Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
ctc917
DIS Veteran

Help with Eastern DCL excursion choices and other ???

So I was wondering if anyone has recently done either the Kayak, Hike and Snorkel of Cas Cay or The Ledendary Kon Tiki sightseeing and Beach Cruise in St Thomas and what they thought of both. There are 3 adults and 1 9yr old that will be going on the cruise. Questions: do these excursions have bathroom faciilities? and if so how are they? Food and drink? did you bring your own? Would you do it again? on the Kayak, Hike and Snorkel was the snorkeling from the beach? how long was the kayaking? and was it hard? How was the hike?

I also had a few questions on booking excursions and refunds. If we are traveling with 4 people and 2 are booked on an excursion if 1 of those two can't go on the excursion after we board can we switch persons and still have 2 people go just not the 2 that the excursion was orginially booked for? and not get charged extra?

Does anyone know anything about the simulators onboard? did they enjoy them? do you know if the cancellation policy on the simulators is the same as excursions, which I think is 2 days before you board? ctc917

Last edited by ctc917; 01-07-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added questions, fixed errors
ctc917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
ctc917
DIS Veteran

No one has done either one of these excursions?

Also has anyone out there used the simulators onboard the Fantasy or Dream and had any experience in booking a time and not being able to keep it?

thanks

ctc917
ctc917 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

I am interested in a couple of these excursions as well
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Here's a recent thread I remember reading about Kon Tiki
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....light=kon+tiki
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
amyg1
Mouseketeer

We did the Kayak and Snorkel of Cas Cay, but we reserved on our own. Just Google, that and you will find the company. We saw the group from DCL ahead of us. We did it ourselves for two reasons 1) It was New Years Day, and the DCL excursion left at 8AM. No way we could get up that early. 2) We had a kid turning 8 on the trip, so they would not let us book it for her even if we wanted.

There were port a potties before you left on the kayak. There were warnings that there was nothing until you got back. It really wasn't a problem for us.

We had a great time. The kayaks are two person kayaks. The water is smooth. We had a some current as we were getting to Cas Cay. But as I told my son, that meant it was easier going back.

The snorkeling was a little challenging. There was a really strong current. I learned at the end that we should have swum by the edge until we got to the area. We followed everyone else, but my son (who is 9) wanted me to hold his hand, and we spent the whole time just trying to get out there. He saw one 'purple fish' and he was so excited. He would have loved to do it again. When they called us back, he was looking exhausted, and one of the guides gave him a 'ride' - my son held on while the guide paddled his kayak back.

The 8 year old got a little freaked out by the snorkel mask. She and her dad stayed behind. One of the guides showed them around the area and they found a lot of hermit crabs. She was excited by that, and did not miss the snorkeling. They had a contingency plan for those who chickened out.

I really thought that was enough, and we did not need the hike.

They said there was a snack, but there wasn't. We got a Halloween sized candy bar. So we should have brought food with us.

If we go back to St Thomas, we would do that excursion again. It was active, and a lot of fun.
amyg1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: