Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Mrs Mickey
Mouseketeer

Bit of a nightmare with my booking

I have just sat down all excited to book our Feb half term trip.
Feeling quite pleased with myself because on the French website the NPB for 4 nights is £300 cheaper than the uk site.
Got through to the card payment bit and it came up with an error about not having the correct information and please recheck and try again. So i did and it came up with the error again!
I then thought - Oh no it wont accept my card - I'm not going to get this great saving! Let's just double check my card - its taken the payment twice!
It doesn't look like I have completed my booking on the Disney site. My credit card company says I need to get the money back from Disneyland Paris but of course the help line is shut now.
So now I will have a stressy, sleepless nights worry over whether I will have a problem getting my money back.

What I would really love to hear from my fellow dis friends please- is that I have nothing to worry about and a quick phone call in the morning will sort it straight out, and the holiday is all booked and my card will be refunded immediately (even if it isnt true)

Off site 96, NPB 01, NPB 02, DLH 02, DLH 04, HNY 05, HNY 06, WDW AKL 07, HNY 08, SL Feb 09, SL Nov 09, SL Feb 10, HNY Feb 11, HNY May 12, NPB Feb 13
Mrs Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Has this twice happen. Get your bank's details: name, fax and someone's name. Then call DLP and let them know what happen. They will ask details of what happened, your name, card number, amount, bank's name, fax and to whom address
They will send a note to your bank so bank would release the money. If you do so, you'll get the money in less than a week. If doing nothing money will come back in 14 days.
Oh and no booking was done.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
Mrs Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
Has this twice happen. Get your bank's details: name, fax and someone's name. Then call DLP and let them know what happen. They will ask details of what happened, your name, card number, amount, bank's name, fax and to whom address
They will send a note to your bank so bank would release the money. If you do so, you'll get the money in less than a week. If doing nothing money will come back in 14 days.
Oh and no booking was done.
Thank you so much for that - I got all the info from my credit card and was all prepared when I rang back so that was a relief. I knew someone on here would be able to calm my nerves.
I am a bit sad now that I cant get the french offer - dont know if it was just the credit card I have or what?
I also cant afford to book now for a week until the 2 charges have gone off my account. Bit of an anticlimax from my excitement yesterday.

Off site 96, NPB 01, NPB 02, DLH 02, DLH 04, HNY 05, HNY 06, WDW AKL 07, HNY 08, SL Feb 09, SL Nov 09, SL Feb 10, HNY Feb 11, HNY May 12, NPB Feb 13
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

That's happend to me in the past too, once you speak to them it normaly takes about a week for the payment to be refunded. When you call explain the situation and they normaly will make the booking for you with just the discount payment needed.

It's one of the reasons I always book on the phone now, don't trust their booking website these days.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Isila

Last time I was very upset, because I got my money back after the offer ended. But for me it's easier to book via internet site.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
sky13
Mouseketeer

Just had a similar thing happen to me!!

Tried to book on the UK site using a UK card, got to the end, and got an error saying that the reservation has not gone through and to try again or contact DLP. Tried again another couple of times, but nothing went through.

Called my bank to check if my card had gotten blocked, and they said my card was fine. However there was a hold for the amount I was trying to pay to DLP, but that their website had rejected the payment. And to contact DLP directly to check.

Called up DLP and talked to two very helpful people, who reassured me that if there was no booking reference (and they couldn't find any reference for me using my name or date of travel) the money wouldn't have been taken from my account and the hold would be released soon (couple of days to a week depending on my bank).

Asked one of them if I could book directly over the phone, and he said yes, but that they used the same booking system as the website and so there was a chance that my card would still have issues. Asked what happens if I did end up with a double booking, and he said their system would flag that up (if bookings identical) and they could cancel any double bookings made.

So thankful for this thread as it was reassuring that things would be sorted out!

Ended up booking using a different card (which unfortunately means I got hit with exchange rates as it isn't a UK-based card), but at least that seems to have gone through and can still get the current 2 nights free offer for the dates I want! Just hope my bank doesn't take too long to release the hold on my card...
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Isila

This is what I did - used different card
Old 01-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Mrs Mickey
Mouseketeer

I got mine booked ok using a different credit card in the end.
I wish I could work out how much this dis board has saved me over the years. It must be thousands. Each trip we must save hundreds due to special offers and share holder discount (that again I first heard about on here). This time £400 before we even set off.

Thank you everyone

Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

im glad you got it sorted. it happened to me years ago as well, i was panicking until i got my money back.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Glad you got it sorted and made a booking

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
sky13
Mouseketeer

Glad you got it sorted - and agree with how much money you save using advice here!

Seems to be that using a different card works well - wonder if it's certain banks or something that have issues? Just hope my bank removes the hold on my account soon!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #12
ben1993
DIS Veteran

Seems to happen every now and then to people on this board, I think their site/booking system is really glitchy
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #13
Isila

but they don't even apologize. I wrote them an email, had a short correspondence with them, but then they got silent and never replied. And I was really angry with them. Oh, well. Maybe I should write them again
Old 01-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #14
sky13
Mouseketeer

Yeah their booking system really doesn't seem very reliable if this happens to people every now and again! Though the people I spoke to at DLP said it could also be because my UK-based card doesn't like being used for non-UK transactions (apparently the disneylandparis.co.uk site is based in France? not sure how true this is), which I could believe given the problems I've had in the past with trying to use this particular card overseas...

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I've never had it when booking DLP or a holiday (thank goodness) but it happened to me once when booking theatre tickets. I also don't think it's DLP's fault, I believe the fault lies with the bank/credit card company.

Glad you've got it sorted now and you can relax and enjoy your planning.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: