Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #841
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

I'm so happy to come back to this thread and see everyone doing well - great job!!
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #842
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran
 
SnowWhite09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 872

Bump
__________________
SnowWhite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #843
Sagginit
DIS Veteran
 
Sagginit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: north NJ
Posts: 1,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCourxCorex View Post
Thank you! I despise Sallie Mae lol. The online payments are impossible to figure out (seriously it's 2013 how do you not have an option for a one-time payment that doesn't interfere with an automatic debit??)... and then one time, I mailed a check with specific instructions to put it only towards that one smaller loan... what do they do ? Equally disperse it to all four.
I cannot wait until she is out of my life for good
i have had the same struggles with them the last three years. it's not that they can't do these things, they don't want to make it easy for us. i am sending out a check today for the subloan i am working on. i should have it paid off by the end of may and can then snowball that into another subloan.

i hate the way they lower my monthly payments as i pay off loans. the one nice thing they did is after not processing a payment correctly they separated the subloan i have been working on so it wouldnt be possible to distribute my extra payments towards the other loans.
__________________
*1997 Wilderness Lodge * 1998 Cornado Springs * 2009 Port Orleans * 2010 Caribbean Beach *2013 Caribbean Beach *
Sagginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #844
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states
 
Grumpy's Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cheers! Where everybody knows your name.
Posts: 4,956

I'm interested to hear from others who have taken out a federal parent PLUS loan for their child's college education.

Did you start paying it off immediately when your child was in college? or did you pay "yourself" and then after they graduated, have a large lump sum of money to use for a payment.

Any advice is appreciated! I hate debt.....
__________________
Sippin' tea, readin' the Dis...
Grumpy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #845
gjl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 295

Removed

Last edited by gjl; 01-21-2014 at 09:04 PM.
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #846
milwaukeemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82

I'm not getting very far with our debt -- had a nice car repair bill today -- why am I never prepared for those
__________________
Michelle

Our one & only trip -- July 2012, Shades of Green
milwaukeemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #847
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemommy View Post
I'm not getting very far with our debt -- had a nice car repair bill today -- why am I never prepared for those
I feel your pain about car repair bills. I am never prepared for what it costs either! I tell myself to be glad it's a one time bill, because my car is paid for. And every year I normally have a big bill in November!! Of course before the holidays!!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #848
milwaukeemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82

I know, it's better than a car payment. We haven't had a car payment in YEARS. I think it hit me hard because we recently received yet another hospital bill for my husband's surgery, & it irks me because that surgery was in October. I thought we had received all the bills & I set up a payment plan. To get hit with another $600 bill 6 months later is just rude LOL. AND our homeowners insurance is due next month - something I totally forgot about when doing our budget. I just started doing a budget 2 months ago so still finding things I need to add to it. And it's never little things

I am just a Debbie Debt Downer today!
__________________
Michelle

Our one & only trip -- July 2012, Shades of Green
milwaukeemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #849
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemommy View Post
I know, it's better than a car payment. We haven't had a car payment in YEARS. I think it hit me hard because we recently received yet another hospital bill for my husband's surgery, & it irks me because that surgery was in October. I thought we had received all the bills & I set up a payment plan. To get hit with another $600 bill 6 months later is just rude LOL. AND our homeowners insurance is due next month - something I totally forgot about when doing our budget. I just started doing a budget 2 months ago so still finding things I need to add to it. And it's never little things

I am just a Debbie Debt Downer today!
You deserve to be a Debbie debt downer today!! I don't understand why it takes a hospital 6 months to get a bill out. I think when a patient calls in to set up a payment plan they should have everything in their system!! But that's just my two cents. Normally every time I get on track something unexpected will pop up.
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #850
Doodlebug939
DIS Veteran
 
Doodlebug939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 740

We have been plugging along. I have to admit that I lost my focus for the month. I wanted to pay off debt but didnt keep my eye on the ball like I had in previous months. We are not any worse off and the normal payments that I have made did make some progress. So I am going to look at my May Budget and see where I am going to target my efforts.

Well I did pay off a tiny bill this month. My husband charged something on our Sears card (it is the oldest card that we have and rarely use but dont want to loose the card history) I divided up what he charged into a few months and paid it off this month. It was even better because we had 90 days same as cash so that worked. But it is done.

I think that now I am feeling a little a little frustrated because the stuff we have now is bigger and will take a few months to tackle. I am an instant gratification kind of girl. But I am resolved to move forward and get back on track!!!!

How are you guys moving forward in May?????
Doodlebug939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #851
redsonja76
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 190

Well my hubs just deployed so we should be able to pay off a good amount while he is gone. We spent a lot right before he left so I am ready for payday tomorrow! I miss him though, so it sucks. Silver lining though, just keep silver lining things.
__________________
redsonja76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #852
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug939 View Post
We have been plugging along. I have to admit that I lost my focus for the month. I wanted to pay off debt but didnt keep my eye on the ball like I had in previous months. We are not any worse off and the normal payments that I have made did make some progress. So I am going to look at my May Budget and see where I am going to target my efforts.

Well I did pay off a tiny bill this month. My husband charged something on our Sears card (it is the oldest card that we have and rarely use but dont want to loose the card history) I divided up what he charged into a few months and paid it off this month. It was even better because we had 90 days same as cash so that worked. But it is done.

I think that now I am feeling a little a little frustrated because the stuff we have now is bigger and will take a few months to tackle. I am an instant gratification kind of girl. But I am resolved to move forward and get back on track!!!!

How are you guys moving forward in May?????

Don't feel frustrated at the bigger bills. Look at the bright side, you have one cc paid off That is one less bill that you know have. And the other ones you say are going to take a few months to pay off, but you will have them paid off and then be completely debt free!! Don't look at the fact that it's going to take 4 months until the next bill is paid off as a negative, look at it in a positive. I was like that, thinking it's going to take a year to pay off my cc, so what's adding another month to it. But then I changed my outlook and got completely out of cc debt, and have saved enough cash to pay for a 5 night Disney trip the first week of December! That is a gift to myself for all the hard work!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #853
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,089

bumping
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #854
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 686

Finished our income tax and it looks like we will be getting about $3000 back. $1000 will go in emerg. fund and $2000 towards debt.

It will be nice next year when we can use our income tax for something fun (like a trip) or new flooring, or some landscaping, or or or .... LOL. anything besides debt!

Now that I typed that out, I probably just jinxed it. We will have a sudden vehicle repair bill or the washing machine will konk out.
__________________
me dh dd ds dsd dsd's first trip!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #855
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
Finished our income tax and it looks like we will be getting about $3000 back. $1000 will go in emerg. fund and $2000 towards debt.

It will be nice next year when we can use our income tax for something fun (like a trip) or new flooring, or some landscaping, or or or .... LOL. anything besides debt!

Now that I typed that out, I probably just jinxed it. We will have a sudden vehicle repair bill or the washing machine will konk out.
I was just thinking the same thing about my taxes next year! It will be nice to put half in savings and the other half towards a trip. However, like you something unexpected will probably pop up and use the vacation money!!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: