Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #886
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

I used to help people with their debt (family and friends), below is a link to a post I wrote to help those with debt cut down on expenses. Hope it helps.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3110880&page=2
Theaberdeenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #887
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
So I haven't been on here in a while and I must admit I fell off the wagon a little bit. March- now has been hard to make extra payments on the cc and I had to buy new clothes for my NEW JOB!!!! I am so excited they called yesterday and officially offered me the sales position! This could potentially double my income in a year! I have to wait until the first week in June for training and then 5 weeks before I start making commissions checks but I am so thrilled!!!! I am so happy to be getting out of the server job I have right now (not bad $ or hours but I am sick of doing it and dealing with cheap people) Hopefully by the end of the year I will be on track or better to be completely out of debt!
Congrats on your new job!!!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #888
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Two more payments on my small loan, and dh has one more on his.
That will free up about $270 a month between the two.
Can not wait....but I'm sure something else will come up!!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #889
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom47 View Post
Way to go!!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #890
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Way to go!!
Thanks for the encouragement!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #891
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Thank you so much Jenny105 and Gracie1! I am so excited to start something new that could potentially make us some big Disney spending$$$$! And isn't that why we all work!!!! I feel like our debt could be done by middle of next year except for a car payment that is looming in the , I have no payment now but I have a 11 year old van with 155k miles on it and the body is rusting pretty bad due to all the salt in the winter around here. Still runs good but getting older and uglier everyday!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #892
Doodlebug939
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom47 View Post
That is so great! I am really happy for you. This month I wont be paying anything off just same old normal payments (which does reduce debt technically) BUT I am making extra payments on a card that I am hoping will be done in July. The monthly payments are not that much but with me paying extra if I can steam roll that total amount onto the next bill then I will be on track for another one being paid off by sometime in the early fall.

I am hopeful that it will work out! I just have to tell you that it feels great to have a plan. Something as simple as a game plan can change my whole attitude.
Doodlebug939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #893
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug939 View Post
That is so great! I am really happy for you. This month I wont be paying anything off just same old normal payments (which does reduce debt technically) BUT I am making extra payments on a card that I am hoping will be done in July. The monthly payments are not that much but with me paying extra if I can steam roll that total amount onto the next bill then I will be on track for another one being paid off by sometime in the early fall.

I am hopeful that it will work out! I just have to tell you that it feels great to have a plan. Something as simple as a game plan can change my whole attitude.
Great job doodlebug! (I love your screen name!). July is right around the corner. Once I was able to pay the one off and roll it onto another, it really made a difference in not only seeing the balance go down, but making me want to get things paid off!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #894
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Thank you so much Jenny105 and Gracie1! I am so excited to start something new that could potentially make us some big Disney spending$$$$! And isn't that why we all work!!!! I feel like our debt could be done by middle of next year except for a car payment that is looming in the , I have no payment now but I have a 11 year old van with 155k miles on it and the body is rusting pretty bad due to all the salt in the winter around here. Still runs good but getting older and uglier everyday!
I know the feeling, my car will be 11 years old in July, and I keep thinking that will be the next expense.
Have you booked your Disney vacation? I still have not. I was planning on booking it as a gift to myself for getting out of debt, but cannot seem to justify spending the money on the outrageous airfare.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #895
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:

I know the feeling, my car will be 11 years old in July, and I keep thinking that will be the next expense.
Have you booked your Disney vacation? I still have not. I was planning on booking it as a gift to myself for getting out of debt, but cannot seem to justify spending the money on the outrageous airfare.
What IS going on with the dang air fair prices....we are booked for October and may bite the bullet and drive because the flights are not dropping at ALL. I live in Indy and usually use Air Tran. Every other time we have snagged cheap flights but now NOTHING.....really irritated!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #896
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
What IS going on with the dang air fair prices....we are booked for October and may bite the bullet and drive because the flights are not dropping at ALL. I live in Indy and usually use Air Tran. Every other time we have snagged cheap flights but now NOTHING.....really irritated!
I know! I really wanted to go in December to see it decorated for Christmas, because I am a huge Christmas nut!! I originally picked Dec 1 - 6th and the airfare if $510 pp (I only live in Delaware - 2 hr 20 min flight). If I were to pick another day, like before or after it's still running $264 pp. I just have a hard time paying that kind of price.
I'm thinking of just staying home and maybe going to Hershey to see the lights, or to Williamsburg Va for their lights
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #897
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:

I know! I really wanted to go in December to see it decorated for Christmas, because I am a huge Christmas nut!! I originally picked Dec 1 - 6th and the airfare if $510 pp (I only live in Delaware - 2 hr 20 min flight). If I were to pick another day, like before or after it's still running $264 pp. I just have a hard time paying that kind of price.
I'm thinking of just staying home and maybe going to Hershey to see the lights, or to Williamsburg Va for their lights
Ahhhh the lights....we have never been during Christmas because I am a retail manager...so I live at work during December and PTO is blacked out...however I have been in real early Jan, saw Osbourne lights and decorations were still up and Christmas music playing, I wonder if that would be cheaper for your airfare?
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #898
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
Ahhhh the lights....we have never been during Christmas because I am a retail manager...so I live at work during December and PTO is blacked out...however I have been in real early Jan, saw Osbourne lights and decorations were still up and Christmas music playing, I wonder if that would be cheaper for your airfare?
That's a thought! I will have to look into that. Maybe the very first week. We went to Disney 4 years ago in October and did the Halloween festivities and loved that! Just 4 years ago a r/t flight was like $110!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #899
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

No gracie1 I have not booked yet, we are waiting for the winter deal to come out, in 2011 when we last went (late January-early Feb) it was 30% off the mods or free dining so I'm hoping for something like that again! Also with this new job I hope I can take the time off. You did a great job dumping your debt and you deserve to see the Christmas lights, please go and reward yourself! The airfare is crazy, that's why we drive from around Buffalo, NY all the way to sunny FL, with 5 of us I would not be able to afford the airfare prices!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #900
aclov
DIS Veteran

What I decided to do and did a few years back is get a 401k loan to pay off my cc's about 4k. Some may consider this not a smart move but at 4.25% and paying myself back thru payroll deduction is better for me. The key is not charging back up or paying it off right away!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: