Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

When do the Christmas decorations go up at Disney hotels?

I think I remember hearing something about the American Thanksgiving time frame, but wasn't sure. If you are there mid November (Nov. 11 to 18th), is there any chance of seeing some of the decorations (i.e. Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge)? TIA!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

I seem to have Thanksgiving ringing in my head, but not sure. I would post this question on the college board and one of the more recent cp interns can give you a better answer. Good luck.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES
vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillarum View Post
I seem to have Thanksgiving ringing in my head, but not sure. I would post this question on the college board and one of the more recent cp interns can give you a better answer. Good luck.
Good idea, thanks!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Based on our last couple of trips you might be lucky towards the end of the trip see the gingerbread house in GF. Never went to the WL so can't help there.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Everything is guaranteed to be up the Saturday after Thanksgiving, with the exception of the MK tree, which goes up after the taping of the parade the following weekend.

The deluxe resort items take the longest to do because they are the most extensive and tedious.

You may or may not see all of the deluxe resorts completed in your time frame, but you may see some. They go up overnight in some resorts, so you may go to bed one night and nothing is there and the next morning, there are the beginning of the decorations, or some have been completed overnight.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

My trip overlaps yours and I have gone several times in November. Every time I have stayed that week in November the decorations have been up by the end of the week.

One night at WL we went to bed with a plain lobby and woke up to a tree and lots of decorations! It was great to open your door and see that.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00

Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Thanks all!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
CaptainKat
Mouseketeer

We took the Yuletide Fantasy Tour last December, and if I remember correctly, the guide said that just about everything is in place by Thanksgiving day, except, of course, the big tree on Main Street in the MK. He also said that the resort decorations go up mostly late at night, and quite quickly, so you may get to see more and more resorts have decorations spring up. He also mentioned that the schedule varies from year to year, but that in recent years that schedule would get leaked and the workers would come to the resorts at night to decorate, and would find people in their jammies with hot cocoa in the lobby, waiting to watch them put things up

So, when it gets a bit closer to your trip, you may be able to find more info on what resorts are getting decorated when, and may be able to see a few while you're there.

Accepted for DCP Fall Advantage in the Pirate's League! Let the Countdown begin!
CaptainKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #9
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKat View Post
We took the Yuletide Fantasy Tour last December, and if I remember correctly, the guide said that just about everything is in place by Thanksgiving day, except, of course, the big tree on Main Street in the MK. He also said that the resort decorations go up mostly late at night, and quite quickly, so you may get to see more and more resorts have decorations spring up. He also mentioned that the schedule varies from year to year, but that in recent years that schedule would get leaked and the workers would come to the resorts at night to decorate, and would find people in their jammies with hot cocoa in the lobby, waiting to watch them put things up

So, when it gets a bit closer to your trip, you may be able to find more info on what resorts are getting decorated when, and may be able to see a few while you're there.
That is so funny! I think it would be fun to watch that! (the decs going up, not the people in jammies sipping hot chocolate...)

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
DemoBri1
Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

As far as the resorts go it might be iffy for you. I'm not sure if you are referencing a stay that you have planned this year or not, but if it is this year probably not. Our Thanksgiving this year is late (Nov 28th) and normally I've never seen many decorations go up in the resorts until the beginning of Thanksgiving week. Now the parks are a different story. As has been the case for a few years now the Osborne Lights at DHS are turned on in early November somewhat corresponding to the beginning of MVMCP at MK, which also gets decorated in early November. On our last trip in 2012 (mid November) we even ran into decorations being up at AK as well.

DemoBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKat View Post

This Would So Be Me & My Family! I Would Love To See This
Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
V2000
Mouseketeer

I think it should be up by Nov 8th. The reason I say that is because that's when the Christmas start at the parks. I'm going Nov 8th tho Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. All Christmas will be up at MK and Hollywood Studios.

I believe Epcot isn't decorated until later in the month due to the Wine and Food Festival end that week. Hey I'll be at the Food and Wine Nov 11th! Maybe I'll see you there. LOL.

Hotels should definitely have decor up by then.
V2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: