Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Suz D
DIS Veteran

Hulu Plus users: Downton Abbey?

We just got Hulu Plus because I thought we could watch the current season of Downton Abbey. We didn't record it on our DVR because I thought we'd be able to watch it today Hulu. We have Comcast but planned on cancelling it after tonight's bowl game because we just don't watch enough TV to justify the cost of cable. I don't see on the Hulu Plus site where we can get Season 3 of D.A. For those of you who have had Hulu Plus for awhile, did I miss the boat and D.A. is only available for previous seasons?
Suz D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Hardy
Mouseketeer

I'm on my phone and having trouble looking but check the Hulu website page for downton abbey, it may have your answer. I know for some shows they do not show up the next day, although some do, some are a week behind or more. It must be a license thing. We also love downton and it's a big reason we have Hulu, I will be disappointed if it doesn't appear, but you can at least watch it on the PBS site so you don't miss it! It was good!

Pop Century/Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas - June 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) August 2012
Old Key West - August 2011
Beach Club Villas - January 2011
Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) and our 1st visit to Hogwarts! - October 2010
All Star Music/Saratoga Springs/Pop Century - March 2009
Caribbean Beach - October 2008
Port Orleans Riverside - October 2005
Offsite as a kid (what were my parents thinking?)
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
mcraige
DIS Veteran

I just looked at the website and it says:

huluplus With your Hulu Plus subscription you can watch Seasons 1 and 2 in HD on your TV, mobile and computer. Details
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
chimilady
DIS Veteran

You can watch the whole season online if you know where to look. I am waiting for everyone to catch up, so I can finally discuss the finale with someone!!!
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
MickeyManiac
Mouseketeer

Ugh! I couldn't wait to watch it today and it's not on. I'm assuming they are doing the week delay that happens with some of the other show. I hope it's no longer than that.
MickeyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
pklein09

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place

You can watch the current episode the day after it airs on PBS's website. I just finished watching

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Suz D
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had seen that Season 1 & 2 were available but not Season 3 so I thought maybe I was missing something. I'm kind of irritated that we pay for Hulu plus so that we can see the current stuff and then there is a week delay for Downton. With the regular Hulu I can watch current stuff with an 8 day delay (at least I can with Glee I'm not sure about other shows). Maybe we don't need the pay version after all.

I will definately watch it on PBS tonight. Thanks for that tip.

Also, I know you can watch it for free online, but I like to be current with everyone else so I don't have to keep the secret . You are so good keeping the secret! I honestly don't think I could.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Ava
DIS Veteran

Anther difference between the free and paid versions of Hulu is that the paid version allows you to watch the whole current season of most shows. With the free version, episodes expire after a certain amount of time so you only get the last few episodes (usually 3 or 5) that have aired on TV available to you.

We tend to get really behind on our shows so the paid version allows us to catch up at our leisure without having to worry about episodes expiring.

1983 (age 3) - Buena Vista Palace
1988 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
1991 - Offsite
1997 - All-Star Music
2002 - All-Star Music
2004 - All-Star Movies
April 2006 - All-Star Music (1st Trip with DW!)
May 2011 - POP Century (DD1's 1st Trip!)
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach (DD2's 1st Trip!)

Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

I was so surprised that it was a 2 hour special. I forgot! It was wonderful.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz D View Post
Also, I know you can watch it for free online, but I like to be current with everyone else so I don't have to keep the secret . You are so good keeping the secret! I honestly don't think I could.
I think you could. I just think how many times I looked like this season, and I wouldn't want to ruin that for anyone else. It's a great season, you will love it. I can't help that I'm an addict and had to seek it out every week in the fall.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
Suz D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Anther difference between the free and paid versions of Hulu is that the paid version allows you to watch the whole current season of most shows. With the free version, episodes expire after a certain amount of time so you only get the last few episodes (usually 3 or 5) that have aired on TV available to you.

We tend to get really behind on our shows so the paid version allows us to catch up at our leisure without having to worry about episodes expiring.
Oh, now I understand. So rather than getting them earlier you just get them longer. That's probably good for us too because we tend to get behind (although I don't think that will be a problem with Downton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
I was so surprised that it was a 2 hour special. I forgot! It was wonderful.
thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that and my husband and oldest daughter have to get up at 4:45 every morning so we'll be sure to start it plenty early tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
I think you could. I just think how many times I looked like this season, and I wouldn't want to ruin that for anyone else. It's a great season, you will love it. I can't help that I'm an addict and had to seek it out every week in the fall.
chimilady, you are tempting me I've been looking forward to this since last summer. I'm actually glad that we didn't start watching it until after season 2 had already aired. It was really fun watching two seasons over the course of a couple of weeks instead of a few months. I completely LOVE it!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

Season 2 was not available on Hulu Plus until the entire season had aired (I think it was July or so...not 100% on that though). So it might be the same for this season, unless that was some sort of fluke thing last year. I didn't have a subscription during Season 1.

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #13
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

I watch it the day after it airs on the PBS app.
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
Angie789
Mouseketeer

I watched all of season 3 online last week. With 2 small kids and a full time job, I MUCH prefer to watch whole seasons of shows whenever I can carve out some time. It seems like if I do the week to week thing, something comes up and I miss it or I'm so tired I forget details of what happened before.

I LOVED season 3. I was okay with not talking about it to anyone until I got to the cliffhanger at the end of the season - then I really wished I had someone to call to talk about it!!!
Angie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
pklein09

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie789 View Post
I watched all of season 3 online last week. With 2 small kids and a full time job, I MUCH prefer to watch whole seasons of shows whenever I can carve out some time. It seems like if I do the week to week thing, something comes up and I miss it or I'm so tired I forget details of what happened before.

I LOVED season 3. I was okay with not talking about it to anyone until I got to the cliffhanger at the end of the season - then I really wished I had someone to call to talk about it!!!
On what channel/tv service did you watch? I didn't think the entire Season 3 was available in the US.

Have a Magical Day!!!
pklein09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: