Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
tcat160
What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hoola?

WDW plus an RV?

Planning a trip in may 2014 and im now toying with the idea of borrowing my gparents rv and driving down instead of renting a big passenger van. How rv freindly is disney? This will be my family's first trip. TIA!!
tcat160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

If you want to live in the RV, there's Fort Wilderness, the Disney-operated on-site campground. Disney Transport to the parks and resorts is provided at no charge. You should visit the camping board for more info.

If you just want to use it to travel and drive it to the parks, RV parking is available at all the parks, and I think also at the resorts. If you'll be staying off site, RV parking costs a dollar or 2 more per day than car parking.

If you're parking an RV at the parks, expect to walk a bit further to the entrance. RV's are usually parked at the end of the row, or in a separate area. It varies depending upon which park and the expected attendance level.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
tcat160
What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hoola?

Thank you. I should have posted more info, sorry about that. ;-)
We will be staying onsite at AoA, i just wanted to be sure that rv parking was available at the resorts and parks, and that it wouldnt be a huge hassle compared to using the bus system for the resorts. I appreciate your quick response!
tcat160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

I was at AoA the first week of January and there were a few RV's parked about the lots. AoA, Pop, and All Star have rather large parking lots and usually dont fill up. Park it out in the far end and usually no problem getting a couple spots together.
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

You may drive an RV to a resort or a park but you may not sleep in it (or in any kind of vehicle) at any time unless it is parked on a campsite. Currently at Disney, Fort Wilderness is the only on-site campground.

I have been told that it is okay to return to the RV in the park parking lot for lunch.

Do not leave pets in the RV while you are not there. Particularly in hot weather, vehicles may be broken into for the purpose of rescuing pets if security even suspects that the interior is too hot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: