Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

Post cruise Cocoa Beach stay

I am reposting this because I gave my original thread the wrong title. Sorry if you have already read and responded.

I want to stay in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days after our cruise in June, but would like some help with hotels. I know that we would like to be close enough to walk to the beach, so I am mainly looking at the Doubletree, Hampton Inn, and Hilton. All three of them have similar rates with Hilton Honors Rewards, the main differences being that the Hilton looks like it is right on the beach, but the Hampton has a free breakfast.

I also priced out the LaQuinta and the Four Points at about the same rate.

I looked at Ron Jon and it looks nice, but a little more pricey than I would like. Is it worth the extra expense for anyone who has stayed there before? It will be me and my 3 sons (11, 8, & 6.)

Does anyone have any input on these or any other beachfront hotels that won't break my budget?

I would like to take the boys to visit Kennedy Space Center while we are there, so I am guessing I will need to rent a car when we return to the port and a hotel shuttle will not be necessary.

erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

I am doing the same thing post cruise and would also love opinions.
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
I am reposting this because I gave my original thread the wrong title. Sorry if you have already read and responded.

I want to stay in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days after our cruise in June, but would like some help with hotels. I know that we would like to be close enough to walk to the beach, so I am mainly looking at the Doubletree, Hampton Inn, and Hilton. All three of them have similar rates with Hilton Honors Rewards, the main differences being that the Hilton looks like it is right on the beach, but the Hampton has a free breakfast.

I also priced out the LaQuinta and the Four Points at about the same rate.

I looked at Ron Jon and it looks nice, but a little more pricey than I would like. Is it worth the extra expense for anyone who has stayed there before? It will be me and my 3 sons (11, 8, & 6.)

Does anyone have any input on these or any other beachfront hotels that won't break my budget?

I would like to take the boys to visit Kennedy Space Center while we are there, so I am guessing I will need to rent a car when we return to the port and a hotel shuttle will not be necessary.
I have stayed at the 4 Points and will stay their again. It is about 1 1/2 blocks from the beach. It is right next door to the Ron Jon Surf Shop and it is across the street from Walgreens.

I loved Cocoa Beach and look forward to hanging out on the beach before our cruise over Easter.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
slindamood
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Cocoa Beach after a cruise and have been going back for 10 years now.

LaQuinta is right on the beach. Balconies overlooking the water, can hear the ocean. Also right next to the pier for lots of action and some good eats. About a block to the grocery store and several restaurants nearby. It is my choice for a hotel .

Only a few of Ron jon's rooms are on the beach and those are not as close to the water as LaQuinta - the rest are a good walk away or you can ride in the golf cart shuttle - it is a bit isolated in my opinion and not the place to stay if you want the beach. You really have to use a car to get anywhere.

Hilton is interesting as a beachfront hotel because it does not have balconies. A big negative for me. No way to hear the ocean. it is on the beach but the location is not my favorite.
November 2007 Thanksgiving Wonder
August 2007 Westbound Transatlantic Magic
November 2005 Thanksgiving Wonder
December 2002 pre-Christmas Magic
December 2001 Christmas Magic
DVC member since 1998 - BoardWalk Villas
slindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
sgc1107
sgc1107

We just got back Saturday from our cruise and drove down and stayed the night before at the comfort Inn it was very nice and clean, good breakfast too! We had balcony with ocean view from hotel you could be on the beach in about 3min!! We used their park & cruise package for 1 night in king suite we paid somewhere around $150!

From our balcony the morning we boarded!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input! I'm relieved to hear that Ron Jon is further out, I can cross it off my list and not feel bad. Interesting that the Hilton has no balconies, I kind of noticed that in the picture, but thought I was missing something. I will have to look at LaQuinta a bit closer, I like the idea that it is close to a lot of things to do.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post

Beautiful!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in 2011 and were very pleased. It is not right on the beach, you do have to walk down a short path. The hotel is updated and we were impressed with the deal we got! Have fun!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
cindymindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
Beautiful!
Great photo!
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
pillow
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Doubletree for a night pre cruise. I liked that it was oceanfront and we could walk right out to the beach. Very nice hotel. Our rate was great too - $108 I think. Downside is that they don't do free breakfast unless you're on the concierge floor.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
policycobb
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the La Quinta in July and loved it. Right on the beach within walking distance to the Cocoa Beach Spa, Dunkin Donuts, the Publix, restaurants and gift shops. The rooms have wood laminate floors which were nice with the sand.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: