Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #361
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I am so proud of everyone on this thread. We didn't get in to debt over night, so we won't get out of it overnight. But every dollar gets us another step closer.

And remember (to quote Mr. Ramsey) - Debt is normal, be weird.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #362
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
He recommends $1000 to start with until you get rid of debt, them 3-6 months.

Thanks! I am actually ahead of his emergency fund amount

And on your other post (I don't know how to quote more than one post at a time), you are so right! We didn't get into this debt overnight, so we won't get out of it overnight
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #363
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1 View Post
Great job on paying towards your student loan! And atleast you did get to enjoy some of the refund by a little retail therapy!! I stopped by a jewelry store the other day to see a friend and found a great birthday present for myself, but forced myself out the door
i was really practical with what i bought, my haul included a table pad for my dining room table and socks.... so be jealous

i just cashed in my recyclebank rewards for a $10 walmart giftcard and will cash in my visa rewards since some will expire soon for another practical giftcard. so if you can't find the money in your budget, don't forget to look at the change jar (that's going to be cashed in as well), cc rewards, and those website rewards.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #364
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
i was really practical with what i bought, my haul included a table pad for my dining room table and socks.... so be jealous

i just cashed in my recyclebank rewards for a $10 walmart giftcard and will cash in my visa rewards since some will expire soon for another practical giftcard. so if you can't find the money in your budget, don't forget to look at the change jar (that's going to be cashed in as well), cc rewards, and those website rewards.

Okay, so I am a little jealous that you got socks, because I am in dire need of them So that is actually on my list to get!!! I do have some cc rewards to use, and I actually forgot about that!

Yes, the piece of jewelry I am looking at surely is not a practical purchase! But I am thinking of purchasing it for myself for my birthday

And my cc will be paid off the week before my birthday!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #365
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I was so excited because I thought today was Friday payday but its not lol! With this check I will make a car payment and an Ortho payment, them next month those two bill will be paid off. With this check I will also payoff 1 small cc. Iv never been so excited to pay bills lol
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #366
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I was so excited because I thought today was Friday payday but its not lol! With this check I will make a car payment and an Ortho payment, them next month those two bill will be paid off. With this check I will also payoff 1 small cc. Iv never been so excited to pay bills lol

Wow, that is great to have those paid off!! I love, love, love not having a car payment. At times I get the "I want a new car" fever, but then remember that I have no car payment!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #367
clintswifeymomof4
I <3 Muscles

Just joining in but I finally got $1000 into my savings account for an emergency fund.

I also started saving $75 a month plus a deposit equal to the week number (example- this is week $7 so I transferred $7) to a separate savings account that I'm reserving for Christmas. I refuse to put Christmas gifts on our credit cards again this year!

Working on the credit cards and a personal loan is another story (in addition to mortgage- 13 years left and student loans- getting post-grad degree) but baby steps!!!
Nikki ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 (DD10, DSD10, DD7, DS4, DD2)! FW Cabins: Feb 17-24, 2012 (Free Dining!), BWV Studio Feb 9-12, 2013 (Mom & Dad only!) AKL Value 2 Bedroom: Apr 21-26, 2013 (Kids allowed this time!)With a SURPRISE trip to Legoland, Fl
clintswifeymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #368
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintswifeymomof4 View Post
Just joining in but I finally got $1000 into my savings account for an emergency fund.

I also started saving $75 a month plus a deposit equal to the week number (example- this is week $7 so I transferred $7) to a separate savings account that I'm reserving for Christmas. I refuse to put Christmas gifts on our credit cards again this year!

Working on the credit cards and a personal loan is another story (in addition to mortgage- 13 years left and student loans- getting post-grad degree) but baby steps!!!
Great job on getting a $1000 in your emergency fund!!! I have already started picking up little things for christmas, I find it better to spread it out over the year! It helps me, whether it's just a pack of disposable razors this week for stocking stuffers! One less thing to buy at christmas!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #369
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Bumping thread
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #370
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinez1895 View Post
Curse you Murphy ( anyone doing Dave Ramsay knows who I'll taking about). My dryer died. The cost to fix it is more than it is worth so we now have to get a new dryer. Oh and of course of cards are maxed out and we have to open a new card to buy it, but life goes on. Just another thing to throw into the snowball I guess. I do not have the emergency fund yet like Dave suggest so this is a complete hit to our budget.
just don't give up. even saving a little each week can add up.

big hugs.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #371
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

we have about $10k in cc debt atm, 2 car payments and a mortgage. I plan to get the cc paid off within next 2 months then start making double paymts on one of the cars (one is at 0% so no hurry to pay that off) and then i would like to put an additional $2-5k on the mortgage each month. dh is older and we make good money but up to now we've been just blowing it. time to get stuff accomplished.

being self-employed, cash flow varies so we need to plan for that. I had $2500 in the savings acct but took it to make an extra mortgage payment (which has been a few days late each month for a while now) so that we will always be one month ahead from now on. I will replace that $2500 over the next several weeks.

we have a big vacation planned...it's half paid for so no turning back. we also plan to go to hawaii next winter but we're going to use FF miles for air and some rewards programs gift cards.

i am just starting this so the next few months will tell. wish me luck.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #372
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Good Luck beansmom!
and thanks gracie1 for the good vibes, yes just to clarify a little, $1000 is your first baby step emergency fund, then pay off all debt, then fully fund emergency fund (3-6 months of living expenses) this amount differs greatly but $10,000 is a good #. I have got two of his books from the library and watch and listen to his show online and I am obsessed with his methods. If you get some spare time check him out!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #373
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Good Luck beansmom!
and thanks gracie1 for the good vibes, yes just to clarify a little, $1000 is your first baby step emergency fund, then pay off all debt, then fully fund emergency fund (3-6 months of living expenses) this amount differs greatly but $10,000 is a good #. I have got two of his books from the library and watch and listen to his show online and I am obsessed with his methods. If you get some spare time check him out!

Thanks! I have a years worth of mortgage payments in my savings. So that is good! And I am hoping to be able to have my cc paid off by March 16th, but definitely by the 27th
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #374
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Great job Gracie1! Is the one cc,that will be paid off next month, your only debt besides mortgage? I can't wait to get there! Oh yeah I forgot to add, splurge a little and buy yourself some socks!!!!!!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #375
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79
Good Luck beansmom!
Can I watch or listen to him online for free?
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: