Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #136
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Hmmm she is an adult correct? Tell her to put her big girl pants on, hire a baby sitter if one is needed, and tell him she's going to do what she pleases. He is not the boss of her.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #137
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
Parts of this thread are hysterical!

I bet if the OP's friend posted a thread it might go something like this.

Ugh! My BFF won't stop asking me to go to see some band this weekend. I just saw her and it was a nice visit but I have other things to do. I don't want to hurt her feelings so I blamed it on my dh since she doesn't like him anyway. Sure it would be nice to see my friends but my ds got invited to his first birthday party without his sister and he is so excited! I am looking foward to taking him and maybe meeting other parents of kids he is friends with. A funny aside, my kids heard me talking on the phone to bff about this band weekend (for the eleventy billionth time!) and were trying to figure out a way to go and said that our cat could tuck them into bed. lol! They are so cute. I love those little darlings! When I got off the phone I assured them that although I know the cat would do a great job tucking them in I would rather be here with them. Of course I like to do stuff with friends and do so often but I am not up for a weekend event. I am too busy.

JMHO of course and not meant as snark to the OP. Just giving a different point of view.

Oh- and if my BFF decided to spread all my personal business on the internet she would be on the do not call list for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleview View Post
Finally read everything. Here's my take: OP, stay out of it! If your friend is having issues with her husband, she needs to deal with it. The fact that he was confiding certain things in you is icky.

Re the girls' weekend: I can't even imagine doing those right now. The kids schedules so dominate our lives, that if we have down time we either want to relax at home, do a family outing, or something with just the two of us. Your friend may have hit that point.
Agree with all of this.

And call me crazy, but yep i would want to take my child to the birthday party he is so excited about! I would not want to hire a sitter to do it.

And i am also curious of the responses that suggested she bring her kids on the trip and get a sitter. How does one get a sitter that you know and trust in a strange city??
Do people do that?
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: