Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #316
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran
 
mrssmith06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 1,030

Tax refund came in this morning...so we paid off the business loan ($1400!), another credit card ($1100!), put some in savings & planning on paying down another credit card! WOOHOO! Feels great to be marking off these debts!!!
__________________
mrssmith06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #317
mks18412
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Tax refund came in this morning...so we paid off the business loan ($1400!), another credit card ($1100!), put some in savings & planning on paying down another credit card! WOOHOO! Feels great to be marking off these debts!!!
Congrat! I know that has to be a heavy weight thats lifted form your shoulders.
mks18412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #318
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Tax refund came in this morning...so we paid off the business loan ($1400!), another credit card ($1100!), put some in savings & planning on paying down another credit card! WOOHOO! Feels great to be marking off these debts!!!
Congrats!! I know your feeling great right now
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #319
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!
 
danielle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eden, NY
Posts: 269

So I had my taxes done and we should be getting $6200 back as I said before this is all going to our new roof so none to debt and a little in the emergency fund! Unfortunately I found out that ours can't be submitted until late February/ early March because we have energy star windows that were bought last year and for that particular credit they are not excepting returns yet!
__________________
ME DH DD16 DD9 DD8

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #320
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
So I had my taxes done and we should be getting $6200 back as I said before this is all going to our new roof so none to debt and a little in the emergency fund! Unfortunately I found out that ours can't be submitted until late February/ early March because we have energy star windows that were bought last year and for that particular credit they are not excepting returns yet!
That is crazy not to accept refunds for the window credit! Yay on getting back $6200!!! It really kind of is going towards your debt, because if you didn't have this refund you would still have to pay for the roof! It is just keeping you from going further in debt
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #321
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary
 
PrincessSuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phenix City, Alabama/War Eagle...Go Tigers
Posts: 9,555

We got our state back last week and our Federal on Monday, waiting on the second state. I'm putting it in savings right now, we think we need to replace the shocks on our van, so we will see how much that is before we do anything else.

DH is due to get a bonus when his company finally closes, but we don't know exactly when that will be. He will get half of his re-enlistment bonus in March, but I haven't made any plans for that yet and he may be on orders for a couple of days later that month, that will mean some extra money.
__________________
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #322
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 749

Hope everyone is having a great day. Our refund is due to be deposited the 8th. We actually owe in state ($75), so I'll wait to file it. We've decided use our refund to pay our rent for the next several months. This will free up several hundreds of dollars each month that can go towards our debt snowball (temporarily), but should have us paying off a lot if debt by the time we start paying rent again. I think it's the best way to utilize our return and pay off the greatest amount.
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #323
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great day. Our refund is due to be deposited the 8th. We actually owe in state ($75), so I'll wait to file it. We've decided use our refund to pay our rent for the next several months. This will free up several hundreds of dollars each month that can go towards our debt snowball (temporarily), but should have us paying off a lot if debt by the time we start paying rent again. I think it's the best way to utilize our return and pay off the greatest amount.
That is a great idea. Another thought though, if you were to use the refund to pay the debt, would you be saving a lot in interest charges instead of using it to pay ahead on your rent?
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #324
acename
DIS Veteran
 
acename's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Western KY
Posts: 593

Hi everyone

I haven't posted much, but I've been reading along. Lots of great motivation here.

I just wanted to share that we paid off our smallest credit card today. It's not much, but having one less bill to worry about each month is a nice feeling.

Keep up the good work everyone.
acename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #325
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by acename View Post
Hi everyone

I haven't posted much, but I've been reading along. Lots of great motivation here.

I just wanted to share that we paid off our smallest credit card today. It's not much, but having one less bill to worry about each month is a nice feeling.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Great job It doesn't matter the amount, that's one less bill you have to pay each month!! It feels good to have atleast one down, doesn't it!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #326
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1

That is a great idea. Another thought though, if you were to use the refund to pay the debt, would you be saving a lot in interest charges instead of using it to pay ahead on your rent?
Not really. Most of our stuff is interest free CC and medical. This one card is the only one with interest, but I have changed my plan again. I am paying 4 months of rent and the entire $1966.62 CC using refund and dh's OT. Then I'll still have the rent money to snowball.
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #327
pianokey
Mouseketeer
 
pianokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 92

Thumbs up

First goal has been reached!

The gutters are now paid in full, a month ahead of schedule!

__________________
WDW - Honeymoon 09/10 - BCV
WDW - 1st Anniversary 09/11 - BCV
DCL - 2nd Anniversary 09/12 - Fantasy
DCL - 3rd Anniversary 09/13 - Fantasy
DCL - 4th Anniversary 09/14 - Magic in the Med
pianokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #328
PrincessKymm
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessKymm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokey
First goal has been reached!

The gutters are now paid in full, a month ahead of schedule!

Great job!
PrincessKymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #329
gracie1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokey View Post
First goal has been reached!

The gutters are now paid in full, a month ahead of schedule!

Great job
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #330
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!
 
danielle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eden, NY
Posts: 269

Everyone is doing so well!!!! I'm so glad for everyone! On another note I am so frustrated I went to pay a bill online this morning and realized it was due yesterday, aughhhhhh! So I now have a $30 fee and I am so mad, I haven't had a late payment in a really long time, so frustrating!I am also submitting a resume that has some real potential but I am scared because of the amount of hours it will require!
__________________
ME DH DD16 DD9 DD8

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: