Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #16
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

thanks Luisa that carousel looks amazing, we will check it out while we're there!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

JessNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #17
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

JessNewbs, I'll be following your TR closely now that the kids and I are considering New York over our southern road trip instead. Just gotta tell DH now
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #18
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have a great trip planned -and yes sorry, it won't be your last despite all the long, (lets face it not that nice) plane flights.... Make sure you have entertainment for the kids, if not included, in your long-haul flights.
TR Exploration Europe 2013
TR Rides and Rocks 2014
Me DH DD:
Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
gogo65
Cheering for Disney

What an amazing time you will have, busy but fantastic, at least you have enough time at WDW, to take your time and enjoy yourself.
Agree with the others, start saving for another holiday now, once you start you just can't stop
DL Carousal Inn and Suites 12/09
Paris Disney 07/11
WDW Allstar Music 4/12

gogo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone we are all excited! Marlea, we were going to go to San Francisco and san Diego but traded them for NYC, I think all of us will get more out of NYC!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #21
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo65 View Post
What an amazing time you will have, busy but fantastic, at least you have enough time at WDW, to take your time and enjoy yourself.
Agree with the others, start saving for another holiday now, once you start you just can't stop
Oh so true!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #22
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessNewbs View Post
Thanks everyone we are all excited! Marlea, we were going to go to San Francisco and san Diego but traded them for NYC, I think all of us will get more out of NYC!

We'd always said that we'd do NYC another time, but now I've decided 'what the heck'. You know I'll be relying on you for information when you get back...
Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #23
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Don't worry I will be taking lots of photos and will have a lengthy TR! We were looking at Malaysia for 2014 but will leave it open just incase our Disney addiction gets out of hand!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #24
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

Sounds like a very exciting trip!

I agree with comments regarding trying to cram as much into a New York day. We did this for 9 days and my body never hurt so much. I don't regret it but then I don't have kids so was easier.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #25
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The kids have decided they want to go to the natural history museum purely because of the night at the museum movie!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #26
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort
Sounds like a very exciting trip!

I agree with comments regarding trying to cram as much into a New York day. We did this for 9 days and my body never hurt so much. I don't regret it but then I don't have kids so was easier.
I'm not sure how much we will get into one day but we have a few days there so we will just see what we can. How much did you seem to fit into the day? I was thinking probably Central Park a whole day, then maybe say a ride on the ferry around the Statue of Liberty, a visit to ground zero maybe a look at Brooklyn bridge in one day. Does that sound realistic?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #27
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98

The kids have decided they want to go to the natural history museum purely because of the night at the museum movie!
Yes! I hope we can fit that in as well but that may be wishful thinking lol

Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #28
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

Quote:
I'm not sure how much we will get into one day but we have a few days there so we will just see what we can. How much did you seem to fit into the day? I was thinking probably Central Park a whole day, then maybe say a ride on the ferry around the Statue of Liberty, a visit to ground zero maybe a look at Brooklyn bridge in one day. Does that sound realistic?
We fit a great deal into our time there but I exhausted myself to the point I got sick. I was doing stupid things though like Statue of Liberty, the Met, Museum of Natural History, Rockefeller and a Broadway show. Was up 6am and back at midnight. Then there were the days when I was doing a Broadway matinee and evening show back to back after a museum in the morning (those were pretty great actually).

Then we smashed out a day in DC doing space museum, museum of american history, the capitol, washington momument, lincoln memorial, the white house, and then a very very exhausted train ride back to NYC following a stiff drink. We were pretty comprehensive and I managed to plan sufficient time for everything so we weren't skimping. We're fast walkers too which helped. We always knew what we were doing. Going commando touring was fine and really adrenaline pumping several years ago but I'm no longer in my early or mid 20's now and am unable to go at the pace I used to without making myself sick (apparently). Yup getting old :P

I think your plan sounds ok, depending on how tired your kids get. About 3/4 across the Brooklyn bridge I was sore and kinda over it having wandered most of the day. I'd probably do 9/11 memorial first thing to avoid the long lines through security (that's what we did), followed by Brooklyn and then the ferry.

Last edited by Royal Consort; 01-13-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Royal Consort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #29
Tara2004
Mouseketeer

Thats going to be a blast, cant wait to see all your photos etc, and to see what you thought of the USA. Awesome trip, but beware it can be addictive

2001 WDW ( POP century )
2013 WDW ( Boardwalk, AKL ) Disneyland Anaheim
2014 Oct, Disneyland Anaheim in the planning
Tara2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #30
JessNewbs
Mouseketeer

So I called mynTA about one flight change yesterday and was 4old I have not one but four flight changes two are ok but the other two are going to leave us exhausted! I am really hoping for no more changes but this far out I don't like my chances. So we arrive in L.A. after a huge flight via Hawaii at 9.30pm to have to be back at the airport by 6am i am hoping we actually wake up amd make it! the only alternative was a flight that wouldn't get us intonEs Orleans until after midnight that night! Our other changer saw us getting up at 3am to fly from Orlando to L.A. so we have changed it to a 7pm flight that will get us to L.A. around 10pm. Let's hope they move that one forward an hour!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: