Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
owtrbnks
WDW ADDICT

Talking 09/16/2012 member cruise

Just booked the 4 night for Mrs. Owtrbnks and I for her birthday! Called at 8AM and MS picked up on first ring! He said I was his first caller and after 52 minutes, we were booked. Alot of time on hold while he checked and entered things, but who cares now! Think I'll go buy a lottery ticket - it's my lucky day. Good luck to everyone on hold, see ya in September!

owtrbnks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
work2play
DIS Veteran

Our experience booking was the same as yours. Relatively painless. We will be on the cruise with you, just the 2 of us, kids in college. We booked a Cat 8C.. This will be our first Disney cruise..

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
genmasjoy
Mouseketeer

Hi, It will be DH and me. His birthday is September 10 and I have wanted to do a Member cruise for some time now, so this is going to work out great. We are in a category 5D, the balcony is a must! Can't wait till we get our confirmation and cabin assignment in three weeks! Do either of you know how to get this thread included in Irish Cowboy's link to all the cruise meets?
genmasjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
work2play
DIS Veteran

I added a message in Irish Cowboy's thread to get it added.

JoAnne

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
meg8182000
Mouseketeer

My mom & I will be joining all of you on this cruise too. This will be our first members cruise and were really looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to chatting and getting to know peeps while waiting for our cruise.

meg8182000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Norm1
Mouseketeer

Hello, fellow cruisers, DW and I booked a 5A. This is our second cruise and member cruise .We were on the 2010 but skipped this year which we both regret. It seams there is a little luck in booking your first cruise. In 2010 I got through to MS in two phone calls. This year it took 2 1/2 hours with 2 phones. Very excited about this cruise we had such a good time on our first. Hoping all yours is as magical.
Norm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

HELLO!!! WERE BACK!!!!!! THIS WILL BE OUR 6th MEMBER CRUISE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK. IT WILL BE ME(IAN) AND DW LAURA. WE HAVE SAT WITH THE SAME 8 PEOPLE EVERY YEAR. CANT WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE. I HOPE SOMEONE RUNS THE FE, IF NO ONE STEPS UP I WILL DO IT.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
genmasjoy
Mouseketeer

Thanks to Irish Cowboy for adding us to the list of 2012 Dream cruises. I'm looking forward to getting the confirmation and cabin assignment, I guess in about two more weeks. For those that have been on a DVC member cruise before, what were the highlights? We love DVC, own at OKW and BLT, and have used our points in a variety of ways - for this cruise we are using them for one passenger and paying for the other.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #10
scduckman
Mouseketeer

This will be our first member cruise as well. It'll be DW and myself. DD will be a freshman in college so we can take a cruise in September. We were on the Dream in July for a 5 day double dip to Castaway Cay.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmasjoy View Post
Thanks to Irish Cowboy for adding us to the list of 2012 Dream cruises. I'm looking forward to getting the confirmation and cabin assignment, I guess in about two more weeks. For those that have been on a DVC member cruise before, what were the highlights? We love DVC, own at OKW and BLT, and have used our points in a variety of ways - for this cruise we are using them for one passenger and paying for the other.
THE HIGHLIGHTS ARE DIFFERENT ON EACH CRUISE. THE FIRST ONE WE WERE ON 5 YEARS AGO THE THEME WAS LEGENDS. THEY HAD A FEW LEGENDS AS GUESTS LIKE RICHARD SHERMAN, HE PERFORMED AND TALKED ABOUT HIS MUSIC. THEY HAD THE REAL ALICE FROM WALTS FIRST LIVE ANIMATED FEATURES. MARTY SKLAR WAS A GUEST SPEAKER. ON EACH CRUISE THEY HAVE HAD SOME AS A GUEST SINGER. WELL THIS YEAR WAS DIFFERENT. THEY HAD KERMIT THE FROG ON STAGE DO AN INTERVIEW THEN SING. ONE YEAR THEY HAD THE 3 LEADING LADIES FROM DISNEYS BROADWAY SHOWS ENTERTAIN. THE LAST COUPLE YEARS BILL FARMER (voice of goofy) WAS ON BOARD. HE AND HIS WIFE DID SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR ME. BECKY CLINE OR THE DISNEY ARCHIVES HAS BEEN ON THE LAST COUPLE CRUISES AND DOES TALKS ABOUT ITEMS IN THE ARCHIVES. THEY USUALLY SHOW ON THE TOP DECK A MOVIE THAT HASNT HIT THE THEATRES YET. I THINK IT WAS IN 2009 WE SAW THE REDONE SNOW WHITE. LAST YEAR IT WAS BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. IN 2008 LAURA AND I HAD LUNCH AT SERENITY BAY WITH VINCE PAPALI (THE FOOTBALL PLAYER THE MOVIE INVINCABLE WAS MADE ABOUT) AND HIS WIFE. I CAN GO ON AND ON. THE MEMBERS WHO SAIL ON THE CRUISE MAKE THE CRUISE SO MUCH FUN AND THE STAFF OF THE SHIP MAKE IT SPECIAL. LAURA AND I HAVE MADE SPECIAL FRIENDS FROM MASS, AND HAVE SAT WITH THEM FOR DINNER EVERY YEAR. IF YOU GET THE SAME DINING ROTATION AS US, IT WONT BE HARD TO SPOT OUR TABLE WE HAVE FUN!!!! OK IVE GONE ON AND ON, ANY QUESTIONS I ENJOY TRYING TO ANSWER
Old 12-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
genmasjoy
Mouseketeer

Sounds great! It will be fun to see what is in store in 2012.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
owtrbnks
WDW ADDICT

Talking

Hi JoAnne and everyone,
We too are empty nesters (sort of) DS graduated, stayed in Beantown, got married; DD graduated, moved back home and is looking for a job so she can move out!
Just me and Mrs. owtrbnks - 3rd Disney cruise, 16th overall.
Guess we'll have to plan a meet.
Mrs. owtrbnks makes lime green mickeys, I'll have her get busy so we have a bunch of "IDs" to hand out at our meet!
Still deciding if we'll go for a pre-WDW stay or not, managed to have a few points left over after booking the cruise!
Her birthday is Sept. 18th - Hope I can keep this a secret for the next 9 months! She doesn't have a clue, I'll just tell her to stock up on the green Mickey pins - you never know when we'll be headed to WDW!
Happy Holidays!!

Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtrbnks View Post
hi joanne and everyone,
we too are empty nesters (sort of) ds graduated, stayed in beantown, got married; dd graduated, moved back home and is looking for a job so she can move out!
Just me and mrs. Owtrbnks - 3rd disney cruise, 16th overall.
Guess we'll have to plan a meet.
Mrs. Owtrbnks makes lime green mickeys, i'll have her get busy so we have a bunch of "ids" to hand out at our meet!
Still deciding if we'll go for a pre-wdw stay or not, managed to have a few points left over after booking the cruise!
Her birthday is sept. 18th - hope i can keep this a secret for the next 9 months! She doesn't have a clue, i'll just tell her to stock up on the green mickey pins - you never know when we'll be headed to wdw!
happy holidays!!
just curious i notice your from upstate ny, where? We are just over the border near niagara falls
Old 12-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #15
owtrbnks
WDW ADDICT

Arrow

Sent you a PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: