Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #376
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,797

Ok folks. I need some good thoughts and prayers. I don't want to go in to details because I don't want to jinx it. But we got some news yesterday that something could potentially happen that will take a lot of stress off of us. We won't know until the 8th though.
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #377
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Ok folks. I need some good thoughts and prayers. I don't want to go in to details because I don't want to jinx it. But we got some news yesterday that something could potentially happen that will take a lot of stress off of us. We won't know until the 8th though.

Sending good vibes your way
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #378
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!
 
danielle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eden, NY
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
Can I watch or listen to him online for free?
Yes you can! I have found multiple videos from his seminars online (youtube) and you can go on daveramsey.com and listen to his radio show from the day before or week before(archives) and I believe at the time it is aired live in his state you can listen to that via the website. I haven't found a radio station around my area that plays his show live, so i listen on my computer.
__________________
ME DH DD16 DD9 DD8

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #379
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!
 
danielle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eden, NY
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Ok folks. I need some good thoughts and prayers. I don't want to go in to details because I don't want to jinx it. But we got some news yesterday that something could potentially happen that will take a lot of stress off of us. We won't know until the 8th though.
Sending prayers and well wishes your way! Anything that takes away some stress is great, especially when planning for a baby!
__________________
ME DH DD16 DD9 DD8

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #380
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79

Sending prayers and well wishes your way! Anything that takes away some stress is great, especially when planning for a baby!
Thanks. We got to see baby moving for the first time this week, and it makes it seem real! We are already planning on how to get baby started on the right financial path so it doesn't go through the stress of debt.
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #381
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79

Yes you can! I have found multiple videos from his seminars online (youtube) and you can go on daveramsey.com and listen to his radio show from the day before or week before(archives) and I believe at the time it is aired live in his state you can listen to that via the website. I haven't found a radio station around my area that plays his show live, so i listen on my computer.
Thank you!!
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #382
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Ok folks. I need some good thoughts and prayers. I don't want to go in to details because I don't want to jinx it. But we got some news yesterday that something could potentially happen that will take a lot of stress off of us. We won't know until the 8th though.
Fingers crossed for you!


Today was payday and I knocked one of my CC balances under $1000. Getting there!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #383
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,797

Wow! Great job!
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #384
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 687

Found $75 in a pocket I had forgotten about.

Put it in the grocery fund, and the $75 I didn't have to take out of my account to put in the cash grocery fund, I transferred to my cc.

Dh handed over his bank card today to, so cash only and what we've budgeted. Anything left from the paycheque the day before next payday will be transferred to credit card.
__________________
me dh dd ds dsd dsd's first trip!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #385
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Fingers crossed for you!


Today was payday and I knocked one of my CC balances under $1000. Getting there!
Way to go!! I love see balances under $1,000
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #386
LadyFaire88
Earning My Ears
 
LadyFaire88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 37

Ok, I've lurked on this thread long enough. Time to fess up and hope it will help keep me on track.
My husband and I have:
1 cc just over $1000
3 cc's under $1000 but over $500
1 cc under $500 (which will be paid off today!!!)
2 medical payment plans (just had a baby at the end of Dec)
And a new to us car loan.

I am currently on maternity leave so not bringing in a lot of income right now (I go back to work on the 25th) and my husband is only part time retail (although he has an I view with the police dept. next month so cross your fingers)
__________________
Me DH DS and Mishka
Future Trips:
None currently planned. Hoping for Dec 2015 as an early 5 year wedding anniversary trip (Anniversary would be Feb 2016).

Previous trips:
Couple of times to DL as a kid
Oct 27-Nov 4th, 2011- DL honeymoon
LadyFaire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #387
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire88
Ok, I've lurked on this thread long enough. Time to fess up and hope it will help keep me on track.
My husband and I have:
1 cc just over $1000
3 cc's under $1000 but over $500
1 cc under $500 (which will be paid off today!!!)
2 medical payment plans (just had a baby at the end of Dec)
And a new to us car loan.

I am currently on maternity leave so not bringing in a lot of income right now (I go back to work on the 25th) and my husband is only part time retail (although he has an I view with the police dept. next month so cross your fingers)
That is all fixable. There are people with way worse and they are able to get out of debt, so don't get overwhelmed. If you put all discretionary spending on hold, and only buy necessities, you could put a debt in that in no time! Remember, you are only telling yourself no for now, not forever. Good luck!
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #388
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire88 View Post
Ok, I've lurked on this thread long enough. Time to fess up and hope it will help keep me on track.
My husband and I have:
1 cc just over $1000
3 cc's under $1000 but over $500
1 cc under $500 (which will be paid off today!!!)
2 medical payment plans (just had a baby at the end of Dec)
And a new to us car loan.

I am currently on maternity leave so not bringing in a lot of income right now (I go back to work on the 25th) and my husband is only part time retail (although he has an I view with the police dept. next month so cross your fingers)
Yay on getting one cc paid off!! Good luck vibes to your hubby for his interview
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #389
LadyFaire88
Earning My Ears
 
LadyFaire88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
That is all fixable. There are people with way worse and they are able to get out of debt, so don't get overwhelmed. If you put all discretionary spending on hold, and only buy necessities, you could put a debt in that in no time! Remember, you are only telling yourself no for now, not forever. Good luck!
I'm definitely a lot less stressed over this than I was. I should be able to have everything but the car paid off before the end of the year. Once I get back to work, I'll have a bit more money to be able to pay stuff off with. The downside to going back to work is I will be paying for child care on top of my other expenses. Thankfully, my mom is going to be doing the child care for me so I'm only having to paid $500/month vs the $1000/2 weeks I was finding elsewhere.
__________________
Me DH DS and Mishka
Future Trips:
None currently planned. Hoping for Dec 2015 as an early 5 year wedding anniversary trip (Anniversary would be Feb 2016).

Previous trips:
Couple of times to DL as a kid
Oct 27-Nov 4th, 2011- DL honeymoon
LadyFaire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #390
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire88 View Post
I'm definitely a lot less stressed over this than I was. I should be able to have everything but the car paid off before the end of the year. Once I get back to work, I'll have a bit more money to be able to pay stuff off with. The downside to going back to work is I will be paying for child care on top of my other expenses. Thankfully, my mom is going to be doing the child care for me so I'm only having to paid $500/month vs the $1000/2 weeks I was finding elsewhere.

Daycare prices are ridiculous!!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: