Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #256
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Mageemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyztx View Post
Awesome thanks so much!!!! I'm stoked!!!
Patty 30 ( love anything Disney) Felipe 30 ( nightmare before Christmas and marvel super heroes) Zanae girl 9 ( loves nightmare before Christmas, super heroes and wreck it Ralph) Zuriyah girl 6 ( loves Cinderella, Minnie and Mickey and any other princess) Cabin 6111

It is our first cruise, Felipe's 30th birthday ( on the 5 th) and our 10 year wedding anniversary. Whoa that's a lot. LOL

Again thanks so much and please let me know what group I'm in so I can start shopping. Thanks
Great! We are excited to have you join us! You will be in Group Donald!! I haven't had a chance to update the spreadsheet yet, but will soon!
__________________
Me: 33 DS:9

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #257
Pattyztx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 14

Thanks for the info! Thanks again
Pattyztx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #258
J2bigfoot
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3

Question about FE

Is it too late to join the FE groups? I just heard about it and am not sure how it all works. Could you clarify and let me know if we could still join? Thanks. My kids would be super excited to do this!

Last edited by J2bigfoot; 03-02-2013 at 03:21 PM.
J2bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #259
ericakaspar
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2bigfoot View Post
Is it too late to join the FE groups? I just heard about it and am not sure how it all works. Could you clarify and let me know if we could still join? Thanks. My kids would be super excited to do this!
Same here. Is it too late? If it is, can we at least join the Facebook group so we can meet up with some people?

This is our 1st Disne Cruise, 4th cruise in general and will be traveling with a very excited 2.5 year old girl.

We live in Houston so if anyone has any questions regarding Houston / Galveston let me know.
ericakaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #260
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Mageemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericakaspar View Post
Same here. Is it too late? If it is, can we at least join the Facebook group so we can meet up with some people?

This is our 1st Disne Cruise, 4th cruise in general and will be traveling with a very excited 2.5 year old girl.

We live in Houston so if anyone has any questions regarding Houston / Galveston let me know.
I am so sorry, but yes, march 1st was the deadline. The deadline was discussed by the people participating in order to have enough time to prepare. But we would LOVE for you to jump over to Facebook and meet up with everyone you are cruising with! There are many people on this thread we have gotten to know that are not participating in the FE. You will still have an AMAZING vacation and make wonderful friends!
__________________
Me: 33 DS:9

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

Last edited by Mageemommy; 03-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #261
Taysmimi
Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready for HalloWonder Cruise!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Del Rio, Texas
Posts: 44

The countdown has officially begun! In exactly 30 days we will depart Del Rio to connect with family in Spring and begin our MAGICal vacation. I am so excited! However, have lots to do before we go. The good thing is all our FE gifts are done
__________________
Sue DM Douglas DS

Taysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #262
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Mageemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysmimi View Post
The countdown has officially begun! In exactly 30 days we will depart Del Rio to connect with family in Spring and begin our MAGICal vacation. I am so excited! However, have lots to do before we go. The good thing is all our FE gifts are done
You are right! 30 days and we leave town as well! So exciting! I have to tell you I am very impressed you are completely done with you FE's. I am getting close, but I still have a few things to do then separate them out and tag them! You are adhead of the game!
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have thoughts on meeting up the first night? Where (not so crowded) and a good time ( let everyone get in and settled)
Ideas?!
__________________
Me: 33 DS:9

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #263
okstategrads
Earning My Ears
 
okstategrads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 53

Hi Everyone!! I can't wait to meet y'all next month! I'm working on our FE and have a question- I know there's a hook to hang it on outside of our room, but if we want to use a dowel rod, how long or short should it be? If we don't use the rod, what are some other ways to hang it so it stays up?? I bought the pocket chart from IKEA and am re-doing it to make it more Disneyish
okstategrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #264
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Mageemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstategrads View Post
Hi Everyone!! I can't wait to meet y'all next month! I'm working on our FE and have a question- I know there's a hook to hang it on outside of our room, but if we want to use a dowel rod, how long or short should it be? If we don't use the rod, what are some other ways to hang it so it stays up?? I bought the pocket chart from IKEA and am re-doing it to make it more Disneyish
Hey girl, I am not really sure how long the dowel rod should be, but I think the rod creates stability as things are placed into your extender, It helps your extender from just collapsing in on itself. This is just my thoughts as I have never made one I ordered mine online.
But I found a thread that may help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47214452

I am excited to see how it turns out!!
__________________
Me: 33 DS:9

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #265
Taysmimi
Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready for HalloWonder Cruise!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Del Rio, Texas
Posts: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageemommy

Hey girl, I am not really sure how long the dowel rod should be, but I think the rod creates stability as things are placed into your extender, It helps your extender from just collapsing in on itself. This is just my thoughts as I have never made one I ordered mine online.
But I found a thread that may help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47214452

I am excited to see how it turns out!!
When I made mine I cut the dowels 8-9 inches. My understanding not a lot of width room where they hang. Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished FE's.
__________________
Sue DM Douglas DS

Taysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #266
mawhite424
Mouseketeer
 
mawhite424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysmimi View Post
When I made mine I cut the dowels 8-9 inches. My understanding not a lot of width room where they hang. Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished FE's.
I think that's about right. I ordered mine too , and it's 9 inches wide.

As far as meeting up, the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 is a good place. We'll be getting there early so anytime is fine with us. They open up the rooms at 1:30 and the safety meeting is at 4 (I think??). What time is everyone else getting in?

Maybe we should ask on the fb page. I almost didn't check here for new messages! Love the fb page!
__________________
Mary

mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #267
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer
 
Mageemommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhite424 View Post
I think that's about right. I ordered mine too , and it's 9 inches wide.

As far as meeting up, the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 is a good place. We'll be getting there early so anytime is fine with us. They open up the rooms at 1:30 and the safety meeting is at 4 (I think??). What time is everyone else getting in?

Maybe we should ask on the fb page. I almost didn't check here for new messages! Love the fb page!
I did forget to ask fb, haha. I will though! My check in time is 1130.
__________________
Me: 33 DS:9

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #268
Taysmimi
Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready for HalloWonder Cruise!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Del Rio, Texas
Posts: 44

I responded on FB bit our port time is 11:30 also and we have second seating. So just let me k ow time and I will have my group there.
__________________
Sue DM Douglas DS

Taysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #269
armandosgirl
Earning My Ears
 
armandosgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 4

Hi! I am brand new to DISboards and new to cruising as well. I haven't gotten through all 20-some-odd pages in this thread, but just wanted to say hi.

My name is Christine & my husband is Armando. We'll be sailing with you all on Magic April 6th-13th with my parents and our two boys, Gabriel (almost 4) and Isaac (almost 2).

Nice to "meet" you all!

*I requested to join the FB group as well.

Last edited by armandosgirl; 03-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.
armandosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #270
dramadeb
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51

I'm asking here and on FB as well...

Any other 12 year old girls? Or close to that? My daughter is 12 (or will be by the time we cruise) and we were just wondering if there would be any other girls her age?

Can't wait!!!
dramadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: