Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Ticket Purchases

Leaning towards purchasing tickets through undercover tourist. Have never done so before and wanted some feedback on the buy 3 days, get 2 free scenario. Would hate to buy 3 days (with 2 free) thinking I have 5 days and get to the gate and only have 3. Anyone purchase tickets from them with the "free day" upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
mnmhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
Leaning towards purchasing tickets through undercover tourist. Have never done so before and wanted some feedback on the buy 3 days, get 2 free scenario. Would hate to buy 3 days (with 2 free) thinking I have 5 days and get to the gate and only have 3. Anyone purchase tickets from them with the "free day" upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
I've bought tickets from them before. If you take a good look at their website, the 5-day tickets are the same price as the "buy 4 days get 1 day free" tickets. I don't see any tickets that offer 5 days for the price of 3.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy tickets from them again. But if you're worried about the bonus days not being on the tickets like they advertised, then just buy the 5-day tickets instead.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

OMG! You're right. Thanks so much. That's very odd!!

I'm looking at the 3 day water park and more with 2 days free, but yeah, your're right the 5 day wp&m is the exact same price.

Thanks again.

One more question, what format is the ticket in? I've only ever had tix that were part of a package. Do they give you a voucher or a ticket card (like the key to the world card?) Is there a way to link it to your room key once we get there or do we have to carry both pieces at all times?
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
mnmhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
OMG! You're right. Thanks so much. That's very odd!!

I'm looking at the 3 day water park and more with 2 days free, but yeah, your're right the 5 day wp&m is the exact same price.

Thanks again.

One more question, what format is the ticket in? I've only ever had tix that were part of a package. Do they give you a voucher or a ticket card (like the key to the world card?) Is there a way to link it to your room key once we get there or do we have to carry both pieces at all times?
You will get actual tickets but they are printed on Tyvek. It will look like cardboard but it is much more durable. You can have a CM add the tickets to you room key at the hotel if you want to have everything on one "card" (soon to be an RFID bracelet).

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
mummabear
DIS Veteran

We lost our tickets on our 2nd day one trip and because we purchased them direct from Disney we were able to replace them, they told me if we bought them from someone else they wouldnt have been able too-just fyi
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
We lost our tickets on our 2nd day one trip and because we purchased them direct from Disney we were able to replace them, they told me if we bought them from someone else they wouldnt have been able too-just fyi
This is completely untrue. Undercover Tourist is an authorize reseller and buying tickets from them is just like buying from disney.

Replacing tickets is much easier is you have the numbers from the back of the ticket. Always take a pic of the back of your ticket and keep it on your phone.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
~Kristina~
DIS Veteran

I only buy tickets through them and am very happy with the service and cost.

November 21-28, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Summer 2016
~Kristina~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
~Kristina~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Replacing tickets is much easier is you have the numbers from the back of the ticket. Always take a pic of the back of your ticket and keep it on your phone.
And I'll be taking pictures from now on. Thanks.

November 21-28, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Summer 2016
~Kristina~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia

This is completely untrue. Undercover Tourist is an authorize reseller and buying tickets from them is just like buying from disney.

Sorry to jump in here but if thats the case do you know can you add the water park and/or hopper option to your MYW ticket if you buy from Undercover Tourist?

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Sorry to jump in here but if thats the case do you know can you add the water park and/or hopper option to your MYW ticket if you buy from Undercover Tourist?
Yes. They can be upgraded exactly the same as tickets bought from Disney. Tickets from UT and regular tickets from Disney work exactly the same way.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: