Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #16
Pembo
OH-IO

I was kind of surprised at the treadmill set at 5. That's really FAST! I would think that if you're just starting out, you go a bit slower but then again this is reality tv.

What do you think of the kids? And not to be harsh but B I I NGO. Everyone knows the song, b i n g o and bingo was his name-o.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

I think Bingo's adorable! I look forward to seeing his and the two girls transformation at the end of the season. Hopefully this will be a good start to the help in ending childhood obesity.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #18
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

The White Team may think that Jillian is too hard - but they have faced elimination twice now and have lost twice. If they don't get their act together really fast, there won't be a White Team to worry about.

Personally, I love Jillian. Over the years, she has had great results. People that stick with it, love her too for what she has done for them.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like

Is this the official Biggest Loser thread? I couldn't find any other one...

Nobody has anything to say about the season so far?

I wonder about that "junk room" the blue team had to spend four and a half hours in every day. Were they absolutely forbidden to exercise at all? Because I kept thinking they could still move around and do some jumping jacks or crunches or SOMETHING...

If they weren't allowed to do that, then why didn't they play with the air hockey table, foosball, or pinball machines instead of just laying around like bumps on a log. You can work up a sweat with those games even if it's not a hardcore Bob Harper workout. If they were a part of the room, surely they weren't forbidden to play them.

I guess it was all a fake setup to prove some kind of point about how kids sit around and do nothing all day.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #20
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post

I wonder about that "junk room" the blue team had to spend four and a half hours in every day. Were they absolutely forbidden to exercise at all? Because I kept thinking they could still move around and do some jumping jacks or crunches or SOMETHING...

If they weren't allowed to do that, then why didn't they play with the air hockey table, foosball, or pinball machines instead of just laying around like bumps on a log. You can work up a sweat with those games even if it's not a hardcore Bob Harper workout. If they were a part of the room, surely they weren't forbidden to play them.

I guess it was all a fake setup to prove some kind of point about how kids sit around and do nothing all day.
I agree they should have been exercisng everyday in there
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
willowsnn3
Tagless but proud

Quote:

I don't think exercising was allowed. My thoughts were that they should have just used those 4 hours as bedtime then exercised later at night when they would have been sleeping.

Book Challenge Goal 31/72
willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #22
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

If they had played foosball or air hockey, they would have at least burned some calories - those games can get intense.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
maslex
DIS Veteran

WTH. My DVR never taped this week's episode. What day is it on this season?
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

Well they may have been playing the games part of the time, but of course for the dramatic effect on the show they only showed them laying around
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
WTH. My DVR never taped this week's episode. What day is it on this season?
It is on Monday nights now at 8:00-10:00
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #26
AmericangirlinFrance
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah - I also wondered that too. I assume they weren't allowed to exercise, but they never said that and it didn't really make sense. Sometimes the "twists" on BL are kind of interesting, but this one just seemed kind of dumb.

And, my pet peeve - why in the heck is the kid's name B I I N G O? With two I's? Can he not spell or is it supposed to represent something?? And what sort of a nickname is "Bingo" anyway? Sorry, it is driving me crazy.

I was sad to see Kate go home this week, I liked her. She had a very positive attitude.

Last comment for the week: I really hope there's a challenge or workout soon that involves Dolvett participating without a shirt on.

Florida residents!
AmericangirlinFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
willowsnn3
Tagless but proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericangirlinFrance View Post
Yeah - I also wondered that too. I assume they weren't allowed to exercise, but they never said that and it didn't really make sense. Sometimes the "twists" on BL are kind of interesting, but this one just seemed kind of dumb.

And, my pet peeve - why in the heck is the kid's name B I I N G O? With two I's? Can he not spell or is it supposed to represent something?? And what sort of a nickname is "Bingo" anyway? Sorry, it is driving me crazy.

I was sad to see Kate go home this week, I liked her. She had a very positive attitude.

Last comment for the week: I really hope there's a challenge or workout soon that involves Dolvett participating without a shirt on.
Bob made the statement that they were not allowed to exercise when he was on his way to see them in the room.

Book Challenge Goal 31/72
willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #28
maslex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
It is on Monday nights now at 8:00-10:00
Thanks!
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #29
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

I have never watched the show in my life until this season and honestly, if more people were as direct and aggressive as Jillian, obesity probably wouldn't be as bad. I love her style, she's tough and she should be tough and honestly, if you don't want to put your wholeself into it, you are wasting her time (and any trainers for that matter).

Honesty hurts sometimes but she's not being honest to hurt them, she's being honest that she will be tough, she will yell, she will force them beyond their comfort zone. So many of the people on there said they either have tried the gym, have tried the trainers, etc, but look the coddling didn't work.

This week, I thought there was a great stat, that what was it 75% of parents don't think their kids are obese when they are, that is a sad state. Society has become immune to what is overweight and what is obese.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #30
stevea20
Mouseketeer

Is the show dying..or being killed?

I have watched this show since season 4(I've seen the first three on reruns) and I feel NBC is trying to wind it down. I was very upset when the show was not brought back in September but figured the Spring season was always a little longer..but not this one.
Every season that started in January has always had the Finale in early May. Ally announced this week that the finale for this season was on March 18th! That's only 12 shows if there are no weeks off..way too short.

I also feel something has changed in Jillian this year. She was always hard and demanding but this time she's been nasty. I've never heard her throw anyone out of "her gym" or tell them to go home as she will in the next show.

At this point. I don't know what to think.
stevea20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: