Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

Disney, like any company with multiple divisions will have some performing better than others. Disney is a healthy company. And yes they are reducing their discounts just as they stated they would last year. As a consumer I'm not excited but despite the governments insistance that we don't have inflation I'm pay higher prices for everything I buy now everywhere. As a shareholder I'm glad to see that Disney is doing their job.
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #32
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

I never understand the need for people to be rude I'll just ignore my Masters in Business and move on.
So what you're saying is that because they make a lot of profit, they should drop their prices or offer additional discounts? I guess you're not using that degree
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #33
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

At the very least if Disney decides to cut down own the perks and stuff (which I don't blame them at all for doing) they should at least start replacing the quality of the food with something better.

It seems by offering all these deals it affected the quality of the goods. Well then if the trend is to be reversed to how it used to be so should the quality no?
DIS Dad #749
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
So what you're saying is that because they make a lot of profit, they should drop their prices or offer additional discounts? I guess you're not using that degree

TDBIASWS.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #35
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
No. What I'am saying is that all good businesses reward long term customers or customers that spend extra money within their business. I'm more likely to spend more if I feel I'm getting better value for my money. 10% off for me personally isn't enough to feel like I'm getting a good discount on their product.

Their profit margin has little to do with it. However for people to Disney is hard up for cash, that's an entirely laughable point because it's simply not true.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #36
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
TDBIASWS.
So now we are down to just the whole reply being your mysterious acronym?
FigNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigNewton

For some reason that acronym reminds me of that cheerleader skit they had on SNL back in the 90's...
DIS Dad #749
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #38
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigNewton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
For some reason that acronym reminds me of that cheerleader skit they had on SNL back in the 90's...
Actually it reminds me of that scene in Mean Girls:

"Stop trying to make fetch (TDBIASWS) happenen, it isn't ever going to happen."
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #39
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

I bought the PAP at the DVC discount and it was a great deal. When the discount was reduced to 10% I wrote in saying that I thought the price of the PAP for DVC owners was great and hoped that they continue it next year, but that reducing the discount to 10% would most likely cause me to buy significantly less stuff. A 20% discount gets me to buy stuff I normally wouldn't, but the 10% doesn't. It's nice to have any kind of savings, but 10% won't encourange me to buy something, while 20% did. On the bright side my wife's and daughter's spending should drop significantly on the next trip
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #40
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

The only motivation for purchasing any type of AP product, from the lowly weekday select up to the lofty premier pass, should be the admission to the parks PERIOD. Every year (and sometimes twice a year) they review the perks associated with the AP's and add or subtract various items. The merchandise discount has not been associated with AP's for very long, and for the first few years was only valid at World of Disney at DTD. From some of the posts on the various threads I've read, people are making it sound like something that has been in place since day one. That is most definitely not the case.

If you base your purchase of any AP on the perks instead of the admission value, you WILL be disappointed at one time or another when those perks change. I had an AP for years before they even offered AP room discounts. Do I enjoy the perks? Sure. But I enjoy them knowing they can change any time at Disney's discretion. I get my AP so I can visit the parks any time I want to, and anything else is icing on the cake.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #41
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

next stop, no free parking for AP's then paid parking for DTD. Anyone read the article about the new Disney president? no more Meg Crofton

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,1494751.story
Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #42
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually it reminds me of that scene in Mean Girls:

"Stop trying to make fetch (TDBIASWS) happenen, it isn't ever going to happen."
Okay just for you, "TDBIASWS" stands for.....dam the phone just rang, be back in a minute.....
Old 01-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #43
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
TDBIASWS.
WDYJSOWYNTSIOFAAETTSI?
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I bought the PAP at the DVC discount and it was a great deal. When the discount was reduced to 10% I wrote in saying that I thought the price of the PAP for DVC owners was great and hoped that they continue it next year, but that reducing the discount to 10% would most likely cause me to buy significantly less stuff. A 20% discount gets me to buy stuff I normally wouldn't, but the 10% doesn't. It's nice to have any kind of savings, but 10% won't encourange me to buy something, while 20% did. On the bright side my wife's and daughter's spending should drop significantly on the next trip

I wrote in as well. Within 24 hours, my husband and I received a survey from DVC specifically about purchasing the PAP, would I do it again next year, why not if no, how I felt about it, etc.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #45
wedance6
Mouseketeer

I was excited when the gave all DVC members 10% no matter what they had in park admission. i thought great, finally. And then they added the great deal for the PAP. I wouldnt of bought the PAP anyhow unless it was the same price as the regular. This affects more the non DVC members in my opinion. ALLthough like stated before, this last trip I bought more things then I wouldnt have bought before with the 20% that my parents got for me, since they bought the PAP. So yes I will be buying less merchandise. And if you think about it, lowering the price on the PAP does not make them loose money. It just makes happier customers. I would normally just get a regular one. And not go to the waterparks. But if they offer that discount they are now incentivizing the public to buy more. So I think its a silly decision. Since even if you gave 20% off you still will be doubling your profit on what you sell since everything is so marked up anyhow.
AKL 9/07 AKL 5/03 POR 10/02
CBR 9/96 Offsite 3/91 CBR 6/90
Poly 7/80
wedance6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: