Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #316
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Tax refund came in this morning...so we paid off the business loan ($1400!), another credit card ($1100!), put some in savings & planning on paying down another credit card! WOOHOO! Feels great to be marking off these debts!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #317
mks18412
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Tax refund came in this morning...so we paid off the business loan ($1400!), another credit card ($1100!), put some in savings & planning on paying down another credit card! WOOHOO! Feels great to be marking off these debts!!!
Congrat! I know that has to be a heavy weight thats lifted form your shoulders.
mks18412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #318
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Congrats!! I know your feeling great right now
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #319
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

So I had my taxes done and we should be getting $6200 back as I said before this is all going to our new roof so none to debt and a little in the emergency fund! Unfortunately I found out that ours can't be submitted until late February/ early March because we have energy star windows that were bought last year and for that particular credit they are not excepting returns yet!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #320
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
So I had my taxes done and we should be getting $6200 back as I said before this is all going to our new roof so none to debt and a little in the emergency fund! Unfortunately I found out that ours can't be submitted until late February/ early March because we have energy star windows that were bought last year and for that particular credit they are not excepting returns yet!
That is crazy not to accept refunds for the window credit! Yay on getting back $6200!!! It really kind of is going towards your debt, because if you didn't have this refund you would still have to pay for the roof! It is just keeping you from going further in debt
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #321
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

We got our state back last week and our Federal on Monday, waiting on the second state. I'm putting it in savings right now, we think we need to replace the shocks on our van, so we will see how much that is before we do anything else.

DH is due to get a bonus when his company finally closes, but we don't know exactly when that will be. He will get half of his re-enlistment bonus in March, but I haven't made any plans for that yet and he may be on orders for a couple of days later that month, that will mean some extra money.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #322
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is having a great day. Our refund is due to be deposited the 8th. We actually owe in state ($75), so I'll wait to file it. We've decided use our refund to pay our rent for the next several months. This will free up several hundreds of dollars each month that can go towards our debt snowball (temporarily), but should have us paying off a lot if debt by the time we start paying rent again. I think it's the best way to utilize our return and pay off the greatest amount.
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #323
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great day. Our refund is due to be deposited the 8th. We actually owe in state ($75), so I'll wait to file it. We've decided use our refund to pay our rent for the next several months. This will free up several hundreds of dollars each month that can go towards our debt snowball (temporarily), but should have us paying off a lot if debt by the time we start paying rent again. I think it's the best way to utilize our return and pay off the greatest amount.
That is a great idea. Another thought though, if you were to use the refund to pay the debt, would you be saving a lot in interest charges instead of using it to pay ahead on your rent?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #324
acename
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone

I haven't posted much, but I've been reading along. Lots of great motivation here.

I just wanted to share that we paid off our smallest credit card today. It's not much, but having one less bill to worry about each month is a nice feeling.

Keep up the good work everyone.
acename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #325
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acename View Post
Hi everyone

I haven't posted much, but I've been reading along. Lots of great motivation here.

I just wanted to share that we paid off our smallest credit card today. It's not much, but having one less bill to worry about each month is a nice feeling.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Great job It doesn't matter the amount, that's one less bill you have to pay each month!! It feels good to have atleast one down, doesn't it!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #326
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1

That is a great idea. Another thought though, if you were to use the refund to pay the debt, would you be saving a lot in interest charges instead of using it to pay ahead on your rent?
Not really. Most of our stuff is interest free CC and medical. This one card is the only one with interest, but I have changed my plan again. I am paying 4 months of rent and the entire $1966.62 CC using refund and dh's OT. Then I'll still have the rent money to snowball.
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #327
pianokey
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

First goal has been reached!

The gutters are now paid in full, a month ahead of schedule!

DCL - 3rd Anniversary 09/13 - Fantasy
DCL - 4th Anniversary 09/14 - Magic in the Med
pianokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #328
PrincessKymm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokey

Great job!
PrincessKymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #329
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokey View Post

Great job
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #330
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Everyone is doing so well!!!! I'm so glad for everyone! On another note I am so frustrated I went to pay a bill online this morning and realized it was due yesterday, aughhhhhh! So I now have a $30 fee and I am so mad, I haven't had a late payment in a really long time, so frustrating!I am also submitting a resume that has some real potential but I am scared because of the amount of hours it will require!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: