Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #31
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Ok, $10 per person per day is an extremely generous food budget. That's way more than what I spend on my family!
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #32
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Ok, $10 per person per day is an extremely generous food budget. That's way more than what I spend on my family!
That means we would get $280 for the week. Man we'd be eating like kings that week! We are typically very healthy eaters (as in actually have a fruit and veggie at every lunch and dinner) although we do have some snacks around the house, but we don't even spend half that much. Although I have been told it's kind of a regional thing, I think we have a store that is very inexpensive in our area.

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #33
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Aww, I really like Lisa, so sad she gone.

I wonder if Jillian and Dolvet don't get along since she never works out with his team always Bob
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #34
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea20 View Post
I have watched this show since season 4(I've seen the first three on reruns) and I feel NBC is trying to wind it down. I was very upset when the show was not brought back in September but figured the Spring season was always a little longer..but not this one.
Every season that started in January has always had the Finale in early May. Ally announced this week that the finale for this season was on March 18th! That's only 12 shows if there are no weeks off..way too short.

I also feel something has changed in Jillian this year. She was always hard and demanding but this time she's been nasty. I've never heard her throw anyone out of "her gym" or tell them to go home as she will in the next show.

At this point. I don't know what to think.
Season 1 & 2 were 12 week seasons also.
EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #35
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

What kind of dream world do they live in if they think $280 a WEEK to feed a family of four is being on a budget.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #36
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I think the $10 a day was actually a good number. DS16 and I were talking about it today and we figure $10 a day is what the average may be on 2 fast food meals or 1 meal out. Part of the thing the BL is trying to talk about is people use the excuse that eating healthy is expensive, but people don't have a problem dropping $5 a person on one meal at McDonalds.

And going backwards, Jillian is tough, she doesn't pull any punches. But I think she is "mean" for a few reasons. One is she is not going to baby anyone, babying and staying within their comfort zone is what got people where they were in the first place. Plus she wants to weed out the people who don't really want to be there. Some are going to give up, some are going to get pissed and fight back. Some are going to throw in the towel when she says they are weak, etc. Some are going to say, "I'll show you" and then they do.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #37
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
And going backwards, Jillian is tough, she doesn't pull any punches. But I think she is "mean" for a few reasons. One is she is not going to baby anyone, babying and staying within their comfort zone is what got people where they were in the first place. Plus she wants to weed out the people who don't really want to be there. Some are going to give up, some are going to get pissed and fight back. Some are going to throw in the towel when she says they are weak, etc. Some are going to say, "I'll show you" and then they do.
ITA and I really like Jillian. (I do like Bob & Dolvett too! ) Jillian is tough when she needs to be tough, but she really has a heart of gold and genuinely cares about the contestants.

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #38
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I have never watched this show up until about two weeks ago. I wanted to see the workout schedules so I could see what works best.

Anyway. I was watching an episode where they were having an obstacle relay course on a football field. It looked like so much fun to me. I think I would love being in the biggest loser- just to do the challenges. Instead I have to create them myself. This is why I like team sports. Mutual accountability.

It all seems quite hard on the show. Wish I would have watched years ago.
runsandjumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

I have several of Jillian's workout DVD's. They kick your butt. And the motivational things she says in the show are similar to how she trains. She's a drill sergeant in them and expects you to workout hard to get the most of your workout. I notice so many times on the show there are Jillian-isms that she repeats to motivate as a trainer ("Don't phone it in!"). That's just her style. And when she sees someone not working as hard as they could be, she wants you to want it even more. Love Jillian Michaels!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #40
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I think the $10 a day was actually a good number. DS16 and I were talking about it today and we figure $10 a day is what the average may be on 2 fast food meals or 1 meal out. Part of the thing the BL is trying to talk about is people use the excuse that eating healthy is expensive, but people don't have a problem dropping $5 a person on one meal at McDonalds.
That's a great point! FTR, I think that we spend about $10 per person per day in our house. I guess that means we eat like kings, LOL. I eat meat every day and we eat nice steaks or fresh fish on the weekends and I hate leftovers. My DD is also a vegetarian so I end up cooking two meals per night most nights.

Did anyone notice the pants the women were wearing in their workouts? They seemed very high waisted like maternity pants. I wonder if that is to support their bellies. They are different than the "weigh-in" pants.

Sorry to see Lisa go. I liked her better than Francelina. I do really like Jackson, though.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #41
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I love this show! I discovered it last year and am thinking of getting past season series to watch. Do you think that is weird? I was disappointed Lisa went home. I liked her and oddly enough I like the whiner lawyer though I don't know why. Jackson I can't take....But I hope the girl on the white team makes it! she seems so motivated....

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Live Finale tonight ....starting now! On the east coast anyway.

If anyone is still watching.

You are all probably watching Dancing With the Stars.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #43
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB
Live Finale tonight ....starting now! On the east coast anyway.

If anyone is still watching.

You are all probably watching Dancing With the Stars.
Sure am!

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #44
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Hope Dani wins
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #45
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I am DVRing DWTS to watch tomorrow! Have to watch this finale live! Love the 3rd person in, but I'm still rooting for Danni to win it all!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: