family of 4 + 1 infant which means that, yes, you could book a room in a value resort. Would I recommend it? Nope; I simply cannot imagine 5 humans occupying 260 sq ft of space. If you're still willing to spend the money on YC, go for it - it's an incredible resort! But keep it in the back of your head that you could easily downgrade to a Mod.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

No matter what anyone else was told, only one child under age 3 is supposed to be exempt from room occupancy limits.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #24
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
We stayed at All Star Movies with myself, my 2 daughters, my niece and my twins (age 10 months) with no problems. That was 6 of us .. but the babies didn't count ..
Actually one of the babies should have counted. You only get on infant free. No matter what the ages, a value room doesn't hold 6 people. Only 5.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #25
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

No. Call back. They will let your family stay in any single, four-person room onsite.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Actually one of the babies should have counted. You only get on infant free. No matter what the ages, a value room doesn't hold 6 people. Only 5.
Too late now .. that was 9 years ago !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #27
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Upon further questioning due to these responses, Wifey has admitted that the CM did indeed tell her that it would be fine.

She only told me they said "no" because she thought it was a funny way to break the news about the new resort.

I'm a full time student at UGA, and she works a million hours a week to get me though my degree at that horribly expensive school, pay the mortgage, children's school tuition, power bill, etc etc etc. If a lady wants to live luxuriously for a few days at Disney, who am I stop her?
LOL, actually the first thing I thought of when you said she was in another room when she called, was that she was pulling your leg in order to stay at the Yacht Club.

Enjoy. Keep up with that degree. You will def need it once you have a taste of the deluxes I'm sure. LOL

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #28
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
No. Call back. They will let your family stay in any single, four-person room onsite.
While I usually agree with kaytieeldr, I say don't call back. If your wife wants to stay at the Yacht Club, that's where you should stay. Sounds like your DW got the right information anyway and just snowed you to get the deluxe resort. Good luck at school. Glad you can enjoy some luxury for a bit.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #29
Runnergal
Mouseketeer

Enjoy! There are six of us (2 are under 3) and we will happily squeeze into one room at the deluxe resorts. It is worth it to have such a great location, imo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: