Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #256
linzjones76
Earning My Ears

Late Start....

Good Morning Everyone!!

I have been anxious for this cruise since booked back in December. Today I was talking to a co-worker who told me about getting on these boards, and asking why I haven't been on already.... then talking about fish extenders, hidden decks --> deer in the headlights!!

So, I figured I would log on today (better late than never) and write a post up!

This will be our first Disney Cruise, I am a single mom with one very animated and precocious daughter who is 9. We are cruising with her papa, who spoils her and us rotten, and my brother (another adult, but always my baby brother). Heading out from the Kansas City Missouri area, and so excited to get away from the snow we have been getting dumped on us for the last month!!

Cheers!!

Jocelyn - 9
linzjones76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #257
davocabo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjones76 View Post
This will be our first Disney Cruise, I am a single mom with one very animated and precocious daughter who is 9. We are cruising with her papa, who spoils her and us rotten, and my brother (another adult, but always my baby brother). Heading out from the Kansas City Missouri area, and so excited to get away from the snow we have been getting dumped on us for the last month!!

Cheers!!

Jocelyn - 9
Welcome aboard! Finally someone else from Missouri! We are from Wentzville, MO.

Hopefully you have had a chance to catch up on all the things going via this Thread. The meet and great is scheduled for 3PM at goofy's galley.

Only a week away!

davocabo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #258
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjones76
Heading out from the Kansas City Missouri area, and so excited to get away from the snow we have been getting dumped on us for the last month!!
We are just right down the road in Leavenworth. I can't wait for some warm weather since I'm originally from New Orleans. Hope you can make the meet & greet
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
CajunMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #259
linzjones76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocabo View Post
Welcome aboard! Finally someone else from Missouri! We are from Wentzville, MO.

Hopefully you have had a chance to catch up on all the things going via this Thread. The meet and great is scheduled for 3PM at goofy's galley.

Only a week away!
I have been looking around today and catching up, not getting much done at work :-) Yes, it is good to see people from Missouri - commiserate with the last few weeks of snOwMG!!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #260
davocabo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjones76 View Post
I have been looking around today and catching up, not getting much done at work :-) Yes, it is good to see people from Missouri - commiserate with the last few weeks of snOwMG!!
Those of us on the Eastern side of the state didn't get hit as hard as the west and KC area.

That being said, I am so ready for spring.... shorts and Flip Flop weather is one week away!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #261
csss31399
Mouseketeer

Excited!! Not long now!!

Turns out, my boys and hubs will be wearing jeans with button up or collared shirts some nights. The boys literally had outgrown every nice pair of pants they owned except for one. So, one mad shopping dash later, I'm scrambling to find someone to hem the new pants before we leave. Anywho, needless to say, nice jeans will have to suffice a night or two. I just can't justify buying more for the once or twice a year they need dress clothes.

My husband thinks I have lost it with the fish extender stuff, but I know it will be lots of fun! Hoping to meet you all soon! Sweet dreams!

Stacey
csss31399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #262
davocabo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by csss31399 View Post
Excited!! Not long now!!

My husband thinks I have lost it with the fish extender stuff, but I know it will be lots of fun! Hoping to meet you all soon! Sweet dreams!

Stacey
I can't wait to show off the FE my Mom made for my Kids and I! She did an amazing job!!! I think she should go in to business selling them, it is that good. Yeah I might be a little bias

Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #263
CajunMomof3
DIS Veteran

ONE WEEK!!! Woohoo!!!

Ok, now I actually have to get some work done!
How much packing has everyone done? I've got pirate gear and some of my FE stuff packed. That's it.... You know, the important stuff....
Pop Century (11/07), All-Star Movies (10/08), Port Orleans- Riverside (6/09), Coronado Springs (10/09), Boardwalk Villas (11/10), Boardwalk Inn (4/11), Port Orleans- Riverside/Polynesian (10/11), Grand Floridian (3/12), DisneyLand Hotel (12/12), Disney Magic (3/13), ** AP**Wilderness Lodge (7/13), POR (7/13), POFQ (8/13), SOG (8/13)
CajunMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #264
Bulldogmom
Earning My Ears

I got a suitcase out. That's as far as I have gotten. Ugh!
Bulldogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #265
linzjones76
Earning My Ears

I love Lexington - spent time in the fall wandering through the antique shops on the square! All for the warm weather too, it has been a crazy February!!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #266
ksucats
Mouseketeer

My wife is asking about packing & I can't figure out if there is a formal night or not on this one. Can somebody remind me of this information? Thanks.
ksucats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #267
Carrib
Earning My Ears

I haven't packed anything!!! Do the guys have to dress up for dinner or are jeans and a nice shirt ok??
Carrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #268
Noahsworld
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
My wife is asking about packing & I can't figure out if there is a formal night or not on this one. Can somebody remind me of this information? Thanks.
Not an official formal since its a 4 day cise. Semi formal. shirt or jacket and pants for guys. Dress or whatever for girls.
Noahsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #269
hwilliams5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by csss31399
Excited!! Not long now!!

Turns out, my boys and hubs will be wearing jeans with button up or collared shirts some nights. The boys literally had outgrown every nice pair of pants they owned except for one. So, one mad shopping dash later, I'm scrambling to find someone to hem the new pants before we leave. Anywho, needless to say, nice jeans will have to suffice a night or two. I just can't justify buying more for the once or twice a year they need dress clothes.

Stacey
My husband too! He keeps saying "so you bought this stuff for strangers??!! And I have to go meet a bunch of people I don't know" Oh how I love it! I'm so excited for the cruise and to meet ya'll soon!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #270
abra6636
Earning My Ears

My family and I will be on this cruise and I'm just learning about the FE's. Is there a "group" to join or is it too late? I'm not sure how I go about finding the info or what to do. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
Amy
abra6636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: