Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #391
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire88

I'm definitely a lot less stressed over this than I was. I should be able to have everything but the car paid off before the end of the year. Once I get back to work, I'll have a bit more money to be able to pay stuff off with. The downside to going back to work is I will be paying for child care on top of my other expenses. Thankfully, my mom is going to be doing the child care for me so I'm only having to paid $500/month vs the $1000/2 weeks I was finding elsewhere.
Our first is due late July so I know what you mean. My mom is going to watch baby 5 days a week for the first 6 months, and then we will reevaluate and maybe split 2 days grandma/3 days daycare or vice versa.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #392
clintswifeymomof4
I <3 Muscles

2 more debts bite the dust!

Posting again... my father passed 3 months ago and after taking care of some final bills, my sisters and I have a small life insurance benefit that we weren't expecting.

I just paid off our $3000 personal loan and an $880 credit card! I am soooo excited and inspired from this thread. Hubs and I are updating our spreadsheet tonight to see how we are going to roll that payment and what's left of the insurance proceeds to the other ccs. I'm ready to be over them!
Nikki ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 (DD10, DSD10, DD7, DS4, DD2)! FW Cabins: Feb 17-24, 2012 (Free Dining!), BWV Studio Feb 9-12, 2013 (Mom & Dad only!) AKL Value 2 Bedroom: Apr 21-26, 2013 (Kids allowed this time!)With a SURPRISE trip to Legoland, Fl
clintswifeymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #393
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintswifeymomof4 View Post
Posting again... my father passed 3 months ago and after taking care of some final bills, my sisters and I have a small life insurance benefit that we weren't expecting.

I just paid off our $3000 personal loan and an $880 credit card! I am soooo excited and inspired from this thread. Hubs and I are updating our spreadsheet tonight to see how we are going to roll that payment and what's left of the insurance proceeds to the other ccs. I'm ready to be over them!
Sorry to hear about your father passing away Congrats on being able to pay off that huge amount!!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #394
clintswifeymomof4
I <3 Muscles

Thanks- it has been really hard as he was young and it was unexpected. I of course wish he was still here but thankful for this unexpected rainbow after the thunderstorm.

I've inspired my sisters to kick their debt to the curb and they are also using their benefit to finally break free from the bondage of debt.

I should be getting my "big fat check" from Ebates for $67.11 and I'll be sending every penny to a cc!
Nikki ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 (DD10, DSD10, DD7, DS4, DD2)! FW Cabins: Feb 17-24, 2012 (Free Dining!), BWV Studio Feb 9-12, 2013 (Mom & Dad only!) AKL Value 2 Bedroom: Apr 21-26, 2013 (Kids allowed this time!)With a SURPRISE trip to Legoland, Fl
clintswifeymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #395
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintswifeymomof4 View Post
Thanks- it has been really hard as he was young and it was unexpected. I of course wish he was still here but thankful for this unexpected rainbow after the thunderstorm.

I've inspired my sisters to kick their debt to the curb and they are also using their benefit to finally break free from the bondage of debt.

I should be getting my "big fat check" from Ebates for $67.11 and I'll be sending every penny to a cc!
Congrats on getting your sisters on board too! I wish I could get my mother on board, but that is never going to happen.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #396
arwood82
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!! Staying on track with $1200 paid to the student loans and an extra $200 paid toward the cc so far this month. Oh and $1000 in the emergency fund.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #397
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

You all are making great strides! You should congratulate yourselves, and keep up the great work.

We have 3 more months to go on our mortgage, which is a good thing because there might be lay-offs around the corner.

I've been saving almost every penny other than the bills, and we have a 1 year or so emergency fund.

If the lay-offs become a reality, we'll need every cent to keep stable.

We'll be optimistic though!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #398
tgeorge0207
tgeorge

we went on vacation and came back with $$ was able to pay off 2 credit cards grated we have a lot of low limit credit cards but every little bit helps and that was our first ones since joining this thread.....so excited and relieved too....... thanks for the support. will let you know how we are doing.

ASM DEC 2007 FIRST VISIT
POP FEB 2009 HONEYMOON
CBR SEPT 2009 YOUNGEST FIRST VISIT
POR JUNE 2010 FAMILY VACATION.
tgeorge0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #399
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Flower* View Post
You all are making great strides! You should congratulate yourselves, and keep up the great work.

We have 3 more months to go on our mortgage, which is a good thing because there might be lay-offs around the corner.

I've been saving almost every penny other than the bills, and we have a 1 year or so emergency fund.

If the lay-offs become a reality, we'll need every cent to keep stable.

We'll be optimistic though!

Wow, I wish I only had 3 more months on my mortgage!! Way to go!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #400
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeorge0207 View Post
we went on vacation and came back with $$ was able to pay off 2 credit cards grated we have a lot of low limit credit cards but every little bit helps and that was our first ones since joining this thread.....so excited and relieved too....... thanks for the support. will let you know how we are doing.

Congrats on paying off 2 cc's
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #401
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Bumping thread
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #402
tgeorge0207
tgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Congrats on paying off 2 cc's
thank you was a great motivation!

ASM DEC 2007 FIRST VISIT
POP FEB 2009 HONEYMOON
CBR SEPT 2009 YOUNGEST FIRST VISIT
POR JUNE 2010 FAMILY VACATION.
tgeorge0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #403
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Wow, I wish I only had 3 more months on my mortgage!! Way to go!
It's actually 6 months (I've been making extra principal payments every month) but I figure I can cut it to the 3 I'm aiming for. Thanks!
Every little bit helps though- even $5 extra toward principal every payment cuts the amount of interest that the mortgage company gets.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #404
milwaukeemommy
Mouseketeer

Tons of debt here

Hoping to be able to read all 27 pages of this thread, it looks pretty inspiring. My hubby had surgery last October so not only is there lots of med bills, but he was off work for 2 months. Wish we still got a huge tax refund but we changed our withholding because everyone told us it was bad to get that big check. Maybe so, but it would be nice now LOL

I can't even bring myself to tell you how much debt we have. It's a lot. We are trying, though. Baby steps!

Our one & only trip -- July 2012, Shades of Green
milwaukeemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #405
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemommy
Tons of debt here

Hoping to be able to read all 27 pages of this thread, it looks pretty inspiring. My hubby had surgery last October so not only is there lots of med bills, but he was off work for 2 months. Wish we still got a huge tax refund but we changed our withholding because everyone told us it was bad to get that big check. Maybe so, but it would be nice now LOL

I can't even bring myself to tell you how much debt we have. It's a lot. We are trying, though. Baby steps!
Welcome! You can do this $1 at a time. That is what we are all doing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: