Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #226
fun4me
Mouseketeer

I just cancelled Dishnetwork!! I've been wanting to make that call a for awhile but I've been dragging my feet. Feb 2 is our last day of programming. We'll see how we do with just OTA and I may pick up a new Roku.

I tried to cancel our lawn service but they talked me into staying with a $3.00 cut in price and they are only coming out 5 times a year instead of 7. We'll see how that works out for us. I don't like weeds in our yard and dh isn't so great with weed control and keeping our lawn green without it.

I also changed my internet a few weeks ago and cut my landline down to the basic plan without long distance. I'm waiting for my first bill to see how that pans out.

I've been talking about doing these changes for awhile and it feels good to finally get them taken care of.
fun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #227
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Mailed medical bill payment today so it will get there Monday - got a 10% discount for paying within the first 30 days! It was less than $200, but still good to be paid. Of course, got a different doctor bill of $55 in the mail today, but that is no biggie - will pay it next week too.

Also mailed another car payment (designated principle only!) today. I'll be scheduling my "big" bills on Sunday, when I can see my paystub.

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #228
mommytoxzande
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to post that I was able to make an extra $150 payment to our cc today. This is because DH and I have stuck to the budget we created at the beginning of the year! It's a small step, but it's a step in the right direction for us.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #229
AuroraRora
Princess

Good job with the payments everyone!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #230
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm breaking up my debt into 3 goals for the year

1st goal

Debt
1. (((((Paid)))))
2.paying off nextweek
3.Paying off in March
4. Paying off in March this is one that will open up $320 a month

*paying these off will open up $495 extra a month that I can use toward other debt

2nd goal
5. pay off by April
6.pay off by May
7. Pay off by June

3rd Goal
8. I'm giving myself until Dec to pay this one off but I'm going to really try by Sept

I also am doing the weekly saving challenge and will use that for xmas. Hopefully all goes as planned and I stay on track

Last edited by dreamin_disney; 01-29-2013 at 06:21 PM.
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #231
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Are there any good debt tracker apps for the android?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #232
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Everyone is doing so great with their payments!!!
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #233
pumpkin21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytoxzande
Just wanted to post that I was able to make an extra $150 payment to our cc today. This is because DH and I have stuck to the budget we created at the beginning of the year! It's a small step, but it's a step in the right direction for us.
Yay! Happy for you
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #234
AuroraRora
Princess

I paid off one of my credit cards today!!

I've been paying little amounts of money to it here and there, and not really checking in on the balance, and this morning I was looking at my online banking and realized I only had $61 left on it. Paid it immediately and now I finally have a credit card with no debt on it, woot woot!! Now I only have the other credit cards, and my store card, and my student loans to go... oh well, it's a start!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #235
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

I've been paying little amounts of money to it here and there, and not really checking in on the balance, and this morning I was looking at my online banking and realized I only had $61 left on it. Paid it immediately and now I finally have a credit card with no debt on it, woot woot!! Now I only have the other credit cards, and my store card, and my student loans to go... oh well, it's a start!!
Congrats on paying one off That is extra money you can put towards another one to pay it off faster!

I cannot wait to get mine paid off! I keep going over my budget, because I want my final payment to be done by May31st! It's going to be a struggle but I am determined!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #236
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Great job!!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #237
fun4me
Mouseketeer

Yay! For getting things paid off. Every little thing adds up!
Good job!
fun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #238
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

so just a little update, I had a great night at work! I will be able to pay what I am suppose to by the end of the month to be on track for my plan of debt free in two years! I will know exactly how much debt I have paid down this month on wednesday and will post my end of month progress, this feels so good to see an end in sight! Thank you all for keeping my accountable!!!!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #239
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79
so just a little update, I had a great night at work! I will be able to pay what I am suppose to by the end of the month to be on track for my plan of debt free in two years! I will know exactly how much debt I have paid down this month on wednesday and will post my end of month progress, this feels so good to see an end in sight! Thank you all for keeping my accountable!!!!
Good job! I love those times when you make more than usual and you can envision the money going towards something! I do consulting, and my boss called me at 7pm tonight saying she had a casefile I could work on over the weekend and get paid on Monday, and I SO didn't want to get up off the couch and go pick it up and take on more work over the weekend. But I made myself do it, and now I'm so glad because its 3am, but I'm halfway done and when I drop it off on Monday, it'll almost pay my rent. I'm so glad we have each other to keep the motivation going!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #240
gracie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good job! I love those times when you make more than usual and you can envision the money going towards something! I do consulting, and my boss called me at 7pm tonight saying she had a casefile I could work on over the weekend and get paid on Monday, and I SO didn't want to get up off the couch and go pick it up and take on more work over the weekend. But I made myself do it, and now I'm so glad because its 3am, but I'm halfway done and when I drop it off on Monday, it'll almost pay my rent. I'm so glad we have each other to keep the motivation going!!
I know exactly how you feel not wanting to work! Everyone where I am is out with the flu, and today was supposed to be my one day off this week, but I figured I would sludge on in so I could get an extra day of overtime pay to sink into my bills! I figure it will only get them paid off faster!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: