Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #586
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diet Dr Chill View Post
I wish I did. Technically this is a three paycheck month, but our rent is due on the 15th and the check has to be mailed by the 10th. The fee for being late is...let's not talk about it. Anyway, it really messes those 'three check' months up. To understand better, here is my rent payment schedule. I divide all monthly expenses in half and each check covers its half. The rent is $1200.

Feb 15 - $600 for March 15-Apr 15
March 1 - $600 for March 15-Apr 15 (check mailed out)
March 15 - $600 for Apr 15 - May 15
March 29 - $600 for Apr 15 - May 15 (check mailed out)
April 12 - $600 for May 15 - Jun 15
April 26 - $600 for May 15- Jun 15 (check mailed out)
May 10 - RENT FREE
May 24 - $600 for Jun 15 - July 15
Jun 7 - $600 for Jun 15 - July 15 (check mailed out)

So even though there are only two paychecks in May, I only have to use one check that month to cover its half of the rent. For all of my other expenses, March IS a three check month. It's a mess.

I can't even enjoy eating out anymore because all I think of is how much cheaper it would have been to make everything at home. Ruins the whole 'experience'. I spend around $20-$30 a month and it all comes out of blow money. There is no budget item for eating out.
I feel your pain! Our mortgage comes out every pay, so we don't get a break when there's an extra cheque in the month. I guess our break will come when we pay off our mortage earlier! LOL

I'm the same way with eating out. Which is probably why we don't do it often! LOL

Just got an unexpected cheque today for $130. Used it to pay off a small amount on one CC and put the rest on our last CC. I love checking my online statements and seeing it going down, and nothing being added to it.

I'm really proud of my dh who has really stepped up to the plate with this too. I think when I showed him how much we are putting towards debt, which could be going towards trips or a golf membership (that's how you reel em in - throw the word golf membership out there! LOL) he had his WOW moment, and is anxious to get rid of it.

Keep up the good work everyone. Sending out positive vibes that nothing unexpected comes up!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #587
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I love seeing the debt go down!!!! I'm waiting on my flex money for dd's Feb ortho payment and I just paid off the final payment on her braces so I sent that in today. I will be getting a total of $188 back . I will use $128 of it to pay off my small debt on costco card.

Nextweeks check will pay my final car payment, Then I will only have 2 smaller cc and 1 larger cc. Hoping it all should be paid off by the end of April. Next we will tackle dh's debt
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #588
gracie1
DIS Veteran

You guys are doing a great job!!! I am still waiting on my state refund to put towards my cc. Hopefully it comes in within the next week or so. I don't think they want to part with the money
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 AM   #589
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Bump
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #590
milwaukeemommy
Mouseketeer

Got our state refund yesterday, now waiting for federal. Wonder how much longer that will take - I'd heard longer than usual. Tomorrow we both get paid (I only get paid every other week, so the 2 paycheck weeks are AWESOME) & hubby worked lots of OT last week which is a good thing. None this week though so next week will be hard - no OT AND 1 pay check. I'm going to be doing lots of bill paying tomorrow night so we'll have nothing next week (cross your fingers - every time I say that something unexpected comes up!)

Our one & only trip -- July 2012, Shades of Green
milwaukeemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #591
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Called DirecTV yesterday to get our bill down. We dropped HBO and enrolled in Autopay to save us another $10 a month. It's still higher than I would like (I think they're a ripoff!) but we are in contract until October so we're sticking it out until then!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #592
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Everyone is doing a great job!!! I'm still waiting on my state refund. The website says it could take 4-6 weeks, so we will see. It has never taken longer than 2 weeks before. Oh well, something to look forward to I guess I get paid next week so plan on dumping most of the paycheck on my cc.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #593
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Everyone is doing a great job!!! I'm still waiting on my state refund. The website says it could take 4-6 weeks, so we will see. It has never taken longer than 2 weeks before. Oh well, something to look forward to I guess I get paid next week so plan on dumping most of the paycheck on my cc.
We were waiting for our state to. It was suppose to be automatically deposited but guess what came int he mail.....our state tax check Not sure why it came in the mail an not automactically deposit into our account but oh well we got it

I sent out my costco cc payment so whoo hoo. getting closer to getting all card paid
Old 03-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #594
pianokey
Mouseketeer

We got our state refund, but we owed federal this year. But now, our tax bill is paid in full, hooray!

Back to paying off the debt and still on track to pay off the credit card in May.

My husband is also in a wedding in April so trying to cash flow that as much as possible.

Thanks for all of the support on this thread.
DCL - 3rd Anniversary 09/13 - Fantasy
pianokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #595
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokey View Post
We got our state refund, but we owed federal this year. But now, our tax bill is paid in full, hooray!

Back to paying off the debt and still on track to pay off the credit card in May.

My husband is also in a wedding in April so trying to cash flow that as much as possible.

Your doing a great job!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #596
Doodlebug939
DIS Veteran

Another one bites the dust. I took a job doing taxes this season in order to pay off my kids braces (our portion). Two in braces at the same time is a real killer. Anyway I have been working on this sole plan since I started working in January. Yesturday I am proud to say that I finally paid both of them off. It was driving me crazy that every month they charged our fees to our credit card and I felt like I was spinning my wheels and if a charge needed to be made to card that it only added to the debt.

So here I am almost at the end of tax season. (As a first year I dont work on the really hard stuff so my hours are about 20 hours a week at best and just gets lower as it gets closer to April 15th) And I made a promise to myself that I wouldnt spend any of my work money for anything else but braces because the job is seasonal and I didnt want to get used to the money being there.

Feeling accomplished today! How are you all doing?
Doodlebug939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #597
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug939 View Post
Another one bites the dust. I took a job doing taxes this season in order to pay off my kids braces (our portion). Two in braces at the same time is a real killer. Anyway I have been working on this sole plan since I started working in January. Yesturday I am proud to say that I finally paid both of them off. It was driving me crazy that every month they charged our fees to our credit card and I felt like I was spinning my wheels and if a charge needed to be made to card that it only added to the debt.

So here I am almost at the end of tax season. (As a first year I dont work on the really hard stuff so my hours are about 20 hours a week at best and just gets lower as it gets closer to April 15th) And I made a promise to myself that I wouldnt spend any of my work money for anything else but braces because the job is seasonal and I didnt want to get used to the money being there.

That's great! Good job on keeping to your goal.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #598
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokey View Post

I can't imagine paying federal all at once. Great job on paying it off so quick.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #599
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug939 View Post

Great job
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #600
vegasnative
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not, but I thought I would share. It's a snowball calculator. It's pretty neat to see. www.whatsthecost.com then click on the debt reduction (it's in box on left side). You can list all of your debts whether they are loans or credit cards. It will calculate it two ways for you, you can pick either by lowest to largest balance or by interest rate. Just thought I would share the site for you all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: