Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
islandrunner
Earning My Ears
 
islandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6

Just engaged and starting to plan

Hello my boyfriend of 5 and 1/2 years proposed inside the front room of Cinderella's Castle on 12/12/12! It was magical and more than a dream come true.
Now I am starting to gather information about a dream wedding. I would love to get married at SeaBreeze Point. I have seen lots of wedding photos at the boardwalk and want mine there too. We stayed at the boardwalk during our engagement vacation.
I was debating on either the Escape package and the Wishes. I know one is far more expensive than the other. What is your opinion is it worth it for the Wishes? Also what is the percentage of down payment you have to give? Thank you so much in advance!
islandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
islandrunner
Earning My Ears
 
islandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6

No suggestions for wishes or escape packages?
__________________
islandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

The deposit for Escape is $1,000. For Wishes it is $2,000.

Most people choose between Escape and Wishes based on guest count: Escape allows only 20 people max, while Wishes has a minimum requirement of 20 people.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Also, congratulations on your engagement!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #5
KCharming
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandrunner
Hello my boyfriend of 5 and 1/2 years proposed inside the front room of Cinderella's Castle on 12/12/12! It was magical and more than a dream come true.
Now I am starting to gather information about a dream wedding. I would love to get married at SeaBreeze Point. I have seen lots of wedding photos at the boardwalk and want mine there too. We stayed at the boardwalk during our engagement vacation.
I was debating on either the Escape package and the Wishes. I know one is far more expensive than the other. What is your opinion is it worth it for the Wishes? Also what is the percentage of down payment you have to give? Thank you so much in advance!
Congratulations!! I think the package really depends on how many people you want at your ceremony and what kind of reception you are thinking about. Good luck, I'd be lost with my fiancée she is the planner of the family.
KCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
islandrunner
Earning My Ears
 
islandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6

Thank you so much! We''ll have to get our guest count together soon
__________________
islandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #7
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran
 
JoJo1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 1,211

Congratulations on your Engagement

My husband proposed at the Wilderness Lodge and we got Married at the Wedding Pavillion We had an escape wedding, was perfect in every way

Yeah, the difference between choosing an Escape or Wishes wedding is based on your budget, how many guests and what you want to do on the actual day. Maybe work out your budget and guest first - that's a great way to start
JoJo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
islandrunner
Earning My Ears
 
islandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6

Thank you again for all the congrats! Just wondering if we go ahead and plan for a wishes wedding then end up with less people than we thought. Would disney down grade us to an escape package?
__________________
islandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer
 
bradleyjess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandrunner
Thank you again for all the congrats! Just wondering if we go ahead and plan for a wishes wedding then end up with less people than we thought. Would disney down grade us to an escape package?
Disney won't let you downgrade from what I understand, so it's better to plan on an escape wedding and upgrade to a wishes if you have enough guests.
__________________
Disney Bride

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
May2DisneyGirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 18

Hi and congratulations! I am planning an Escape wedding right now as it seemed 1) more intimate and I don't have to invite all of my parent's friends, 2) less expensive because I would go crazy with $$ if I had all the choice in the world and 3) less stressful. Points #1 and #2 are debatable :-)
May2DisneyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
islandrunner
Earning My Ears
 
islandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by May2DisneyGirl
Hi and congratulations! I am planning an Escape wedding right now as it seemed 1) more intimate and I don't have to invite all of my parent's friends, 2) less expensive because I would go crazy with $$ if I had all the choice in the world and 3) less stressful. Points #1 and #2 are debatable :-)
That is excellent! Congratulations to you too! Thank you for the advice I would go crazy with the money too and inviting all those people you dont actually know. When is your big day?
__________________
islandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.