Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question Disney Florist and CSR - delivery in the room ?

Can I order something from the WDW Disney Florist - give the room # of my friends and have the item delivered to the CSR room ?

Or will the item be left at the front desk ? - a hike from the Rancho's, if the gift item ends up there !
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

Typically it will get to the room. If there is alcohol in the basket then you must pick-up the item from the front desk with ID. We have ordered from WDW florist on several occasions and most things have arrived on time and were the right item but on three occasions we have had problems one with not the right basket and two where they didn't deliver for the occasion. We called the next day to ask where our baskets were and they just said oops sorry you'll have it today. Really follow- up if you order.
'12 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP--Wild Africa Jungle Trek
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
TXGRMAMA
Earning My Ears

WDW Florist does NOT deliver to any resort rooms. Any flowers or gift baskets you order from them will be delivered to the Front Desk of the Disney resort. Then depending on the item (such as alcohol cannot be left) the Runner for the resort will deliver the item to the room. The Runner generally will not deliver to the room before guest checks in, the exception being Club Level rooms and Suites. This is to ensure that the guest is actually already inhoused to the room.

If you order for friends, you can be sure if you follow up by calling the resort after you think that the item has been delivered from the florist. But the resorts do this every day, all day, so there is unlikely to be a problem.

Also the guest may not have a Privacy sign on the door, or it will not be left. They will need to pick it up at the Front Desk. That is a major reason that flowers or gift baskets do not make it on time for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The runner tries to make a delivery and the Privacy sign is on the door.

Last edited by TXGRMAMA; 01-07-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: To add information
TXGRMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I had flowers delivered to my CSR room in 2008. I'm assuming it was left at the front desk and then someone ran to the room but I was at the pool and came back to find a box on my table. Flowers were also delivered to my room at POFQ in 2010. Enjoy, I've loved my Disney Flowers!

TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thank you so much - I wanted to send some fruit - to remind them to stay healthy at WDW and not to much fried foods.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to clarify our baskets were missing not because the runner couldn't get into our room(no privacy signs up) but WDW Florist never made the basket. NOTHING was ever delivered to the resort. In both cases the florist had the wrong date for a holiday and I do think most people know the date of Halloween. Therefore, my recommendation to follow-up.
'12 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP--Wild Africa Jungle Trek
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: