Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
ers26
Earning My Ears

Transportation to the Country Inn and Suites at the Port from MCO

Hi All,

My family is staying at the Country Inn and Suites the night before our cruise on the Fantasy. Our plane isn't scheduled to arrive in Orlando until 8:40 PM. I am trying to figure out what my best option would be for transportation to our hotel at the port?

There are only 3 of us traveling, and I am not sure if our late arrival time will have any impact on what options we may have for transportation. I was hoping to get some suggestions from my fellow Disney Cruisers.

We booked the Disney Cruise Line Shuttle post cruise, so the pre-cuise transportation to the port hotel is the last loose end that I need to tie up for our trip!
ers26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Mitzzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers26
Hi All,

My family is staying at the Country Inn and Suites the night before our cruise on the Fantasy. Our plane isn't scheduled to arrive in Orlando until 8:40 PM. I am trying to figure out what my best option would be for transportation to our hotel at the port?

There are only 3 of us traveling, and I am not sure if our late arrival time will have any impact on what options we may have for transportation. I was hoping to get some suggestions from my fellow Disney Cruisers.

We booked the Disney Cruise Line Shuttle post cruise, so the pre-cuise transportation to the port hotel is the last loose end that I need to tie up for our trip!
We are staying at the same hotel for our
February 21 cruise, flying in the day before around 4pm and we are taking the free hotel shuttle to the hotel and then we will take it back to the airport in the morning to get our Disney transfers to the port.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
ers26
Earning My Ears

Hi Mitzzie,

Are you sure the Country Inn and Suites at Port Canaveral has a shuttle from MCO to the hotel? I didn't see anything about an airport shuttle on their website?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
zacaronius
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers26
Hi Mitzzie,

Are you sure the Country Inn and Suites at Port Canaveral has a shuttle from MCO to the hotel? I didn't see anything about an airport shuttle on their website?
We are staying at the cs&i and I believe their website says they do not have a shuttle from mco to the hotel. They do however have a shuttle from the hotel to the port. We are coming in the day before and renting a car to drive from mco to the hotel, although we are going to be early enough that we have some side trips planned that day.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

They have a shuttle to the cruise port; I'm not aware of one to MCO.

You'll need to rent a car (cheapest option and you won't need to use CI&S shuttle in the morning to the terminal as you can use the car rental place's shuttle), towncar/limo service, or a service such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Hertz and Budget are within about a block of the hotel and there is a Racetrac gas station right there to fill it up before returning. Discount rental coupons are available at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com

Your other option would be a hotel in the MCO area that provides cruise transportation as well as a shuttle to/from MCO. I'm personally aware of the Hyatt Place NW, and the Wyngate and I've read here that the Hampton is now offering such a plan.

Last edited by kcashner; 01-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
1KKH
Earning My Ears

We just did this- rented a car (cheapest at the time was Budget- but almost had to go back for a larger car- because the bags were a very tight squeeze)- drove to Country I and S....We chose to actually return the car to the rental agency in the morning. It was a 10 minute walk back for my husband- easy and plenty of time as the hotel shuttle doesn't leave until 10:30. We were on that first shuttle (called early on the day of check-in to reserve) and were in the terminal before 11:00. It just seemed easy to us to get rid of the car and take the shuttle.
1KKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Mitzzie
Mouseketeer

I am sorry I thought you were staying in the country inn&suites at the Orlando airport. I misread. We are staying in Orlando for the night and then going to the port. Sorry
Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
RHuskers
Earning My Ears

We stayed there and rented a car from Hertz. They have a location almost in the hotel parking lot. We were able to return the car there in the morning and their shuttle driver took all three of us to the port terminal. It was really convenient and didn't cost a ton either.
RHuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHuskers
We stayed there and rented a car from Hertz. They have a location almost in the hotel parking lot. We were able to return the car there in the morning and their shuttle driver took all three of us to the port terminal. It was really convenient and didn't cost a ton either.
This is what we're doing in June. Go a one way hertz rental from MCO to PC with a AAA rate (and free car seat).

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
ers26
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your advice. So, it looks like the most economical way to get to the port would be the one way car rental. But for the sake of convenience, has anyone used any shuttle services or private car service to get to your port hotel from the airport?

With us arriving kind of late to the airport, I might be inclined to use a service instead of renting a car. I am thinking for 3 people, a shuttle or private car service might not be that much more expensive than the rental car option? Anyone have experience with this?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers26 View Post
Thanks everyone for your advice. So, it looks like the most economical way to get to the port would be the one way car rental. But for the sake of convenience, has anyone used any shuttle services or private car service to get to your port hotel from the airport?

With us arriving kind of late to the airport, I might be inclined to use a service instead of renting a car. I am thinking for 3 people, a shuttle or private car service might not be that much more expensive than the rental car option? Anyone have experience with this?
check out Happy Limo and Tiffany Town Cars. They'll cost more than a rental car but when you're tired from traveling all day and don't want to drive, they're sooo worth it. Especially when the driver takes care of your luggage, and the car is waiting in an enclosed, covered parking area on a stormy(!) night.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
HoustonMom1
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great info!

What's the least expensive way to get back to the Orlando airport when the cruise is over?
HoustonMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: