Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

3 night Dream Questions

Ok so reading on the disboards has me thinking of so many things.....

1.Is Palo something we should try and do? If so what night? Kids would have to eat counter or something if we did this I think.
2. Is there time to do a fish extender? I showed interest and my group already has 7 rooms which is many presents already. I am afraid maybe it will take too much time not knowing where things are?
3. When would you do couples massage if you did it?

I have been reading and searching but any advice is appreciated.
Love Disboards.

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddakal

1.Is Palo something we should try and do? If so what night? Kids would have to eat counter or something if we did this I think.
2. Is there time to do a fish extender? I showed interest and my group already has 7 rooms which is many presents already. I am afraid maybe it will take too much time not knowing where things are?

Love Disboards.
My suggestion would be to not do Palo or Remy.

I love them and you really should experience the dining rooms too.
Since it's your first cruise i would say to stick to the normal rotation.

FE there is time enough and it's a way to explore the ship.
Just the first morning drop off the gifts if you have 7 staterooms that can be 7 gifts or more if you do a gift per person.

Couples massage is a thing that i would do on the Nassau dat.
In my opionion i wouldn't get of the ship there and just enjoy the ship like ot's a sea day....
Aqua Duck and spa etc etc

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Sounds like you're trying to cram every activity possible into a very short cruise. Save SOME time to relax in there! I would wait and do the fish extender thing on another cruise. I participated in something similar on a recent DCL cruise and less than half the group actually followed through. I won't be doing that again. And I'm sure lots of other cruisers have had a great experience with the FE.

If you really really want to do Palo or Remy, the best day would be whatever day you can get reservations. But then you'll miss dinner in one of the main dining rooms.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I appreciate any and all feedback trying to decide on Nassau day whether to stay on the ship or go do the dolphin encounter ...just want to make the best decisions but don't want to over extend... Want some definite date time but also want some definite family time.

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddakal View Post

2. Is there time to do a fish extender? I showed interest and my group already has 7 rooms which is many presents already. I am afraid maybe it will take too much time not knowing where things are?I did my 11 cabins FE on my 3day in 30 minutes on the first night at 10:00 pm. My girls got to find out how truely big the ship is. It ended up being only on 4 decks.

Love Disboards.
See above
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
STLEdge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We did Palo on our 3-night Dream in 2011. I thought it was good but not great. We missed Animator's Palate to do it though, and I regretted that. If it's your first cruise, I would recommend skipping it.

If you were considering Remy, that's a whole different story though (and a whole different price point). If you think the MDR food is akin to going to Outback Steak House, Palo is like going to Morton's. But Remy is like going to a unique steakhouse like Peter Luger's, and would be well worth missing one of the MDR dinners in my opinion.
Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, November 2014
STLEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddakal View Post
Thank you! I appreciate any and all feedback trying to decide on Nassau day whether to stay on the ship or go do the dolphin encounter ...just want to make the best decisions but don't want to over extend... Want some definite date time but also want some definite family time.
We did the Dolphin Swim on the 4 night Dream in Dec. We participated in the 12:00 noon departure and finished just at their closing time 4:30ish. The second swim 12-4pm doesn't allow any time to use the beach facilities at Blue Lagoon or any time to walk around the island. If you want to do any of those things, book the earlier excursion. We arrived back at the ship with just enough time to shower for the 6:00pm early dinner.

We had plenty of time to relax that morning and casually enjoy the ship. Since we booked the later departure. We had enough time to have a late breakfast (9:00am), play shuffleboard and try the midship detective agency. If you don't intend to do something like the animal encounters, I would recommend staying on the ship. Nassau did not appear to be a great port.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: