Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #271
Taysmimi
Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready for HalloWonder Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandosgirl
Hi! I am brand new to DISboards and new to cruising as well. I haven't gotten through all 20-some-odd pages in this thread, but just wanted to say hi.

My name is Christine & my husband is Armando. We'll be sailing with you all on Magic April 6th-13th with my parents and our two boys, Gabriel (almost 4) and Isaac (almost 2).

Nice to "meet" you all!

*I requested to join the FB group as well.
Welcome, we are an excited group! Everyone is more than happy to answer questions that you may have also. I am a newbie but we have seasoned cruisers on board that will help. Look forward to meeting you.

Taysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #272
Taysmimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramadeb
I'm asking here and on FB as well...

Any other 12 year old girls? Or close to that? My daughter is 12 (or will be by the time we cruise) and we were just wondering if there would be any other girls her age?

Can't wait!!!
In looking over the complete FEList it looks like about 3-6 girls in the age range. Hopefully, they will all get to meet at the Dis meet on board. I hope so cruising with 4 yr old granddaughter and I am anxious for her to meet the others. Makes for special memories.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #273
grammyplease
Earning My Ears

Excited to Join this Group!!!!

We are traveling with 3 of our grandchildren, their parents, and my mother on this cruise. I just found this thread. I am so sorry I missed the deadline to join the fish-group, but it is going to be so much fun looking for the people who are playing. We are so very excited about this cruise - our first one - and even more excited that there seems to be such a "happy" group of people coming along.
grammyplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #274
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyplease View Post
We are traveling with 3 of our grandchildren, their parents, and my mother on this cruise. I just found this thread. I am so sorry I missed the deadline to join the fish-group, but it is going to be so much fun looking for the people who are playing. We are so very excited about this cruise - our first one - and even more excited that there seems to be such a "happy" group of people coming along.
We so very excited to have your family sail with us! Not too much longer!! We are doing a meet-up for all the people of the DISboards and FB on the first day of the cruise. We are planning to meet at 5:00 (or right after the sail away party) on the 3rd deck in the promenade lounge! We would love to meet all of you!!
Mikka

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #275
Taysmimi

It is beginning to look like a party in here and on our FB page. For those who have Facebook, check it out. I just looked and we leave our home in 23 days!!!! We are all going to have a blast. Look forward to seeing everyone at our meet and greet.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #276
cowies2007
Earning My Ears

Newbies

Hi guys,
Only just found this thread.
We will also be joining you on the 6th April.
We are me (Amanda 38) Neil(DH 40) Alfie and Freya (dd &ds 5)
We are from England and arrive in Texas onnthe 29th march. We will be spending some time with friends in Dallas then travelling down to Galveston for the sailing.
Hardly organised anything yet and starting to panic. Would really appreciate some advice from you guys about car Hire parking and hotels.
We fly in and out of Houston IAH.
What do you recommend??
Really excited and the kids are really excited about clubs and shows.
See you all really soon
Amanda
cowies2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #277
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowies2007 View Post
Hi guys,
We are from England and arrive in Texas onnthe 29th march. We will be spending some time with friends in Dallas then travelling down to Galveston for the sailing.
Hardly organised anything yet and starting to panic. Would really appreciate some advice from you guys about car Hire parking and hotels.
What do you recommend??
See you all really soon
Amanda
Welcome!! We are excited to meet you guys. It won't be long. Hope you guys can join us for the meet on the first day

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #278
armandosgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi guys,
What do you recommend??
See you all really soon
Amanda
Hi Amanda and welcome!

I don't know much about transportation... I know you can set it up so that the Disney bus picks you up at IAH and takes you to the port, so your best bet might be to stay at a hotel near the airport the night before. It looks like there is a Marriott right on the airport grounds. I don't know anything about that particular Marriott, but as a general rule hotels on airport grounds are safe, clean, good customer service etc because they want business travelers to come back. That being said, you'll pay a bit more.

There is also a service called Super Shuttle. Again, I haven't used them at IAH, but I've used them in Dallas and Austin to get back and forth to the airport and have always been happy with the service. It looks like they do transfers from IAH to the cruise terminals. You could either stay at a hotel near the airport and use them Saturday morning, or use them Friday to take you to a hotel near the cruise terminal in Galveston. No idea what it would cost, but you could call them at least to get a comparison rate to the DCL transportation. The forum says I don't have enough posts to post a link, but you can google "Super Shuttle" and "IAH" and find their website.

If you were thinking about renting a car, it is about an hour and 15 minute drive from IAH to Galveston. We are driving in from San Antonio on Friday and are staying at a Comfort Inn in Texas City, which is about 20 minutes from the port. Hotels.com gave us a rate of $80.75 for the night. My parents are driving in from Dallas and staying there too and my dad is going to talk to the hotel and negotiate leaving their car at the hotel for the week for either a small fee or agree to stay there on the Friday we get back.

Hope that helps!
armandosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #279
cowies2007
Earning My Ears

Great thanks, I'll look in to your suggestions.
We've never cruised before so have no idea what to expect.
When and where is the meet on the first day?
What kind of weather should we expect?
We've got a cabin on deck 5 right bat the front..... Hope we won't be feeling all the motion!!!
Not long yippee x
cowies2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #280
Sam Carre
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi guys,
What do you recommend??
See you all really soon
Amanda

Hi Amanda,

We are a Brit family on this cruise, my husband, son who is nearly 4 & I live in Dubai and fly into IAH on the 4th April. We are getting the return Disney transfers down to the port. We are staying at springhill suites by Marriott which is 5 mins or so from the airport and they provide a free airport shuttle.

Have a safe trip and see you on the cruise.

Take care,

Sam
Sam Carre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #281
Melamill
Earning My Ears

I am getting so excited! We are getting close. I just sent a request to join the Facebook page. I look forward to getting to know everyone. I hate that I missed the cutoff for FE. I was off of Disboards for a bit and forgot all about it.

I am hoping to find someone close to my daughter's age (she will be 10 in May) for her to hang out with in the kid's club.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting excited.

Melanie
Melamill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #282
grayson143
Earning My Ears

Finally catching up on threads...

Is there any room left on the FE list?
grayson143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #283
Taysmimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayson143
Is there any room left on the FE list?
We look forward to getting to know everyone! However the FE has closed, I am so sorry. But we would love for you to join us at the DIS meet following the Welcome party in the Promenade Lounge. We also have a Facebook page if you are on FB and come and join us over there also. Sometime more activity there than on here.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #284
threeprincessesmom
Earning My Ears

I haven't been on in awhile and I'm trying to catch up! Do we have a master list of the FE? I need to get my shopping done
threeprincessesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #285
threeprincessesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysmimi View Post
It is beginning to look like a party in here and on our FB page. For those who have Facebook, check it out. I just looked and we leave our home in 23 days!!!! We are all going to have a blast. Look forward to seeing everyone at our meet and greet.
How do we find the facebook page? I'm so behind!
threeprincessesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: