Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
gumbo1009
...flawed product of a deranged mind...

Fantasy 12-22-12 Cruisers - welcome back (and a request)

Welcome back folks! Someone from your cruise was kind enough to post the navigators, but was missing the detailed portion of 12/24 (the one with the hourly schedule). If anyone happens to still have your navigators, I would be grateful if you could post the one from 12/24. (And if anyone has a Christmas night menu to throw in as a bonus, that would complete "the set.")

: ) I am counting down our own Christmas Cruise!!! (at least it's finally under a year)

Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
gumbo1009
...flawed product of a deranged mind...

A big thanks to a DISer who shared the 2012 Christmas menu from the Fantasy. I figured I would post it here.

I previously saw a 2011 holiday menu (from the Wonder) and the 2 menus are almost EXACTLY the same...

CHRISTMAS NIGHT MENU FROM 2012 FANTASY

Appetizers
Prosciutto Wrapped Figs -- with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, and a roquette pesto
Blackeberry and Port Wine Sorbet -- served on a cantaloupe and honeydew melon confetti compote
Alaskan King Crab Legs -- with melted lemon-herb butter and roasted corn relish
Potato and Cheese Stuffed Dumplings -- with caramelized onions, sour cream, and topped with cavier

Soups and Salads
Mrs. Claus Oxtail Consomme and Parmesan Twist -- clarified oxtail soup with aged jerez wine oxtail meat and fine vegetables
Fennel-Potato Soup -- with smoked salmon
Rudolf's Romaine Salad -- with red radishes, cauliflower florets, and pickled red cabbages tossed in an herb-ranch dressing
Winter Green Leaves -- lambs lettuce, endive, and oakleaf with crispy lardons of bacon, caramelized baby onions, and croutons tossed in an aged red wine vinaigrette

Bread Service
-- cornbread and sour dough loaf

Main Courses
Vine Ripe Tomato with Lemon Jumbo Shrimp - potato gnocchi, oven roasted butternut squash and a light herb sauce
Olive Oil Marinated Striped Bass -- with saffron flavored baby vegetables, wild rice, and lemon-herb sauce
Festive Oven-roasted Young Tom Turkey -- with cornbread fruit stuffing, mashed sweet potato with caramelized pecans, whole green beans, pan-roasting juices, and cranberry jelly
Honey-glazed Baked Virginia Ham -- with sweet corn cakes, red-skin potatoes, and thyme roasted winter vegetables service with a raisin and madeira sauce
Black Pepper-crusted Standing Rib Roast -- with roasted red onions, sugar snap peas, potato gratin, and red wine reduction
Pumpkin Curry with Brown Lentils and Apples on Basmati Rice
Blue Cheese and Asparagus Risotto
Lighter options: Steamed Lemon Sole, Sirloin Steak, Chicken Breast, Salmon

Desserts
Holiday English Pudding -- with brandy sauce
Double Chocolate Yule Log -- with meringue mushrooms
Passion Fruit and White Chocolate Creme Brulee -- with vanilla ice cream
Flourless Chocolate Cake -- with a vanilla cream frosting and a milk chocolate sauce
Banana Caramel Bliss -- mint chocolate ice cream with a slice of banana, pecan brittle, and rum caramel sauce

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: