Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
GoldenDisneyFanatic
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream!!

Hey guys I just got off my 6th Disney cruise on the Disney dream about 2 weeks ago and I'm telling you it is the magical thing in the world!!! (You know other than Disney world and Walt Disney and etc.) For those of you who are new to Disney cruise line, the experience is amazing!!! Everything you see puts a smile on your face from the refreshing pools and slides to the different clubs for different ages so the whole family can relax and have fun!! I'm a gold castaway and I'm so excited for the day when I become a platinum!! If you need to know anything or you have any questions, I'd be delighted to help!! DISNEY!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
GoldenDisneyFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

We are taking our 1st cruise next August and so excited, well all except the 16 year old. He thinks it will be Titanic. My 14 year old is looking forward to the stingray feeding at Castaway and I am thinking of doing the dolpin encounter at Nassau. Any other insight to anything else, please let me know.
By the way we are going on the Dream for 3 nights.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Trying to figure out what kind of room to stay in, any thoughts.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
GoldenDisneyFanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom View Post
We are taking our 1st cruise next August and so excited, well all except the 16 year old. He thinks it will be Titanic. My 14 year old is looking forward to the stingray feeding at Castaway and I am thinking of doing the dolpin encounter at Nassau. Any other insight to anything else, please let me know.
By the way we are going on the Dream for 3 nights.
When I went on the dream I did a lot of awesome activities!! When you go aboard, in your stateroom, you should get a personal navigator. It is pretty much just a schedule of all the activities aboard the ship. They match up with the times above and they have activities for those in the youth clubs like the Oceaner club, Oceaner lab, Edge, and Vibe. Your 14 and 16 year olds might enjoy Vibe because it is for ages 14-17. Vibe is a place in the forward of the ship and can be tricky to find, but has its own deck on the bow of the ship and has 2 hot tubs, misters, and a lot of lounge chairs. Inside is a giant lounge area with lots of chairs,TVs, and video games. At scheduled times they have games, crafts, and other activities in Vibe. On Castaway Cay, I went snorkeling and went on an aqua trike which is a giant trike that floats on water while you and a another person peddle your way around a section of water. But I don't recommend it if you have weak legs because boy is it a workout!! Another Fun thing you can with the family on the island is pelican plunge!! Its a giant Floating water slide!! You have to swim out to it. It has two slides, one open and one a closed tube. Well I hope I helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask!! Don't forget when your on the ship to go on the AquaDuck!!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
GoldenDisneyFanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Well who's going with you? Ages?? How many??
Old 07-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDisneyFanatic View Post
Well who's going with you? Ages?? How many??
Well DH, DS 17 DS 23 DD in-law 22 and my self
Trying to see if we should get one or two rooms. Or a family suite or 1 bedroom suite. My DS wants a concierge room so bad. Looking to see if it's worth it or not. We went back in 2002, things have really changed. We were in a inside cabin on deck 2, never again didn't like it.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

With a party of 5 adults, I'd choose two rooms. I can't imagine 5 grown people in one stateroom.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
GoldenDisneyFanatic
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Well DH, DS 17 DS 23 DD in-law 22 and my self
Trying to see if we should get one or two rooms. Or a family suite or 1 bedroom suite. My DS wants a concierge room so bad. Looking to see if it's worth it or not. We went back in 2002, things have really changed. We were in a inside cabin on deck 2, never again didn't like it.
Yes definitely get two staterooms!! My grandma took me on my last cruise and it was me, my mom, my sister, and my grandma and we had two connecting verandah deluxe staterooms!! Yea there's not a lot of walk around room so def two rooms!! My personally favorite staterooms are the deluxe oceanview staterooms with the giant portholes so you can lay in them. I do like the verandahs too because you can just step outside and look down at the water at night and its beautiful because on the dream they shine these blue lights under water!!! Also you can hear the waves crashing at night.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDisneyFanatic View Post
Yes definitely get two staterooms!! My grandma took me on my last cruise and it was me, my mom, my sister, and my grandma and we had two connecting verandah deluxe staterooms!! Yea there's not a lot of walk around room so def two rooms!! My personally favorite staterooms are the deluxe oceanview staterooms with the giant portholes so you can lay in them. I do like the verandahs too because you can just step outside and look down at the water at night and its beautiful because on the dream they shine these blue lights under water!!! Also you can hear the waves crashing at night.
Great thank you.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
seidelhd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWQuestie View Post
With a party of 5 adults, I'd choose two rooms. I can't imagine 5 grown people in one stateroom.
We are leaving 3 weeks from tomorrow on the Dream. For 2 adults and 3 kids (12, 9, 6), we decided on 2 staterooms. The kids can stay in one and my wife and I in the other. Or, one kid can join us if they are getting on each other's nerves. The price for 2 family deluxe oceanview w/veranda staterooms was actually significantly cheaper than the one bedroom suite (although that may have been w/concierge).
seidelhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
stalkingmickey
Mouseketeer

Sailing the Dream Sept 12 we are 6a GTY status so I do not have room assignment yet but got a 11-11:30 PAT. It will be my first cruise ever. 4 days so I can see if I like a cruise. I love the ocean and boating and sailing so I do not see why I wouldn't.
It is just me and my DH so we probably will be at the adult pool most time. Can you tell me are there hot tubs in the adult pool area. Also from photos it looks like it gets more shade than sun?
We are doing Atlantis on our Nassau day. And just beaching it at castaway cay.
I also will be bringing some of our own booze. If we do not finish a bottle by the end can I take the opened but not empty bottle off cruise with me? I have heard different answers to this. not huge drinkers so I need to plan accordingly.

stalkingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
I'm siding with your DS! It's a very different experience. We've cruised in a Cat T with 5, no problem....plenty of room. Concierge is really nice. First to book excursions, dining spa, and/ or a Cabana, great lounge, no lines, no hassle...oh, and first to board.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWQuestie View Post
I agree. Married couples should not be sharing a cabin with other adults, now matter how large it is.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
junbug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post

I agree. Married couples should not be sharing a cabin with other adults, now matter how large it is.
Agreed.
junbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
There are three separate sleeping areas, at least on the Fantasy and Dream. I guess, what works for some, doesn't for others.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: