Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 153

Confused and frustrated

Hi!

So hopefully someone here can help me! I'm planning a trip in May for graduation, and was thrilled when the recent Spring offer came out! I am an AP holder and am traveling with 2 other adults who need tickets. We also want the dining plan, so our plan was to book the discounted vacation package for them and add the dining plan for me. So we would be paying for tickets for the two of them, the room for all of us, and dining for all of us. By my calculations for the Beach Club, this worked out to about $4200 (including about $50 a day for the dining plan for me). Right at the tip of my budget!

However, when I called they said that we could only book the discounted vacation package if I got a ticket too - which I don't need! That would be $4700 and include a ticket we don't need. I thought they could be on the vacation package and I could add AP dining? He said my other option was to book under the AP rate and get a dining plan for all of us with the AP room rate, but that works out to $5400. I am so confused!! Was this CM wrong and is there a way to do this??
disneyfanbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
softballmom3
DIS Veteran
 
softballmom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 1,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky
Hi!

So hopefully someone here can help me! I'm planning a trip in May for graduation, and was thrilled when the recent Spring offer came out! I am an AP holder and am traveling with 2 other adults who need tickets. We also want the dining plan, so our plan was to book the discounted vacation package for them and add the dining plan for me. So we would be paying for tickets for the two of them, the room for all of us, and dining for all of us. By my calculations for the Beach Club, this worked out to about $4200 (including about $50 a day for the dining plan for me). Right at the tip of my budget!

However, when I called they said that we could only book the discounted vacation package if I got a ticket too - which I don't need! That would be $4700 and include a ticket we don't need. I thought they could be on the vacation package and I could add AP dining? He said my other option was to book under the AP rate and get a dining plan for all of us with the AP room rate, but that works out to $5400. I am so confused!! Was this CM wrong and is there a way to do this??
I'm not really sure but I know I would call back and talk to someone else to see what they say .
__________________
Always planning another trip......

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Belle83
DIS Veteran
 
Belle83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,182

Why not book online? It gives you the option of room-only there. (Not sure if you'll have a problem adding the dining plan though). Lots have people have been able to do room-only with the spring discount.
__________________
Disneyland: 1991, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2013
Disney Cruise: 2000 (Magic), 2014 (Dream)
WDW: 1998 Caribbean Beach, 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2004 Caribbean Beach, 2011 Dolphin, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 Coronado Springs, 2014 Caribbean Beach & Animal Kingdom Lodge
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Why not book online? It gives you the option of room-only there. (Not sure if you'll have a problem adding the dining plan though).
Ya, that's why - you can't add an AP dining plan on there unfortunately!
disneyfanbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,198

The CM was correct. Everyone in the room must have the same package components. In order to book the spring deal with the DDP, everyone (including yourself) would have to purchase park tickets in order to get the DDP. The only way around you not having to buy tickets is to book the room under the AP discount with the DDP (AP + Dine package) and the other two purchase their tickets separately. The DDP requires a minimum purchase of a 1 day base ticket (or the minimum required if there is one for a particular deal), with the exception of a ticketless AP package, booking with DVC points, or renting DVC points. Special deals such as free dining, the spring promo, etc. require a ticket purchase in order to get the DDP even if you have an AP.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 153

Thanks for the help! It seems silly that I will end up booking room-only and not booking tickets and a dining plan just because I have an AP!

Would there be a way for all of us to get the DDP and just get one day tickets (and I just wouldn't use mine) - and then upgrade only 2 of the tickets when we get there to the 8 day tickets?
disneyfanbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,652
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky
Thanks for the help! It seems silly that I will end up booking room-only and not booking tickets and a dining plan just because I have an AP!

Would there be a way for all of us to get the DDP and just get one day tickets (and I just wouldn't use mine) - and then upgrade only 2 of the tickets when we get there to the 8 day tickets?
Yes.. That would be my suggestion. Your friends can upgrade when they get there and you can save your one day ticket to put toward your next AP.
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
bayoudisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2

you can always save your ticket for your next trip and just use the one you have now. tickets don't expire till after first day of use usually unless it changed
bayoudisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran
 
clanmcculloch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,565

Hopefully there'll be a good AP discount (eventually) in which case you can book a ticketless AP package for all of you using that rate (only the lead on the reservation has to have an AP) and your friends can buy their tickets separately.
__________________
Me DH DD(16) DD(13) DSD(32) DSSil (40) DSD(30) DGS(4)


Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010


February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.