Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #91
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Yes, they were drizzled with sweet and sour sauce last Sunday.
Thanks Deb. That's weird that they still have that sauce as an option, but they won't bring you a small bowl of it if you request it?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #92
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Thanks Deb. That's weird that they still have that sauce as an option, but they won't bring you a small bowl of it if you request it?
That makes zero sense! Guess I will ask for extra potsticker sauce!
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #93
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

It sounds to me as though they are trying to make the menu a little more authentic...while also containing costs and reducing waste. While not all of the changes appeal to me personally, I think sounds like a great improvement overall.

So many people complain that Disney is homogenizing their menus resort-wide; it just seems refreshing to me that they are making an attempt to make this a more genuine Pan-Asian dining experience.

If costs are a concern, perhaps they could have some bottled sauces available upon request for those that can't have or don't like the peanut sauce.

I hope the changes are permanent and look forward to my next ADR at 'Ohana.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #94
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I actually think this sounds great. The stir fry style vegtables sound very tasty, as does the salad. Probably won't use much sauce, so indifferent.

Still looking forward to our 'Ohana ADR.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #95
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

At first I was worried until I read what had changed. To be honest, sounds good to me . I love mango and papaya! We are going for our 20th anniversary meal!

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #96
kbuck
Mouseketeer

Location: was Chalmette, LA now Pearl River, LA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Just wondering if anyone has eaten there this week. Are they still testing out new changes?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #97
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Wow, I can't believe how many people dislike mango and papaya, two of the greatest fruits to ever exist.
I happen to love mango and papaya, even though I complained earlier in the thread. I can't eat pineapple and generally if you can't have that then chances are papaya and mango will be the same way. Don't really want to find out the hard way on vacation.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #98
staceycanada
Mouseketeer

Call the restaurant directly and speak with someone about your food concerns. They are very accomidating for food allergies and intolerances.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #99
Mic2129
Earning My Ears

anyone know what the menu is looking like?
Mic2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #100
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I happen to love mango and papaya, even though I complained earlier in the thread. I can't eat pineapple and generally if you can't have that then chances are papaya and mango will be the same way. Don't really want to find out the hard way on vacation.
I can have pineapple and papaya but am allergic to mango, so maybe you are special like me and you might be able to enjoy the papaya and mango but hold the pineapple
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #101
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

We ate there last week and I have to say it was my least favorite meal of the trip. Now, I have nothing to compare it to because we never ate there before the changes but I had really high hopes for it since it gets such great reviews and we've never before been able to snag a ressie for it at a decent time. The salad was just ok. I didn't think it had much flavor and the fruit was sparse. Our potstickers did not have a drizzle. The peanut sauce was good and that was the only option. The vegetables were good. The beef was horrible. I couldn't even cut it with my knife. The rest was ok, but nothing to write home about. My favorite part was the bread.
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #102
kbuck
Mouseketeer

Location: was Chalmette, LA now Pearl River, LA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

I hope for my trip in 15 days they go back to the old menu. I just read a dining review that said the beef was tough as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #103
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup princess
We ate there last week and I have to say it was my least favorite meal of the trip. Now, I have nothing to compare it to because we never ate there before the changes but I had really high hopes for it since it gets such great reviews and we've never before been able to snag a ressie for it at a decent time. The salad was just ok. I didn't think it had much flavor and the fruit was sparse. Our potstickers did not have a drizzle. The peanut sauce was good and that was the only option. The vegetables were good. The beef was horrible. I couldn't even cut it with my knife. The rest was ok, but nothing to write home about. My favorite part was the bread.
Before the menu change, this is what i thought as well. Beef was poor quality, pork was so nasty, chicken was decent, potstickers were very dry, wings were so slimy, noodles were decent. Just not impressed at all. Won't be back.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #104
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way

We just ate at O'hana on Sunday. I admit after reading the menu changes I was a bit "hesitant" only because I loved the salad before etc. However after dining I can honestly say it was one of our favorite meals! The salad had mango and mandrin oranges (no papaya) and it really tasted much like the other salad..this is what I was most worried about because I love their salad. Even my picky son loved the salad. Everything else was delicious...pot stickers, wings (not slimy in the least), lo mein, shrimp/beef/chicken were great...pork was OK and veggies were fine as well. Dessert was yummy and I don't usually eat dessert at all.

Service was very well paced. We did not feel rushed at all. In fact I could have sat there all night and would have felt "welcomed" to do so. Our server was wonderful (darn I can't think of her name at the moment but she was great!).

My older son (14) is the picky eater and he was allowed to eat anything from the food they brought over and she also brought out mac and cheese for both my boys to enjoy!! They loved the mac and cheese! My youngest tried almost everything along with his mac and cheese!

We enjoyed it so much (as usual) we almost went back but really wanted to try different places.

Wanted to add one more thing...my DH is one of the most critical diners I know! LOL He will find something wrong just about anywhere we eat however he LOVED every thing served.

Enjoy!

Kim
antkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #105
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

thanks for posting Kim,
glad to hear you all enjoyed it, we snagged a reservation and am looking forward to it...its always been a fav for us in the past

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: