Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
tripleup05
Earning My Ears

Do I really have to get a family suite?

Call my wife and I crazy, but we have had two pleasant experiences with babies at the World, and now that the third is on her way, we would like to go again later this year.

Little did I know that a third child would raise the price $1000. The baby is causing only Family Suite rooms to show as available at the value resorts. For my wife and I, a three year old, and two infants (20months and 6 months) it will be $2400 at All Star Music. For my wife and I, the three year old, and 20 month old, its only $1500.

I realize a regular room would be crowded with the five of us, but my wife and I are simple, easy to please folk. It wouldn't be a problem. Especially to save $1000! So...how strict is the 5th person thing? I can't wrap my head around spending another grand so we have a little more elbow room.
tripleup05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05
Call my wife and I crazy, but we have had two pleasant experiences with babies at the World, and now that the third is on her way, we would like to go again later this year.

Little did I know that a third child would raise the price $1000. The baby is causing only Family Suite rooms to show as available at the value resorts. For my wife and I, a three year old, and two infants (20months and 6 months) it will be $2400 at All Star Music. For my wife and I, the three year old, and 20 month old, its only $1500.

I realize a regular room would be crowded with the five of us, but my wife and I are simple, easy to please folk. It wouldn't be a problem. Especially to save $1000! So...how strict is the 5th person thing? I can't wrap my head around spending another grand so we have a little more elbow room.
Call and ask. The new website ain't been the best. Horribly unreliable is the nicest thing I can say about it. The other night while dining at WL it tried to tell me the only thing in the menu at Whispering Canyon was salmon...?!!?!

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

the values are sooo tiny that two playpens would be tight, unless you have the toddler sleep with the other sibling in the bed
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Don't mention the baby in the reservation. He or she won't need tickets for anything, so you'll be all set.. Congrats..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

children 2 or under - does not count - as has been say the website has problems.

you can also go to the dreams unlimited -the travel agency that sponsors the Dis

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/

sorry you are having problems but that seems to be about average with the new website.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Definitely call instead of trying to book online. Standard occupancy for most Disney rooms (excluding king rooms) is four plus one child under the age of three. You are legal in any Disney two double or two queen room at any price point - values, moderates or deluxes.

You don't need to try to sneak a child in, and I wouldn't advise you try anyway (besides, it is against DIS rules to suggest ways to break Disney rules, so just ignore those posters ). You will be fine with two adults and three kids as long as at least one child is under three years old.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

What about one of the POR rooms that holds 5? Not sure if you have to call to book those or not.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Definitely call instead of trying to book online. Standard occupancy for most Disney rooms (excluding king rooms) is four plus one child under the age of three. You are legal in any Disney two double or two queen room at any price point - values, moderates or deluxes.

You don't need to try to sneak a child in, and I wouldn't advise you try anyway (besides, it is against DIS rules to suggest ways to break Disney rules, so just ignore those posters ). You will be fine with two adults and three kids as long as at least one child is under three years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
What about one of the POR rooms that holds 5? Not sure if you have to call to book those or not.
Both good suggestions. Just call and find out.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Just FYI, OP the value rooms are about 260 square feet (not sure if the Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms are the same size as the others). Moderates except Caribbean Beach are 314 square feet and have queen beds instead of doubles. Caribbean Beach has the largest moderate rooms (I think they are 340 square feet), but they also have double beds.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you have multiple children under the age of three, one of them will not count towards occupancy requirements. The rest will. So in your case, you would be a family of four, plus one under the age of three. So you fit in any resort that sleeps four until the youngest turns three.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Think it has already been said but you are legal (for now at least) for a regular value room. I just wanted to add as someone who has done it (twice) you will all fit in the room with the baby gear and yes, with 2 pack n plays. We did it with our twins (and one more infant won't take up anymore space). Good luck and have a great trip.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

I know when we traveled with the kids and they were younger and only had the 3, we were all in a room at ASMu, the youngest was under 2. we always book through disney travel and not online-never had any trouble. we are however this trip, looking at the moderates(POR that sleeps 5 or even possibly doing 2 rooms again)

2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post

If the "5th" person is under 3..meaning they dont need a ticket. I say. Stay in one room.
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
jfoster
Earning My Ears

Yes, lucky you...you are all set! We went last year with three children, ages 2 (who turned 3 just 1 week after we got home!), 6 and 8. We were able to stay at AKL in a Savannah View Room as a family of 4. Our youngest didn't "count" because he was under 3. This year, we faced a challenge...We wanted to do AKL again, but couldn't without getting a villa. So, we are trying POR, since it is the ONLY moderate that can hold 5 people. We are not in the room much, so considering one of the more expensive deluxe resorts didn't seem to make sense!
Have fun....enjoy your littlest being under 3...it opens a lot of options!
jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #15
tripleup05
Earning My Ears

We resolved the problem.

Wife called this morning to ask about the baby. She was in another room, and I couldn't hear what was being said. She came into the living room after finishing the call, where I was doing some finance homework, and told me the baby won't be a problem, and we won't have to sneak her. I said "good, so they will let 5 of us in a standard room?" She said "Not at the values, but they do at yacht club, where I booked it!"

The finance student in me is bending over sick to his stomach at the extra cost, but the Disney nerd in me is doing cartwheels for staying in a Deluxe resort for the first time
tripleup05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: