Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #481
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
DH paid off another credit card yesterday. 2 left and one will be done the end of march! We think we can be CC debt free by the time baby gets here!

Way to go!!! You guys are doing great
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #482
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

We paid off a small student loan this week! Now to finish paying off my van!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #483
vegasnative
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Way to go!! And your doing great with your christmas fund as well I already have a list of what I am buying this year, and have started saving as well! I have actually started shopping for a few things so I can cross them off my list. I always go out on black friday, but that shopping is for me
I have some cash saved for Christmas as well, $300. so far. It is actually a bday/Christmas fund that I pump money into every month. My families bdays all fall between late Oct-Dec., so I have to have money set aside for those at the end of the year. I did this last year for the first time ever, and what a difference having cash already ready to buy the gifts. Talk about a stress free holidays. Sounds so simple, ..."hey, save cash now for those bdays and holiday shopping coming up", yet it took me awhile to catch on. Oh well.

I'm not as good as you, no list yet. I will start writing down ideas soon though. Once I hear one of the kids mention something they like, I will write it down and keep it in my wallet.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #484
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker&belle View Post
We paid off a small student loan this week! Now to finish paying off my van!

Great job on paying off the student loan!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #485
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasnative View Post
I have some cash saved for Christmas as well, $300. so far. It is actually a bday/Christmas fund that I pump money into every month. My families bdays all fall between late Oct-Dec., so I have to have money set aside for those at the end of the year. I did this last year for the first time ever, and what a difference having cash already ready to buy the gifts. Talk about a stress free holidays. Sounds so simple, ..."hey, save cash now for those bdays and holiday shopping coming up", yet it took me awhile to catch on. Oh well.

I'm not as good as you, no list yet. I will start writing down ideas soon though. Once I hear one of the kids mention something they like, I will write it down and keep it in my wallet.

I used to be the same way, not save cash and then I would be burning up the credit cards for the holidays! I hated seeing those bills come in, because I never kept track of what I was spending! The stocking stuffers around here are normally the same each year.... bath and body works (so I hit the semi annual clearance right after christmas for the following year), razors and things like that, so I can buy those throughout the year. Normally every year my mom gets a pair of gold hoops and a purse, so if I find an exceptional deal, I pick that stuff up too!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #486
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1

Great job on paying off the student loan!
Thank you!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #487
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Bumping thread
Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #488
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Wow, everyone is doing really well! As much as I like Dave Ramsey, i also will be taking a vacation January 2014 and still be in debt!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #489
milwaukeemommy
Mouseketeer

Well I'm not doing as well as everyone else. Between a pump that needed replacing (after having water in our basement no less than 3 times in the last month) & a nail in the tire of hubby's car, it's not exactly been the frugal month I was hoping for

But good for everyone else!!!!!

Our one & only trip -- July 2012, Shades of Green
milwaukeemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #490
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemommy View Post
Well I'm not doing as well as everyone else. Between a pump that needed replacing (after having water in our basement no less than 3 times in the last month) & a nail in the tire of hubby's car, it's not exactly been the frugal month I was hoping for

This is just a small set back this month! Hopefully things get better for you next month Normally, when I have a plan, there are multiple stebacks that happen (like the nail in the tire!!)
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #491
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemommy View Post

Don't worry, February has not really been a great month for me either, I blame the shorter month with less opportunity to work! We haven't had any set backs really, just not enough shifts at work to get ahead this month. My daughter needed some new jeans so that was a small shopping trip, I wasn't expecting! Next month will be better, I just know it!!!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #492
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Don't worry, February has not really been a great month for me either, I blame the shorter month with less opportunity to work! We haven't had any set backs really, just not enough shifts at work to get ahead this month. My daughter needed some new jeans so that was a small shopping trip, I wasn't expecting! Next month will be better, I just know it!!!!!

It's surprising how just 3 days less in a month can cause such a differnece in budgeting, especially with the unexpected surprises!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #493
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

I'm on the other side. Only get paid once a month so not having three days of expenses this month means I didn't have to stretch the budget ad much.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #494
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

It definately makes a difference to me, I work as a server and if I have 3 less shifts, that a big deal to my finances! Looking for a little help on buying a fitted sheet, so I am a little bit of a snob with sheets, I like high thread count, pima cotton. I don't get new ones very often but my fitted sheet has a few rips and I need a new one. I really don't need pillow cases or the top sheet, just a nice high thread count fitted sheet. My husband bought our last set of sheets at Tuesday Morning and I love them, but they don't seem to sell just a fitted sheet, do I have to buy a set? Any favorites from anyone out there? Please don't judge my expensive taste in sheets, I drive a 11 year old van and buy my jeans at goodwill, but I really like to lay on nice sheets!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #495
clintswifeymomof4
I <3 Muscles

Danielle- Have you looked on Ebay for just a fitted sheet? Sometimes people sell parts of a set, etc and you may can find a nice one there (new).

Well I hit up Sam's and WallyBallz yesterday and that ended up being a $500 trip. Ugg! My grocery bill is out of control because I have 5 kids and we had 4 friends spend the night this weekend. They ate up all my snacks!

I did buy 4 whole chickens and a hand held Foodsaver. I roasted the chickens and broke them down and am freezing the meat. I'm hoping this will help curb the eating out bill and will be a money saver. I was SO tempted to charge that grocery bill but I DIDN'T! Right out of the checking account... ouch! Luckily we get paid on Thursday!

My income tax refund should be here Friday! Woo hoo! Can't wait to pay off some more debt! And buy our Disney tix for April... lol. Sorry but we are still taking our vacay this year- but on cash this time!!!
Nikki ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 (DD10, DSD10, DD7, DS4, DD2)! FW Cabins: Feb 17-24, 2012 (Free Dining!), BWV Studio Feb 9-12, 2013 (Mom & Dad only!) AKL Value 2 Bedroom: Apr 21-26, 2013 (Kids allowed this time!)With a SURPRISE trip to Legoland, Fl
clintswifeymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: